I have spent over 30k with Lowes and this 4th project (bathroom) renovation) was the last straw for me. First of all, the customer has to be their own project manager as they have a major issue with communication not only to the customer but to all those involved in the project. I had to keep them on track and constantly follow up with Lowes if I wanted to keep the project moving forward.

It took 3 weeks to get the estimate from Lisa Ford. When I went in to review it on April 6th, I placed emphasis that the job has to be completed by May 12th as I have family coming down for a visit. I even requested that we should schedule the work now in expectation of the parts arriving on April 25th. She assured me that this is possible and that is the main reason I agreed to the contract. It has been my experience that once the material is delivered; the work begins within a day or two.

I had to call your installation services twice to get an update because they never contacted me. During my last call with Kayla she stated that they would be arrive to inspect the parts on Friday May 4th at 4:30 and at that time, we can confirm the day. With that said, she stated that she understood my sense of urgency with regard to the job being completed by May 12th.

Upon their arrival, is when I was told that there was no way that they could meet my date of May 12th. The excuse that the contractor stated was due to other projects that have had several delays. As you can imagine, I was pretty angry about the situation as I canceled a business trip for the week of May 7th in order to have this completed. Frankly I really don’t care about their delay issues as I was given an expectation and they should stand by it.

I have a very busy schedule in May so the only available time I have is on May 29th. I called and spoke to your weekend manager on May 5th and he stated that he would look into it and (as usual) I have yet to be communicated with regarding my request. At this point, my wife and I have lost total confidence in their quality and ability to get the job done correctly the first time.

We decided to cancel the installation potion of the project and keep the parts so we can seek a more reliable contractor.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

The "Independent Contractors" are not Independent when working for Lowe's. The "Independent Contractors " brought suit against Lowe's for same benefits of in store employees.

These contractors were made to wear apparel with Lowe's logo and to represent themselves as working for Lowe's on any jobsite. These contact ARE indeed employees of Lowe's Home Improvement. This suit was won and they do have the same benefits and must follow the same rules as in store employees. If your situation is ever turned over to Lowe's Corporate for their insurance to cover any damages, it is then that it is proof that Lowe's IS responsible for any home improvements that have gone wrong.

I won't go into any details of a ruined window instulation although it was several years of trying to deal with a woman that decided she was my God and judge and jury. I will never have Lowe's install anything in my home nor would I ever recommend anyone else to do it. These "Contractors" that did an install of several thousand dollars in a complete window replacement, had never installed a window in their life. I had huge gaps between the sheetrock and Windows, broken brick from the sledgehammer they used to remove old windows and interior sheetrock completely missing and filled with caulk.

If this is acceptable for any homeowner, I suggest you have money to burn. If these situations are not acceptable to you, hire a local contractor that happens to be licensed within the state for further recourse. Lowe's leaves no options on recourse and it is their way or no way. I did not want the contractors back in my home so the store manager turned it over to their insurance.

If these contractors are independent, their own insurance would pay for any damages to your home and not Lowe's Insurance. Lowe's Home Improvement has become my home disaster and extreme stress. If they wanted to keep consumers of their products and installations, they would do anything to make us happy. Instead they want the money with little or no qualified employees to do the work.

In hindsight I wish I had hired an attorney to fight the corporate Lowe's. At least I would have known I put up a fight for my rights as a homeowner and so much less anxiety in talking to a woman who is a royal ***

I am having the same issue.. two months in and no communication.

the local store manager offering us additional discount on parts if we are willing to wait for backordered parts to come in. yikes i hope we have no further issues