purchased a bundle warranty plan for a Samsung washer and Samsung dryer FROM LOWES STORE.Unfortunately, a year later, the particular Samsung washer purchased was recalled and so, I went back to Lowes to purchase another washer however, the bundle warranty could not be transferred to the new washer as the warranty purchased covered the two appliances at the time.

Lowes offered $25 gift certificate for the inconvenience,which was a rip off since it was NOT even half of the amount for the bundle warranty plan. MORALE OF THIS STORY?

DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY AND IF YOU DO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY, MAKE SURE ITS NOT A BUNDLE FROM LOWES STORE.RIP OFF !

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of lowes protection plan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $113. Lowes needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lowes protection plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Vincennes, Indiana, United States #1276119

This is untrue....they can transfer the remainder of the warranty from the first washer to the new washer...

How do I know this. Because back in November 2016 when I first learned of the recall, I went back to the Lowes store where I purchased it in Danville and after several days of them "doing research regarding the recall" they allowed me to choose a different washer. So I picked out a different Samsung and the swap was complete... I was told that my extended warranty was transferred over but to hold on to my original receipts showing where I had paid for it originally.

I am sure glad I did...

Fast forward a few months when I realized that yes, they gave me a new washer to replace the original recalled one (that was less than a year old).... THEY REPLACED MY RECALLED WASHER WITH A 2ND RECALLED WASHER!!!

I was not a happy camper the first time I went through this, a second time was ridiculous. Now on the store level they claimed that there was a 2nd wave of recalls and it wasn't their fault I got a 2nd recalled washer....

Now I am not saying that they are not telling the truth, but I cannot find any record anywhere of a secondary recall that added more models to the recall after the replacement washer was delivered.

OK so I get to the store after waiting for them to pick up the 2nd recalled washer in order to get a full refund, well they were happy to refund the price of the washer, but the cash register locked them out...

I feel as though they have got to hold on to my money all this time. I should have been issued a refund on the spot.

Finally today I got an email that rather than refunding 100% of the $109 I spent, they are only sending me a check for $84.32. I had a 5 year warranty and both of the machines would have been covered by the manufacturer during the first year.

I had one for approximately 10 months and they other for about 2. No claims had been made during that time... I am getting ready to call them here in a bit. I have wasted so much time on this.

I am so glad I bought my newest washer at Menards (during their 11% rebate sale) and from now on, I will never buy another extended warranty at point of purchase again.

I am going to try http://www.allsixwarranty.com/.They will cover all six of your major appliances for $19.95 monthly.

Sweetwater, Tennessee, United States #1255276

I was just told the same thing.Why can't the just swap serial #'s?

I'd be good with just the 4 years remaining on my new washer.