Ease of Use
Layout of Store

purchased a door on December 6th - yes they took our money that day - door was supposed to be installed December 28th. Nobody shows up to install, they call New Year's day to ask how the install went.

Well obviously not to good since what we're looking at is the same old door. They try to "get their act together," and schedule an install date, they show up and guess what - they ordered the wrong size door. Now they say it will be FEBRUARY before the door comes in - our house is supposed to be on the market already and EVERYONE is waiting on them - painters, plumbers, photographer, real estate agent, etc. We say it needs to be in ASAP and we will be demanding compensation since they are pushing back our listing date - they say they cant' talk about compensation until after the installation.

It is FINALLY installed January 26th - we are told to call on Monday (the 29th) about compensation - I just got off the phone with them and because two pieces of metal are sticking out of the door it has to be inspected by the installer first and confirmed it is correct before compensation can be granted - interesting, never heard that one before. EVERY person I have talked to has been rude and spoken to us like we are *** - Bobbie, Judy, Jimmy, Sunshine (was seriously her name), Alexis, etc. In the meantime we have ordered twelve other things to complete this project from Home Depot with not one issue - and of course we're still waiting on compensation from Lowe's. Don't use Lowe's - they are extremely corrupt - oh and each time I was on the phone with them 30 - 90 minutes and nothing was accomplished - NOTHING - they just like to sit around and take people's money then say "we can't do that because it's policy" even though I pointed out to them NUMEROUS times that they have not followed ANY of the policies listed in the agreement with us concerning our installation - but of course that doesn't matter because they only follow the policies that are convenient for them.

Don't use them - they like to take advantage of their customers and the majority of their employees are just nasty people in general, ask around, you'll get the same opinion - every person we hired to help us fix up our old house (plumbers, painters, etc.) told us they don't use Lowe's for anything because they are so incompetent with what they do and just want to take money. Go to Home Depot, even if it cost a little more it will save you time and money in the long run and at least you'll be respected and know the job will get done correctly and on time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Door Installation.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

mike_eins

I fell your pain, I had a similar situation and they promise to compensate but Lowe's does not follow through with it. its been 2 months for my compensation and haven't seen or heard anything despite calling all the time and a promise that someone will be contacting me.