State: Florida Clear all filters (15 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
Lowes - Fraud sales

Update by user Oct 25

Now advertising the exact unit at $900.00

Original review posted by user Sep 25

I tried ordering a pressure washer off the internet from their website. I did not get anywhere with a local search so I called the customer service # 800-445-6937. I talked to Stephen and was told Panama City, Fl had one and he...
Review
Cons
  • Store manager and customer service
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
2.4
Lowes - Missrepresented price of a store product - Rude and Disrespectful approach of store management
I reciently encountered a sistuation I never had before! My history includes over 30 years in sales and reciently served as a CAT Petroleum Engine National Major Account Rep. A couple of tid-bits of our philosophy was to serve our customers with high qualty and...
#1720273

The thing about President Trump is that you don't have to be a racist do decipher Dog Whistle politics. "The Donald" is so blatantly racist that any fool can see what he is and what he is trying to say. I am sure that he will win by a landslide in the next election, the Religious Right is a very powerful voting force.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Missrepresentation of an advertised product
Poor customer service

Lowes installed 20 leaking hurricane windows - 4 months ago now..

Lowes installed 20 now leaking hurricane windows almost 4 months ago. Installers admit that they sealed windows to the vinyl siding instead of the underlying waterproofing layer but LOWES still researching 'causation' while my house gets damaged with every rain. https://youtu.be/kBGkQlZUELE Below shows my house with plastic flapping in the wind. Lowes trying to cover windows but plastic blows off right away and leaks continue from all 20 hurricane windows. Plastic also blows against other windows keeping us awake all night. https://youtu.be/Zbio_jPcOdE Biggest mistake I ever made ordering windows at #lowes
Review
#1502037 Review #1502037 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Window Installation
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
windows installed correctly and water damage repaired in 3 walls that have been wet for 4 months now.

Lowes in Jacksonville, Florida - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel

Lowes - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel
I wrote a review on the primary Lowes website, but it was never posted. The project ran two weeks over schedule. After the demolition, it was 17 days before the next workman came out. Workmen show up one day unannounced. On another day, they were expected and never showed up or called. Their boss had sent them to another job. Lowes promised to send someone out to hang a toilet paper holder they forgot to order and never did. The toilet was installed with the shutoff valve so close, it's no longer usable. Overall the quality of the work was good.
Lowes Installation
Preferred solution
Bring the shutoff valve up to code.
Featured

Lowes in Naples, Florida - Baker Roofing Inc.

Lowes - Baker Roofing Inc.
Wilson Ellis out of Estero, Fl Baker Roofing Inc. Worst roofing job in my neighborhood. After the hurricane, we couldn’t get a local roofing company. Went through Lowe’s figuring they would vet the roofing company. 3 months later and we have a roof that was installed by amateurs at best. No way were these guys trained roofers. The roof leaked into five rooms causing more damage. Lowe’s won’t even return our phone calls. Baker roofing company’s warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on! Buyer be aware. Now we have to pay a real roofing company to come in and install another roof. Lowe’s and Wilson Ellis are not recommended. Stay far away.
Lowes Roofing
Lowes - Fence installed on wrong property
Lowes - Fence installed on wrong property
We had a vinyl fence installed around our community and the Lowe’s installers, installed it on the wrong property. And they now want us to pay over two thousand dollars to move it. Plus they were seen by a witness, of moving the survey stakes, that landed the fence on...

I’m assuming the community has Home Owners Association set up. If so, hire a lawyer to represent the HOA and let them deal with it.

Save yourself the headache. They will blame the Surveyor, the surveyor will blame them A good Attorney will sort it out and know who to go after.

Typically Lowe’s will use any means to put you off. But they seem to move relatively quickly when a lawyer gets involved.

View more comments
Lowes Fence Installation
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Titusville, Florida - Laminate flooring installed without moisture barrier TWICE

1.4
Lowes - Laminate flooring installed without moisture barrier TWICE
Lowes - Laminate flooring installed without moisture barrier TWICE

Update by user Jul 13, 2018

46 days, still in motel, still unable to return to my home and have access to any of my personal items. No refunds for any receipts I have turned in.

