1.4K views

I had worked for Lowe's for seven years started:

2 months as CSA (03)

1 1/2 yrs as team lead (04)

3 yrs as dept. mgr. (04-07)

2 1/2 yrs as zone mgr. (07-10)

As a zone manager (senior management) you are incharge of handling anywhere from 15-50 employees daily and customers. (1) Of the problems is at my location you are empowered to take care of customer, that is not always the case customer comes in wants food processor (discontinued/non stock) reg. $149 now $99 had checked with Hanford store in CA. they didn't have so customer. came to our location Clovis, CA. we had display and one in box customer asked to by display told him sure absolutely. great I took care of them so it seems, nope they come back about five minutes later and returned it. I had seen product and questioned employee in returns they said customer was unhappy he wanted to buy the one in the box, which I would have sold him if he would have asked but he said quote (can I buy your display, at no point did he ever mention the box unit. So he then leaves and calls our 1-8oo-44-lowes customer care center and tells them I was rude and unfriendly if you get any of those complaints they will find any reason big or small to railroad you out. All a customer has to do is say you were rude and unfriendly you have no recourse to defend your customer is always right.

(2) A Customer comes in to buy a ladder for a 30ft ceiling. A sales specialist (expert knowledge) sells her a 17ft ladder. As I walked by the register I hear her say that this ladder is on sale from $150 to $125 ok no problem then she starts telling me about her project (remember 30ft ceiling) I told her she needs a larger ladder min 22ft she tells me the person that helped her said a 17ft would work, I tried to explain it to her but she felt that I was talking down to her because she was a woman. She immediately left the store and called 1-800-44-lowes and said I was rude and unfriendly.

(3) A commercial customer comes in and asks since he was purchasing a several special order windows if we would give him 10% off we do this as a courtesy to commercial customers not always it just depends what/how much you buy, no problem he was told he ten goes to millworks dept that's where windows and doors are sold. A sales specialist helps him at the end of order process he whips out an ad for 20% off. Our system at Lowe's does not allow you to double dip use two discounts at same time so after lowering prices of windows at millworks desk to try to accommodate. He goes to register and tries to get his 10% it won't work so after about two hours I finally get it done by lowering all prices. He pays then leaves. Sales specialist tries to order product but screws up order by not order correctly (two tines). So windows come in wrong customer is pissed of at me because specialist ordered wrong. I later found out that Customer and specialist know each other and set me up about the double dipping. Oh yes specialist has cost Lowe's thousands of dollars because of his mistakes. He is still employed and IM not.

While I was employed as a ZONE MGR with Lowe's I had the highest rate of customer compliments, and about 90% of the employees liked me (as senior management) because they could count on me to be there when they needed help they could call me for anything and I would actually answer my phone work phone.

So what the STORE MANAGER did got statements from 7 employees saying that i was rude and hard to work with.

The surprising thing is that of the seven:

2 employees have had problems with every person in management.

1 of the 2 has been moved to 4 different positions in the store so he can be watched better(babysat).

the other 4 all directly work with each other and collaborated on their stories to make me out to be the bad.

There are approx.15 20 employees that should have been or should still be let go. Don't know why they're still employed. They have documented records that show poor work habits, attendance issues far exceeding the policies.

There is no consistency to discipline. Not the same for all.

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Comments

this is so true, it is currently happening now . don't question any store manager or above or you will be retaliated on.

I have called regional HR and he just takes up for the store manager. I am keeping a journal of each day that I work and what happens because I have a feeling I am being pushed out.

As a former store employee of 2+ years, I am a junior compared to others posted years. However, it has been quite an eventful 2 years, to say the least.

We all helped put the store together, had our grand opening.. and from there, only a fraction of us stayed. What started out as a great place to work quickly turned into a nightmare. I hated going to work.

Drama, backstabbing, dishonest and spiteful coworkers. As I mentioned, during 2 years I saw a lot. This includes one of my supervisors being very rude and downtalking other employees. It was impossible to keep the doors closed for all the new hires walking out.

I can't say that I blamed them. Everyone saw this going on, and no one did anything about it. Another issue swept under the rug. That was until one final day I saw this same supervisor cuss out a customer.

