State: Florida City: Jacksonville Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (1 of 481 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Another Customer Lowes can care less about.

I also bought a water softer, it lasted about a year. I bought a 4 year warranty with it. When it went bad, they offer only the money of the product I bought. When I bought it, they said it was a service contract, but they do not offer service in my area. Now that it is broke, they only want to replace the product with a gift card to their store and I will have to pay for the delivery fee and the service contact all over again. Hmm. Something that should not cost me a thing to replace is now costing me $$$$$. That is the biggest scam to consumers I have ever seen. What a markup to charge a customer for a product they had a service contract on. Buyer beware of the warranties. I don't know now what to do, because I still need a water softer, but don't have the money to pay for delivery and purchase the new agreement. I don't believe I should have too. What do you think customers?

no product defect warranty, which is what you have, covers shipping and installation. Just for the replacement of the product itself.

That is the way the law is written. Why would they go above and beyond what the law stipulates, especially when they have people crawling over themselves to shop there?

I'd take time to read over your contract. Most of them cap the cost of repairs they will do at the purchase price of the item.

As they can't repair it, they are giving you the full purchase price of the water softener. Sounds reasonable to me. Not much different than car insurance. If it costs more to repair than to replace, they give you the value of the car.

You still have to get new license plates and a new insurance policy. I'd be happy they are giving me my money back.

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • See my comments
Reason of review