My credit card is max out. I am having to choose between eating or putting gas in my car so I can travel back and forth to check my mail, meet appraiser, going to the food bank, Dr. appointments... I feel I am being held hostage by Lowes/ Keller interriors(installers).

Several emails to Lowes insurance claims officer Suzett Grist asking for detailed plan, process, time frame for refund, any information has gone unanswered. Calls and emails to local Lowes manager Sharon Clark is answered with the phares " I have past it on". The stress is wearing on my health. I am in the process of seeking the help of a third party.

Year and a half to solve what started out to be a "fixable problem", only to be made worse every step because Lowes and Keller interiors would not step up and take responsibility.

My advise to anyone who has had flooring installed by Lowes who contracts out to Keller interiors, check what is under your flooring. Just because you paid for professional installation and moisture barrier is no guarantee that is what you will get.

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2018

First installation of laminate floor discovered moisture barrier still in garage after job completed. Took 3 weeks before Lowes came to the house to verify. Only " solution" (because contract I signed) to give them the opportunity to fix the problem. The fix was to tear up the floor, lay moisture barrier, then lay same flooring again. Not what I wanted but I did sign a contract. Within 6 months floor is "peaking". 6 more months of testing moisture levels 3 different times, Lowes insisting I must have a leak in my home. All home inspection none. I had time to read small print and all the manufacturer's warrinty. Warrinty is only good for FIRST installation only. Got $ back for installation and will get refund for flooring when I return the floor. Had the floor taken up. LESS then 100 sq ft of my 1200sq ft floor to be covered was covered with moisture barrier. Strips of barrier were cut 5in by 10 in place in doorways at transitional trim to make it appear the barrier had been laid through out. My Home is now condemned, do to mold. All my furniture, mattress, rugs, all pours surfaces will need to be disposed of. My house will have to be to totally emptied and inventoried,cleaned from top to bottom. There is also cross contamination in the garage, and my car. This is my third week in a motel waiting for Lowes insurance just to approve the clean up. After that if everything goes right will take at least 9 days. I have sent Lowes the bills from motel and food but have not received a refund yet. I have MS and liver disease,this has been really hard on me physically. I don't dare say it can't get worse!
IntentPolarBear700

The floor installer for Lowes is Keller interiors out of Orlando Fl. BEWARE!!!

You did not create a house-condemning mold problem in barely a year. A fluctuating moisture reading indicates other problems as well.

Certainly an ill fitting floor doesn't help but there's no way that the presence or lack of the thin plastic "barrier" caused a system wide failure. I'm sorry about your health issues but it sounds like the real problem has been brewing for some time.

@Anonymous

According to the moisture reading taken by keller interior and Lowes before the First installation, it was 2. well below acceptable reading in Florida.

There was a second reading before the 2nd reintallation.The floor was without moisture barrier on bare cement for total of 18 plus months. If at any time the problem had been addressed and taken care of correctly/professionally from the very beginning instead of purposely damaging the flooring when reinstalling and being deceptive in laying the moisture barrier the second time, not to mention stealing the other1200 sq ft of the barrier that was obviously not used in my house, it would have never been an issue. I also have been assured by the the mold cleaning professional that Lowes uses, and two other professional installers, that the lack of the barrier is the source of the problem allowing the moisture to be in direct contact with the flooring resulting in the black mold.

Why did you think it was an " ill fitted floor"? Have you had issues with Keller installation too?

@PolarBear700

You stated that the floor "is peaking" which indicates improper or damaged goods , not properly fitting the original tongue and groove cut. I have lived in Florida myself and found that the laws of physics are stretched to the limit there because of humidity (which we in the north very rarely see as an issue).

If each piece wasn't placed in the previous location, they won't fit right. It only takes an inch per foot before a 12 ft room is one foot off ; and can't be repaired. I wish I was your friend or neighbor ; I'd take your case for free just because I'm a bored old attorney who has sympathy for your post.