Enough is enough. I reported this person. In turn, I was told it was my fault for reporting them and also that I needed to keep my mouth shut. Open door policy?

Far from it. I brushed it off and kept it in the back of my mind for later. Since then, my schedule began to change from either an entire weekend spent at this glorious place to no hours at all. This spiteful employee even went as far as to have me written up for being late.

(A record of 2 minutes, 3 minutes late with an occasional 7-10 minutes late due to being sick but still coming in) Well, if that is how low you'd like to stoop.. be my guest. The final push. I was called into store managers office and told they could no longer work with my hours.

After seeing people come in over an hour late with nothing said to them, managers cussing out customers, employees badmouthing customers, and leaving the very last few good, honest employees that store had hung out to dry.. enough was enough. I quit. I am above that.

If such a huge corporation wants to build their reputation on spiteful, rude, unachievers who don't care about the customer.. well, good luck with that.

I think you're right, for those of you who posted previous comments:

The ones who care and honestly try get booted out of the door. Those who are lazy and just want a paycheck get to stay.

Well here is an updated comment. I had to go to appeals board three times over 10 month period because they (Lowe's) could afford to fight it and I couldn't.

I still shop there and help the customers that recognize me when I am there. So what kind of person does that after they have been fired. I believe they were wrong on how they did it with the railroaded stories. There are only two people left of the seven because they were fired for various issues.

It makes me upset when I see how they have hired employee that have no clue on what there doing and don't care about this company. I Have tried several times to get back in but yet nothing.

I have personally contributed to over a million dollars in sales each year. So I just don't get it.

to Papagoatz63 #606773

I was also fired after over 5 years of working at Blowes. I received many customer service awards from corporate but when you get to the point you are one of the longer term and better

payed employees they will find a way to terminate you.

The efforts to cut costs is the deceiding factor. They would rather have lower cost employee than someone with experience.

Hey, Man I was setup and fired but rehired. I should have sued them but that's not my style.

A full investigation was done nothing was found that led to me being fired. There were system problem with refund/re bill.

Why don't you contact me i would enjoy discussing this. papagoatz@gmail.com.

No heart

I am calling you out

you can also contact the store #1541 Clovis, Ca and ask the real employees and customers that i still help and shop even after 1-1/2 yrs. why should they suffer for being misguided or wronged.

Well first of all there is no such thing as a 10% off commercial discount. Second of all you should have followed procedure and ran his order through QSP if it qualified. Third of all you should quit trying to think so much of yourself saying your the most liked manager in the store cause truthfully if you did your job right and treated people with respect they wouldnt just fire you right out of the blue unless they had a WE Team replacing you XD

This company is truley evil,i was just fired last weekend but not until after i came in cleaned the floors their bathrooms as i had been the part time fsa slash cashier in store 2551 in epping nh for the last yr and a half,the cashiering LLCS never really dropped to me yet after putting this store on the map twice for the area as no 2 in the district for selling 400 dollors for the MDA first in the spring of last yr and agin in oct,each time i was rewarded with a writeup resulting in two,so basicly they used to and so called complaints that I NEVER saw any evidence of did me in last sat jan 8th.I rue the day I ever got involved with this company,I HAVE NEVER been fired before in my life and I have been in the work force 30 yrs.people avoid this company at all cost if you can,they lie big time.

I have seen the same thing happen. If you are a good worker but not their favorite you are gone.

They keep the workers that are lazy. We have a manager that is late every day and take two hour lunches and nothing is done but other people are late just a few minutes and are written up.

You are full of it man! #1 you don't give a commercial 10% off you QSP!

You should be fired for that alone! Lowe's won't force good employees out the door!

You are just worthless! How did you ever get to Zone?

#197538

I wish niblock,wagner,stone could read these maybe they could help. sorry i was dreaming for honesty and the true ethics of how to treat people what was i thinking.

#196038

Wow ... sounds so so true.

As a former LOWES employee ..

of 13 years i know what you are talking about.I wished i lived and worked at a location in the south or probably a small town would of lasted 20yrs. I'am now waiting on my 30 days to snatch my retirement from WELLS FARGO!!!