We spent over a thousand dollars for carpeting to be installed in our new home. When we were ordering the carpets, the sales person, Nathan, made us wait over an hour while he "finished his other work".

Then his wife shows up and he was rushing us so he could leave. When Lowes showed up to measure the rooms, they told us that we measured incorrectly and they needed to add 120 sq ft. We knew that the measurments we provided were correct because our friends, carpenters for over 20 years, did the measuring for us. Lowes sent another person to measure and this time the Lowes manager came, well, low and behold, our measurments were correct.

Now, we finally have the carpets delivered and they are the wrong color!!! However, the color code number on the contract is what they delivered. When we went to the store to make a complaint, we were told that WE should have double checked Nathan's notes before we did anything. I'm sorry, but if you hired competent people to work in your store, then the CUSTOMER should not have to double check anything.

We were basically told, oh well, too bad, your fault. I am soooo angry.

Now my children have to have this ugly gray carpet in their bedrooms. This was the Lowes on Lake Underhill Road in Waterford Lakes, Orlando, FL.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 22, 2012.

Comments

I purchased a washer and dryer in Jan 2016. The washer quit working.

They deal with outside service providers who have changed by scheduled appointment twice. It's Christmas and I will be without a washer until the new year (over 2 weeks) IF they keep the 2nd confirmed appointment. I have a service warranty until 2021--will it take than long to get service?

Customer service is njce but cannot seem to help me. Unhappy that I decided to buy appliances from Lowe's.

After placing my posting on this site, a manager from Lowes contacted me and asked me to come into the store to discuss this matter. He was very apologetic for my extreme unhappiness with how things turned out.

He even offered to take out the carpets that I did not want and install the correct ones. I would have jumped on that chance, however, I had already moved in and these carpets were for my sons' bedrooms and it was just the wrong time for me. One of my sons had been in the hospital and a few days later, my husband was in the hospital, I was moving out of one house and into another and just could not have been able to disassemble everything that I had just put together. So, the manager refunded me half of the cost for both of the carpets.

It was a very kind gesture and honestly, this is what should have been done to begin with. But, I am very happy now.

Hmm, thank you for that advice, I will go to Lowes tonight and see if this carpet has a 90 Day Satisfaction.

In response to the Lowes employee, Genesis-King. First of all, I agree with you that sometimes people make mistakes.

However, in the land of retail, you accommodate your customers and ensure that they are happy, especially if it is your employee who made the mistake! Secondly, I consistently have work given to me as I am getting ready to walk out the door. What do I do? I get it done becuase that is what is expected of me.

Thirdly, I do not care if a sales person is going to be "written up" for having overtime, that is not my problem! I am a paying customer. If that was his concern, then he should have called a manager to either take over or approve the overtime.

Lastly, I had made a complaint on the Lowes website prior to the carpet situation because of other problems and I was sent an email asking me for my contact information so a Senior Manager could contact me. I was "assured" that I would be contacted within 24 hours, that never happened.

Even if the store manager says he wont do anything, all you need to do is contact Lowe's Customer Care center (1-800-44LOWES). These complaints are then seen by District Management, and will result in at least some action by the store in question.

That being said, I work for Lowe's.

Sometimes people make mistakes. Sometimes, the store is understaffed, or had someone call in sick.

Addressing 'Nathan' rushing to leave, I know at my store, you can get written up for getting overtime. And if that wasn't the case, I hope every time you have extra work get piled on your desk right before you leave, you stay until it gets done, because that's what you're expecting out of a complete stranger.

If I Were You I Would Go Into The Store, Look At The Board/Display And See If It Has A 90 Day Satisfaction And If It Does... Tell Them Your Not Satisfied And They Will Have To Replace The Carpet...

With What Ever You Choose.. 90% Of Them Have 90 Day Satisfaction For Which The Vendor Will Give The Store Full Credit Except Installation Costs...