Resolved

Update by user Nov 24, 2015

After 2 weeks Lowe's did give me the money to have my water heater replaced. They did make right what their warranty company did not.

Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2015

In February of 2008 I purchased a Whirlpool water heater from Lowe's and Purchased a 12 year Extended protection plan with it. The water heater malfunction on 9/9/15 severely enough it tripped the main breaker in my house shutting off all the power. when I purchased the plan from Lowe's I was told all I had to do was call the number and someone would be out in a couple off days, when I called I was told I was in a rural area and they would have to located a provider and call me back in 48 hours to schedule an appointment. I Got a call a few hours later and was told that there were no providers in my area and they would figure out a resolution. I live 2 MILES from the store where I bought it! I got an email the next day saying they could not repair it so they were sending me a gift card for the original purchase price that I would receive in 10 to 15 business days! The contract states that if it could not be repaired it would be replaced with a new on including installation charges, and new one that is the same is now 499 not the 444 that I paid, plus there would be delivery and installation on top of it! I talked to the assistant store manager Scott Williams and got no where. I feel very ripped off, and feel Lowe's is very dishonest selling contracts that can not be honored. I told the lady from the service contract company that called and told me there was no one in the area that repaired hot water heaters that there where alot of them and gave her names and was told they did not have a contract with then and if I used one of them I would not be reimbursed. So now I am looking at 2 to 3 weeks to receive a gift card that will only cove about half of what it will cost to replace and 2 to 3 weeks of no hot water. The impression I got when talking to the store that it was no big deal to have no hot water for several weeks!

I feel that I should be credited the full amount that it would cost to have it replaced, not just a partial. The contract that I was sold stated that, I also feel that these contracts should not be sold since they can not be honored and Lowe's should be more truthful when they are sold and not tell people that someone will be out in a couple days.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: At this point I would like a gift card for full price of a new water heater delivered, installed and the old one taken away, as my contract says I would get!.

Lowes Cons: Customer service received, Misinformation from employees, Getting the run around from the customer service office.

Comments

Thanks for this feedback. I've purchased a fridge from Lowes and have similar issues. The extended warranty is a fraud I believe, due to Lowes doesn't stand behind their products.

Liars liars. Should have been given new one for same price