3.4

Lowe's lures consumers into buying major appliances and does the bait and switch on delivery dates. This has happened to me twice now, and I've detected a dangerous pattern.

After paying and waiting a week or two until my delivery date, Lowe's calls and says there's been a delay in shipment. In fact, they called me this time to tell me the appliance I ordered was out of stock across the entire US. This was interesting, because that's not what they said when I paid or the day after I paid, when they called to confirm my order and delivery date. The delivery date slid by 3 - 4 weeks, before I cancelled the order and found the same model at Home Depot, with a delivery date in 3 days.

This is false advertising because each time I selected Lowe's, I did it on price, brands and availability.

It's part of the overall selection process. I'll be using Home Depot from here on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Stop lying about delivery dates. You lost me as a customer, but there's still hope for others..

Comments

rollo2016

Perhaps it's just that particular Lowe's location. I have never had a problem and in fact buy all our appliances at Lowe's.