Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Do not use Lowe’s for any projects you may need. I went to Lowe’s because I was sent a coupon from them from the US Postal service because I recently moved.

The coupon was an extra 10% off new shades and 9 shades installed for $99(see attached picture). I setup a survey which I paid $35 for to have someone come to measure. I go to the local store in Piscataway NJ a few days later and am told the person who does blinds is not in now that I should come back tomorrow. I come back tomorrow and the rep I see recommended he send someone out to the house again to take measurements for an “outside” mount installation because there are more choices.

The 2nd surveyor comes a few days later and I go that night to the store and an associate helps me. My wife and I are there for almost 3 hours and then suddenly on the associate’s computer it comes up almost $900 for installation and he doesn’t know why it’s coming up. He calls a manager on the phone (who never came over) and gets no help or information. He’s grabbing associates from plumbing and flooring departments to help him and no one can figure it out.

The store was closing at this point and he says I will get a call back the next morning which I never did.

Two days later I call Lowe’s corporate and explain the situation to a manager there and again I’m promised a call back from “senior management” within 24 hours and no one calls. DO NOT USE LOWES FOR ANY OF THEIR SERVICES OR YOU’LL BE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Blinds Installation.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 09.

Comments

This coupon does not include installation. This is just for the blinds. You'll get 10% off if they're in stock blinds and another 5% off if you get special order blinds.

New mover's coupons are not valid on: LowesforPros.com; previous sales; multiple transactions; purchase of services, installation, or extended protection plans; gift cards; Weber products; Dacor, ICON, Fisher & Paykel, Monogram, Smeg, or Liebherr brand appliances (some brands not available in all markets/stores); or clearance appliances. Customer must pay applicable sales tax.

I see nothing in the coupon that mentions installation.