I don't know if it is just this store or Lowes generally, but there is ZERO customer service.I purchased a garage door opener and installation services.

Lowes' contractor, too lazy to remove the rails from my existing opener, lied and said that I needed a different new opener that would be compatible with my existing tracks. I called the store and was put on hold for 30 mins at a time; was hung up on several times; one person I was speaking with put me on hold to check products but instead that person went to lunch. After receiving no assistance from the store, I called the manufacturer of the opener I purchased and they informed me that like, every opener on the market (so the contractor was aware of the contents of these products), the product I purchased came with its own tracks and those tracks should be installed as part of the installation. Again, I called the store to inform them that their contractor was aparently trying to avoid doing the full job (which includes installing the new tracks) and I was told that was my problem and I could call the contractor myself.

I reminded the person that I have a contract with Lowes, not with their contractor and it was not my job to call their contractor to convince him to do his job. I got the runaround several times, with the manager promising to speak with the contractor. That was about 3 weeks ago; I haven't heard from Lowes since.

I got my refund from Lowes and purchased an opener and installation services from Home Depot, which was installed, with the new tracks, without any issues yesterday.I will NOT be purchasing anything from Lowes and will tell everyone of this exasperating experience and encourage them to go to Home Depot, which is where I will be going from now on.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

nikalseyn

Well, at least you kept on it and got your money back so you could get someone to do it right.The problem was obviously the independent contractor used by Lowe's and I am surprised Lowe's refused to take any responsibility---he is sub-contracting from Lowe's, not you and is thus their responsibility.

At least you(and I)learned a lesson about Lowe's.By the way, where is this Lowe's store so we can stay away from it??