2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jun 18

a month later. Lowes has not gotten back to me.

We bought a new washer from Home Depot.

We can get whatever Lowes has from Walmart, HD and Home Goods. They lost a fairly regular customer.

Original review posted by user May 19

On April 28, less than 10 days before leaving on vacation, our Samsung washer decides to call it quits. About to rush off to Lowes, I decided to check the manual/ warranty and saw my wife’s annotation that it was purchased on April 12, 2013 and the extended warranty we bought with it expired at the end of April 2018.

I then called Lowes Customer Service, got a Kevin, who graciously extended our warranty an extra 30 days to May 12 as the warranty did expire on April 13 of 2018. Kevin emailed me verification of this and the next day he emailed a form to fill out for laundromat reimbursement, which we didn’t even know the extended protection plan included. We called the authorized Samsung repair facility and made an appointment for them to come April 29. Instead, they offered to inspect and identify needed parts that same day, the 28th.

While there, the repairman called Lowes and verified the warranty was extended to May 12, 2018. He called in the necessary parts for repair and we waited a couple of days, not hearing from anyone. I called the repair facility and they explained they were waiting on Lowes to give the go ahead. I called Lowes and got a different rep who denied that our warranty was extended, even though he saw the documentation, explaining that the only way the extended protection plan could be extended beyond exactly four years was if the original delivery date was delayed until the end of April 2013, which it was not.

I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor, allegedly named David, and got the same spiel. He offered us a thirty dollar gift card to make up for the laundromat, and refused anything else. Told him to stuff the gift card as we will not be returning to Lowes, went to Home depot and bought a GE washer.

Granted, the warranty probably did expire on the 13th, but why string us along and lie to us ? Done with Lowes.

Review about: Lowes Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being treated like i was disposable and being lied to.

Comments