3200 S Main St, Lindale, TX 75771, USA
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Apr 22, 2018

I'm done with Lowes. One of the worst companies in the USA. They do not honor warranty.

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2018

Bought extended warranty on riding mower. When the mower broke, they wouldn't honor warranty.

Been a customer since 1986, the worst customer service in the business. Will never go to a Lowes store again. Talked to Eric Harmon in customer service. What a waste of my time.

He made sure my mower did not get fixed.

I asked for second opinion, he refused. Asked to take it back to store to show manager, he again refused.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Lowes Cons: Customer service.

Comments

You fail to say what went wrong with the mower and why they say it isn't covered. These service plans don't cover consumer abuse or neglect. For example, if you ran it without oil it wouldn't be covered.

TheseTarantula
to Anonymous #1467412

The mower won't idle.They said carb was dirty and air filter installed backwards. I totally disagree.

I couldn't find any dirt and the air filter can only be installed one way because of the shape of the filter along with the filter shape made into the cover. I tried to install backward and you can't. It was a mechanical issue that I fixed with a zip tie. Idles fine now.

The other issue is the mower wouldn't engage. 3 months mowing grass, really. Turned out to be faulty pulley.

Again fixed myself. Disappointed in Lowes to say the least.

to TheseTarantula #1468077

That's what small claims court is for.

TheseTarantula
to Anonymous #1468093

Did something better. Mailed corporate my 32 year credit card back and told them what they could with it.

Just spent $1300 on materials and built 170 sq. ft. covered porch. Not one penny spent at Lowes.

Went to Ace Hardware where they asked me if I needed any help when I walked in. In 32 yrs., that NEVER happened at Lowes. I will gladly spend a few dollars more for that kind of service. Lowes has no concept of service from the floor employees, customer service reps (big joke), to corporate heads.

Will be building a very large porch on the back of my house next. My money is going to Ace Hardware.