Went to Lowe's on 7/21, told to order the fridge I wanted online since it's a special order (Maytag 18.7 cu. ft.

stainless steel, single door, bottom freezer). Ordered online on 7/21, date of arrival estimated 8/16. The week of 8/16 I get a call saying it's now 8/21. Ok.

A couple of days later I get a call that it's now 8/28. On 8/27 I call the 1-800# to confirm the date arrival is still 8/28, it was. On 8/28 get a voicemail saying it's scheduled to arrived 9/2 and call to schedule a delivery. Call them (the local store) an hour later to schedule a delivery and the woman says, "yeah, it says 9/3 but I bet it won't be here until the next week, probably 9/11." I talk to her a bit, she's a young gal, obviously doesn't care about my situation (which is fine), and she's a straight talker, which I appreciate it.

I believe her when she says "probably 9/11", but for kicks I called the 1-800# again to see what they say. 1-800# person says, delivery is definitely 9/3 if not before. I told her that the store told me possibly 9/11, and she says she does not know where the store got that info from (me: probably past experience?).

I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about all of this - maybe my refrigerator is a ghost and doesn't really exist?

I wouldn't be surprised if the week of 9/11 Lowe's calls and tells me it's the following week, and etc. and I'm a part of a study seeing how long a customer can be told something is delayed before they finally cancel and order. And I'm already expecting that IF it ever comes it to either be 1. the wrong fridge, or 2.

the fridge arriving dented or damaged in some way.

If it ever comes, and comes in one piece, I'll be grateful and surprised.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments