1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

BUYER BEWARE - do NOT buy a fence with installation from Lowe's. The process started out good enough, sales guy was awesome, Tracy Showalter was great, but that is where the good ends and the nightmare begins.

I signed the contract and Lowe's charged my credit card the full amount, something I was told would not happen until I was contacted to set up installation. Three weeks later I still had not heard fro them. I tried calling the store many times and was always hung up on. When I finally got a manager to listen to me, installation was scheduled, but I would have to wait another 3 weeks for that.

Lowe's was supposed to deliver all fencing product day before, they tried to deliver it 4 days early (had to decline as it would not be safe for that long). When they did deliver it, I was told putting it in the back yard would not be an issue but when they showed up, the gentleman told me he could not do that, it was a curbside delivery only and he dropped it in my front yard! Installation is handled by a subcontractor. They showed up, could not speak English so I had no means to communicate with them, they destroyed my lawn completely.

All the grass was tore up and their was dirt EVERYWHERE; I called their manager who then told me "We do it in one day, what do you want form us, this is our process". Additionally, one of the better selling points of this fence was that each post is set with a 60 pound bag of concrete. Well, this is not exactly true. The dry unmixed concrete dust is poured in the hole where it is up to "the moisture in the ground" to turn it into actual concrete.

The fence posts wobble and are anything but secure.

I can't let my dogs in the yard for fear they will knock the whole fence over. This has been hands down the WORST experience in my life

Review about: Lowes Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Inability to talk to anyone, How my order was handled, Customer service.

Comments

#1391921

Unfortunately, my husband and I had almost the same exact experience as you described. The process started out great and it went completely down hill from there.

It is truly uncanny how the experiences are SO similar down to the material delivery! A truly horrible experience!!

you shopped at Lowe's because they are cheaper than any locally owned fence company. so don't complain because you got the "cheap" that you wanted!