Verified Reviewer

I recently purchased laminate flooring with installation from Lowes in Bessemer, Al and the contractor that was given the installation job by Lowes gave me a copy of a invoice after the work was completed that was much less than what I was charged. Lowes charged me $2000.00 more than what they paid the installer.

That is a profit of more than 100% for just calling an installer to come out and install my floors. this does not include the profit they made from the laminate and other items that I had to purchase for this job. When I tried to talk with several people at the store they were rude, unconcerned, could offer no reasonable explanation other than telling me that Lowes had to make money also and told me that I could call cooperate. Soooo, I began calling cooperate on March 17th, 23rd and 25th and after each call I was told that a district supervisor would call me back within 24 hours which no one has.

Today I was even told that someone had called me twice which is not true. Now I see why the local store was so unhelpful and quickly told me to call cooperate.

User's recommendation: Shop somewhere else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Flooring Installation.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 1201 19th Street North, Bessemer, AL 35020

Comments

#1996921

Lowes had the displays of the flooring, salespeople in the store to answer your questions, they scheduled estimating and installation as well as paying transaction fees related to your purchase. Of course they are going to charge you more than they paid the installer.

They are in business to make a profit.

You had the choice of going directly to an installer that also sold carpet and saved some money or going to a store like Lowes that handles some of the busy work. Next time if you want to save some money do some of the legwork yourself and deal directly with an installer.

Lowes Reviews