I hope you can get this straightened out , and I'm really sorry about the MS because I have seen how dreadful that can be. You don't need any more problems !

@Anonymous

Anonymous, You obviously have NO clue about mold.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Flooring Installation

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Horrendous Customer Experience

1.7
Lowes - Horrendous Customer Experience
I went into the store and purchased a washer and dryer (didn't finance, but 100% purchased). They said the earliest they could deliver it would be a week and a half later. A week after the purchase I received a call saying they no longer had that set available for me. I HAVE NO WASHER AND DRYER AND A TON OF DIRTY LAUNDRY! Then, they tried to sell me a very inferior washer and dryer for the SAME AMOUNT so they could get it to my house sooner. I immediately went somewhere else and got the first model I had originally purchased from a competitor retailer. Lowe's didn't own up to the mistake and didn't go out of their way to make a decent resolution for me. Horrific customer service. Mistakes happen, but it's how they're dealt with that shows people the professionalism of a business and its employees. Looks like it's Home Depot for me here on out.
h.kitchener
#1471908

Not sure why you are so distressed. Lowe's found out they could not supply you with the model you wanted and called when they found out.

They offered you a different set which you refused so the sale was cancelled.

It's nice you got the same model from another retailer, so what is the problem here? Sounds like you just want to complain about something.

The reason you had to wait a week and a half is they had to order it from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer had no more available, what did you expect them to do? Either you choose another model from them or do as you did and found someone that still had the models you wanted on hand.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

appliances at lowes.

appliances at lowes.
Recent I have a dryer from lowes for remodeling reason don't install the unit for couple of weeks, only worked for a week after installation, returned to store and they claim that their policy's is to send a manufacturer tech to repaired , awesome now I'm stock with this dryer that doesn't work less then two month of purchased 600 hundred dollars throughout the window really bad costumer service at this store Jose from costumer services a real pain the guy doesn't explains anything clear basically take the dryer walk way your problem now no money back no exchange , go to sears great costumer service and great warranty.Here is the proof of purchase so they at Lowes can save some words... Also

Why you so *** and can't read receipt

Did you even bother looking at the warranty that came with the dryer? It clearly states that they will REPAIR the dryer.

It doesn't say they will REPLACE it. Why are you complaining when they are offering to do exactly what the warranty calls for?

View more comments (1)
Product
General Electric Dryer
Full refund
Tags
  • Poor Attitude

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2.1
Compare

2.3
Lowes Cashier Review from Tampa, Florida
I made a purchase at Lowes on Commerce Palms Drive, Tampa, Florida 5/20/16. I purchased a stacking rocking chair from the back of the gardening section. It was dirty but was the cleanest of the others. I brought it to the cashier, and she said its a lovely chair but its filthy. I told her all of the chairs back there was in that condition. She gave my daughter windex and a paper towel and told her to get started cleaning while I was getting the money for her. I gave her $43 and joined in helping my daughter clean the chair. The cashier said I will put the change here on your phone for you ($0.22), I took my receipt and change from her and put it into my purse. I pulled the cart to the front of the cashier to not block the other customers behind me. After about 5 minutes i was finished cleaning the chair and gave the cashier back her garbage can, windex, and paper towel. I said thank you and proceeded to walk out of the door with my purchase when the same cashier abandons her customers and asks me did you pay for that? I dont think you paid for it. I said yes I did. She asked for my receipt, after looking at my receipt she says no this is not it, embarassing me in front of the other customers. Meanwhile I've got all of her customers eyeballing me as if I stole a big chair from the store. Then she says oh yes it is, ok you did pay for it. Then tells the other customers its a lovely chair but it was so filthy while I walked away. I was so upset I regret I didn't return it and buy the chair at walmart instead. I should have been offered a discount for the dirty chair I paid full price for, or at least the cashier could have gotten someone to come and clean it for us. Instead, I cleaned it myself with my daughter and was still racially profiled and accused of not paying for it by the cashier who I just paid.
Lowes Cashier