1.7

On 5/1/2016, we purchased Pergo flooring and signed into contract for installation with Lowes for flooring in our kitchen and hallway area.On 6/6 and 6/7/2016, install took place with Will from TriStar flooring sent from Lowes.

On 6/9/2016, we purchased an additional transition strip and an order for needed repairs including a corner edge chipping up on area of flooring, via phone conversation with Josh, Lowes sale associate. We were contacted by Will from TriStar who came to our house too look at the worked needed to be done including the start possible product issue. Will did state that the issues that were starting with the flooring should not be occurring and every now and then a batch of defective flooring is produced. He also asked we could wait for repair.

Per Will, it was the busy season and there were management changes resulting in lack of installers to perform the work. We understood and were willing to wait. He said he would contact us when he was able to perform repairs. Throughout the summer, we noticed defects in the flooring such as denting from light objects that fell on the floor (light plastic magnet) and a gouge from a small soup can that slipped from my hand as I was grabbing another item from under the sink.

This dent occurred from a drop height of 7 inches and only 2 months into having the floor installed. **Since the initial concern of issues we have noticed considerable defects in the product such as gouging and chipping in various areas throughout the entire floor which lead us believe that there is product defect. In the beginning of September, we had not heard from the installer. Unfortunately, we could not locate the personal cell number Will had provided us.

Between 9/10/2016 and 11/5/2016, we attempted to contact Lowes flooring department via phone approximately 6 times between my husband and myself. During each attempt, we were repeatedly transferred between departments and experienced extremely long hold times and had to cease with the attempt. If we finally did get to speak with someone, we were told every time the person we needed was not available. There never was any information of us previously requesting to be contacted by Lowes about issues and repairs.

When mentioning concerns of the product, we were told that Pergo rarely sends a representative to a home let alone take blame on a defective product so chances were slim that concern would be addressed. Yet, they would relay our concerns and someone would contact us. That contact never came. On 11/7/2016, we physically went to the store and spoke with Crystal who said that Lowes was no longer contracting with TriStar.

This could have and should have been revealed to us on a previous phone conversation with an associate but was not. She tried to give us the contact number for the new company so that we, the customer with business quality concerns could be further aggravated, by the situation. I explained that we contracted with Lowes therefore Lowes needed to get the issues resolved and work performed for us. She put in an “official” work order for someone to contact us.

She said this assures that the message will get attention. My husband was contacted by Ryan from Service Pros and on 11/10/2016 he came to inspect the floor, took pictures and was going to contact someone from his company to initiate the actual repairing. He noted that the product should not be wearing the way it was. He also took note that table chair legs were padded and I use the cleaning solution of water and vinegar suggested by Pergo on their website.

We never received a call from the company for follow up. On 11/21/2016 I spoke with Rhim, another Lowes sales associate via phone and explained that there had been no resolution. Yet again, the message would be passed. I managed to locate the contact number for Service Pro contractor Ryan and told him we were never contacted for the repairs.

The next day we got a call from David Sumner from Service Pros who was contacted by Ryan, not Lowes. The following day he came to our house and took pictures, wrote notes and commented about possible product deficiency. We have never received additional correspondence from him even after reaching out via text on 12/6/2016 and leaving a voice mail on 12/7/2016. Ironically, we have never heard from Lowes since I spoke to the sales associate on 11/21/2016.

On 12/8/2016 I called contractor Ryan about the lack of attention from the other Service Pro Rep and he said that he would follow up. I haven’t heard from anyone since. On 12/9/2016, I called Lowes only to be told that what I need is no longer a flooring department issue, but an installation department issue and of course, the department was closed and I needed to call back the following day.

On 12/20/2016, certified letter was sent via USPS, directed to the specific store manager and received 12/22/2016 by unknown Lowes associate per tracking.12/28/2016 No response to date.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with floor color. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of lowes flooring installation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2700. Lowes needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lowes flooring installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments