Verified Reviewer

2.2

I purchased a clothes washer in December of 2017 and got a great discount. I also purchased a 5 year extended protection plan.

Last month, the washer quit working so I scheduled a service call. The tech told me he would be ordering two parts but thought he would only need one.

Today, I discovered that Lowes is reneging coverage under the plan and is only willing to settle for the discounted amount I paid for the washer and they are not even including anything for the remaining two year of the plan they are not honoring.

When I initially called, the representative lied and claimed that the repair parts were not available. The second representative, a supervisor, claimed that Lowes had decided the cost of repairs was too great yet they would not tell me any details.

I finally reached out to the repair folks who had seen the unit and the amount of repairs would have been almost $200 less than the value of the washer.

I will never buy another appliance from Lowes. The people seem pleasant enough but at the end of the day, they will rip you off if it will save them a couple hundred dollars.

User's recommendation: Avoid purchasing major appliances from Lowes and NEVER buy the extended protection plan.

Preferred solution: either pay me the retail value of the appliance when purchased and a pro-rata share of two years of unearned protection plan or fix the washer as they should have..

Lowes Pros: Knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Lowes Cons: Does not honor costly extended warranty plans.

Comments