1482 Central Ave, Colonie, NY 12205, USA
4.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I went to another home improvement box store and they gave me a deal similar to Lowes. Free installation with purchase and free furniture moving/disposal of old carpet.

This measured, but when they sent the estimate they said I'd need to remove the vinyl tiles in 1 room because they may contain asbestos. I had the original tiles carton but they then said there was a height difference (1/8 inch) because of the tile.

It took a few hours to remove the tiles then, while shopping at Lowes, I found a better deal at Lowes. The Lowes installer said he would not have required the tile removal and was more professional than the first. When the Lowes carpet arrived the installers were polite, helpful, and did excellent work.

Once the lady of the house came home she didn't like the color and said she couldn't live with it.

I contacted Lowes because they have a full satisfaction guarantee. They agreed to change the carpet for a different color as long as I paid a disposal fee ($75) and ordered the same brand carpet. Once again the installers were polite and professional on the second visit.

I would definitely use Lowes again for carpet. I really like that it's easier to get a veteran's discount at Lowes than the orange store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Carpet Installation.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Lowes Pros: Customer service, Way lowes dealt with the return.

Comments

No wonder prices are so high. Replacing your carpet because your wife couldn't pick the right color before you purchased it just drives prices up. They make up for the loss they take on jobs like yours by jacking the prices up for everyone.