1.8

Update by user Apr 20, 2016

After over a month of delays in my special order, someone finally reached out about a possible ship date. If they get anywhere the date they are saying, it would be a month past when they said they would get it and a month and a half since they took the order.

A white month went by before they came up with the latest date, communicated in a cold impersonal email.

No apologies, no empathy, just a cold stating that maybe you'll get your special order by months end.

They knew it last week, 2 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago.

4 weeks ago.

They just refused to communicate with me.

Many emails and phone calls to their Customer Care which always end with someone from senior management will contact you within 24 hours but it never happened until 4 weeks, a whole month went by. They still haven't fixed MYLOWES to accurately reflect the status of my order.

Horrible, horrible customer service.

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2016

Horrible special order experience.

I ordered a dpecial order door on 3/17.

Supposed to arrive 4/5.

I should have run from the store just in trying to get someone who knew how to order it. I was in the store for 40 minutes before an assistant manager figured it out. I talked to someone in the department - no go. I talked to a specialist - closer but no go. I went to an assistant manager - very unfriendly, not at all making me feel comfortable that he knew what he was doing. Always trust your instincts because it just went downhill from there.

Less than a week later I was looking adt mylowes for the status of another dpecial order I had placed through lowes.com.

I noticed my shower door was refunded.

I didn't refund it oe cancel it what is going on? I try calling the store several times and get no satisfaction so I decide to go there. I explain the whole thing to another assistant manager. He convinces me that there is still a door on order. Went through the whole mylowes problem and he said hhe doesn't know how that works but that they still owe me a door - even though I don't have anything that shows that and mylowes is incorrect. He said it's still scheduled to be here 4/5 but he can verify this tomorrow. Still waiting on that call.

Fast forward to 4/5. No door. No communication of any kind from Lowes.

Called the store on 4/6. Tried to resolve it over the phone, unsuccessfully. Decide to go to the store. On the way to the store someone from Lowes calls and tells my wife the door won't be there until the 15th now. Why didn't they call? Now I am pissed off. I ask to speak to the assistant manager that ordered the door. After several pages the associate says he must be out to lunch. They'll have him call me. Still waiting for that call, too.

Supposed to be 2 weeks to get the door, now pushed back to almost 4 weeks. If it comes on the 15th.

It doesn't. They don't call about that either. I go back to the store and ask an associate to look at the order. The new date is the 25th. I ask what the *** is going on. I am told it didn't come in on the 15th so someone just moved the date back and it doesn't necessarily mean it will be here on the 25th. Now I am livid. I ask two different people for name and contact information for the next level of management above the store. It is the district manager. They tell me his name but won't provide a way to contact him.

Still no dood. The store had never contacted me to let me know what the problem is. They cannot let me know when I might receive the door. They don't care about me. Horrible, horrible customer service. If the assistant store manager cares so little about customers, what chance do you have that anyone else in the store cares about customers. They don't.

Avoid this store. You will be sadly dissapointed.

Throughout this whole experience I have been calling and emailing the Customer Care (please rename to Customer don'tCare to

Product or Service Mentioned: Door.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Knowledge and expertise sbout special orders, Low confidence level, Being treated like i was bothering them, Employees not exhausting every avenue to assist me.

Comments