Verified Reviewer

2.1

Went to purchase a chest freezer online back in May and found out I had to go to the store to order it.

Once I entered the store I went to the appliance department and had to hunt down someone to help me. To make a long story short, I place the order with an associate and was told the freezer would be in on July 15.

On July 15 I went to customer service desk and was told the freezer was not there, and they don't know when it would be there since the Cov13 was causing havoc on deliveries and I would have to check.

back in a week

Seven days later I was told the freezer would be on the truck July 31st

July 31st come and I go to pick up the freezer for the 3rd time and then was told that I can not get the freezer because they don't have anymore and won't be getting anymore.

How can one sell you something that you don't have? Why wasn't I told before now that they can't get anymore ? I could have gone elsewhere a bought one before this pandemic got bad.

No apologies, No how can I make this right?

No let me see if I can substitute something else!

Three months of promises and still no freezer! Now I have to wait another 3 or 4 months for another one somewhere else.

Guess I will ask the neighbor if they can hold my meat for another couple of months!

User's recommendation: If you buy something there, make sure you walk out with it.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 700 Mall Road, Barboursville, WV 25504

Comments

#1903737

They sell products based on the information they are given by the manufacturer. Blame the manufacturer for not fulfilling their orders, not the store.

#1903746
@PissedConsumer1903737

If I go to a steak house and order a T-bone steak and they are out of T-bones, I get an apology and a porterhouse. I get customer service and a solution to the problem.

#1903799
@PissedConsumer1903746

They obviously didn't have one when you bought it. That's why you had to order it with an expected date in the future.

They gave you a date based when the manufacturer said it would be available. The manufacturer obviously didn't deliver and apparently isn't making any more of this model.

What do you expect Lowes to do? The can't just go in the back room and make one for you.

#1903824
@PissedConsumer1903799

. You take someone's money and tell them they should receive a purchase in a particular time.

You can't tell me the manufacturer did not let them know that the item was no longer going to be available at the specified date. Why the run around and lies?

Lowes Reviews