We went to Lowes looking for a metal hideaway hose reel because our dogs chew on the plastic ones. While at Lowes we saw exactly what we were looking for in the greenhouse. It was actually being used to hold the hoses which were used to water the plants. We asked staff where we could locate the product in the store as we hadn't seen one for sale in the hose reel section. Staff stated they didn't actually sell them, just used them for personal use.

Disappointed to have found exactly what we were looking for, but discovering it wasn't for sale, we went home and looked online. To our surprise, we found the exact product we were told by a Lowes employee they did not sell, on their website.

I called and placed my order over the phone. Within an hour of placing the order, I received a call from Lowes stating due to an "IT error" the order was cancelled and I would need to place the order again.

I checked my bank account and was charged $269.63 for a $119 hose reel. I was told it would take 7-10 business days to receive a refund and they encouraged me to place the order again and stated my card would be charged again. Needless to say, I did not place the order again and stated I would just wait for my refund.

I waited the 10 days and called back as I had not received a refund to my account. The woman I spoke with was rude and kept talking over me. She stated the order was listed as completed and stated the item had been picked up. I live in OR, the store that was suppose to send the product to me is in FL. It seemed obvious to me that I did not pick up the product, but not to this ***. I had to argue with her for several minutes and then she put me on hold for 20 minutes. She came back and stated she had called the store in FL and cancelled the order and I should receive a refund in 7-10 days.

I asked why she had to call and cancel an order I had been told was cancelled due to an IT error 10 days ago by Lowes, not me. She didn't have an answer and told me to "have a nice day" and hung up on me.

Home Depot all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lowes, never again.....

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Eugene, Oregon, United States #869542

GO TO JERRY'S. FOR GET HOME DEPOT OR LOWES!