800 Sunrise Hwy, Bay Shore, NY 11706, USA

I ordered an entry door from Loews = I wanted a black door with Oval Lite window. The salesman hit the wrong color.

I didn't catch it. The receipt for the storm door - with black trim was on top and it noted the color black. The door came in in the color Eclipse. This happens to be a navy or midnight navy blue - in some lights your can't tell.

Took me a while to catch it. The door had no door *** I understand now they do not come with door knobs. Could I have been told that. My carpenter is at the house installing the door and I have to run out and purchase the door *** 2nd.

The storm door comes in with the wrong hardware - so the door handle opens incorrectly. Sad to say - I thought Loews was step up.

It is a step down - I will never purchase from them again. Sales people should be informed and help the customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Door.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Store employees do their best to get you the products you want. Sometimes they make the error, sometimes it's how the customer communicates their desires.

They reason they print the orders out for you is so that you can review them and make sure you are getting what you want. Having worked in retail for over 40 years 90% of the time customers will blame the salesperson. Its odd that the customers feel they are so perfect and it's only possible for a salesperson to make a mistake. Your post even indicates you assume things rather than asking.

For example, the door *** There are multiple brands, colors and styles of door knobs available. Why would you assume they would pick one and include it with the door? I pitty the next store you choose.

You won't find that their salespeople are perfect either, nor will they be able to read your mind and know what you are assuming about the products you are purchasing. Next time take a little time to learn about the products you are shopping for before making a purchase.