299 views
Verified Reviewer

2.6

I've had a terrible time with Lowe's warranty. Purchased a Kobalt 80v leaf blower a year ago.

The battery specifically says 5 year warranty. 9 months later the battery will not charge more than ½ so I went in for a replacement (With the original warranty). They said they would not replace it because I hadn't bought their extended warranty, and I had to deal with Kobalt directly. Contacted Kobalt and they told me to bring it to Lowes for a replacement.

Lowe's flat out refused. So what am I to do. After raising all kinds of holy *** and complaining to the Manager, they finally agreed to give me a complete refund On a STORE Credit, so I could buy a new battery.

This extended warranty program is a total customer rip off. The item plainly states it's 5 year warranty, yet Lowes will not honor it, and Kobalt says to return it to the store.

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money on extended warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments