DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR MAJOR APPLIANCES FROM LOWES!

I purchased a new stacked washer/dryer with an extended 4 year warranty from Lowes on February 2, 2012. 2 weeks ago my washer quit working.

I called Lowes to request repair. They scheduled a repair through A&E Factory Service, 8 days out. The A&E repairman called me on his way to my home, asking the problem (which I described to Lowes on my initial call). He immediately replied that it sounded like the mother board needed to be replaced, that this was a common issue, and A&E did not keep these parts in stock and he would have to order it.

After diagnosing the problem, just as he suspected, this was the problem. He said he would order the part, which should arrive in 2-3 days, but he could not come back to install it until Nov 2. This means I will be without my washing machine for over 2 weeks. $50 at laundromats since waiting for repairs.

I have sent various emails and made several calls to Lowes expressing my dissatisfaction with their warranty repair service, only getting the run around. Don't waste your money with Lowes.

Review about: Lowes Warranty.

Comments

Oh you poor thing. Did your perfect world experience a hiccup.

Join the rest of the crowd and quit whining. Kindness and patience will get you a lot further in this imperfect world.

Look at it this way. If you hadn't purchased the warranty you would be calling a service center like A&E, waiting for the repair and paying for it. Would you be blaming yourself for the delays?

nikalseyn
Columbia, Kentucky, United States #733972

First of all, Lowe's did not manufacture the machine. Blame the manufacturer for the problem if you must blame anyone.

Secondly, you sound like a certified platinum member of the "immediate gratification" club. Things happen and if it cannot be repaired for a couple of weeks, learn to cope. Take your meds and go to the laundromat.

At least it will be fixed. Your boo-hooing is tiresome.

Wait a minute, you are blaming the wrong people. I doubt you would be better off a Sears or other stores, since this is A&E.