State: Florida City: Ocala Clear all filters (9 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Lowe's stinks.

I have never had good luck with Lowes. They promised deliveries and never show. I see personal all over your stores but no one helps. I talk to 7 sales representative and they just point or tell me an aisle number. Even in the aisle they do not assist. Assitant manager states sales representatives are not trained. I have had enough of Lowes. When I return from Korea and outfit my house it will not be with Lowes. I will also let all my military friends know how you treat a 80 year old military widow. Look forward to Lowes bankruptcy.

Oh, dang you pulled the widow and military card in one complaint. Oh and old.

When you shop fo groceries do you expect the person putting out apples to run back to the meat counter and wrap up a steak for you? Most people would be bright enough to realize that the person putting out apples works in the produce department and not the meat counter.

Why would you expect the person working in the electrical department that knows about wire and switches to be knowledgeable about doos and windows?

Yes, there may be a number of people working in a big box store, but the specialize in the department they work in so don't expect them to be able to answer your questions about s department outside their own. Would you rather that give you some kind os BS answer rather than telling you the truth and say they can't help you?

@Anonymous

Boy you sure do give snotty replies!!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Unbelievable

SAt morning lots of shopprs, 1 lane open and all self lanes shut off. took forever to get out of there over 20 people waiting to check out.this is a busy day and when it takes twice as long to check out then shopping something is very wrong. tried to get manager to complain but h was nowhere in sight. poor cashier was taking heat when it wasnt his fault. these stores are always short on help. why would self service be shut off, i only had 1 item to check out. these stores have almost a moopoly in some areas but treat their customers as fools or worse
h.kitchener

I hope you dumped whatever you had and walked out. Then, wander over to either Menard's or Home Depot or anywhere else.

Not having enough check-out lanes open is common at some stores now, eg., Meijer, Walmart.

Best to avoid them. They apparently don't need or want our business.

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Customer pick up not right

Pick up of store items ordered previously is a disaster in your Ocala Florida store . Very bad customer service
Lowes Pick Up Service

Lowes - Manager Review from Ocala, Florida

Don't even buy light bulbs from them! My husband and I started a whole house remodel at Lowes. After having to constantly seek out help in each department and being extremely rudely spoken to in the aisles , when we stopped two male employees gabbing to ask for assistance in calculating how much flooring materials we will need to purchase (carpeting, laminate and tiles, ( one lost his attitude when he realized we were talking about an ENTIRE house), but then off we go to pick out a new front door and was told the woman in that department was "all alone and too busy" to have a door sent to the front for us, mind you there were NO customers in sight in either department, I finally went to seek out a manager. He apologized profusely and walked around assisting us in purchasing some other items ( bathroom vanities , lighting , fans, ) and we set up an appointment for a window consultation. We were going to have them do our kitchen as well, until we were waiting for our original items to be delivered and when the two weeks turned into three and they delivered us a damaged master bathroom vanity that was the last straw ! All of the items have been returned and we will NEVER shop Lowe's again! It really is a shame that it took them for them to provide any sort of customer service the realization that we were spending $30,000.00 on a remodel before they thought we were worthy of their time. What about if we just wanted to by new plants for our garden ??? Ridiculous !!!

I din't work a Lowes but do work in the industry. I hope your attitude in the store wasn't the "I'm spending a lot of money, so you had better drop what you are doing and help me" attitude.

You have to realize you aren't the only person in the store. Let me give you an example. As a department manager I had a salesperson who was working with a customer ask my new assistant if a product was available. He wasn't sure and they came to me to ask the question.

As I was telling them how to get this product a customer walked by and assumed we were all shooting the breeze and complained to the store manager that we weren't helping them. It may have looked like we were standing around talking but in the 5 minutes it took to explain how to order the item both my assistant and salesperson learned how to order this product and made a $7500.00 sale. Your expectation of the only sales person in a department to push a cart (that you are just as able to push) to the front of the store leaving the department without anyone to assist others is just as rude to other customers. Not only that, you have a cart sitting in the way at the front of the store while you shop.

You may not have seen any other customers but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I will often be working with a customer and have to go to the sales desk and look up product in a catalog or on the computer for a customer while they continue to look at a product.

It looks like I am alone at the desk but I am actually doing research for a customer aisles away. Try a job in retail for awhile and you may not be so quick to judge.

@Anonymous

WOW ....where to start??? I have a HORRIBLE experience at LOWE'S and you want to blame me ???

(LoL)

I didn't even mention that when we picked out a certain tile after the rude guy who was busy talking to the other employee about his fishing trip the previous day finally decided he would help us when I so very politely asked " excuse me gentleman., would one of you give us a hand when you have a moment please?" ( I didn't just come out of the woods yesterday and I can conduct myself in public socially) But when he finally broke off his "tall tale" and came to help us, he calculated how much flooring we needed and then when my husband was loading the super heavy tile boxes by himself (and there was NO offer to help load them) found out that there wasn't enough tile to do the job on their shelves I went to seek out the fisherman/Lowe's employee who was sweeping an aisle and again I so VERY politely said "when you are finished sweeping would you please find out if you have more of this tile (and I showed him the sample piece that we wanted to purchase ) in stock , " And he visibly sighed and said "sure, I know we have several palates in the back but I'm gonna have to "find" a forklift to get it down and someone to spot me, it could take a couple of hours," and when I smiled and said "THANKS, that would be great ! ( even though I really didn't need a lesson on their restocking polices and procedures) . I went on to tell him that we have to visit every department they have and we would most certainly be there for a couple of more hours. So he proceeds to ask me, " oh btw, what type of sub flooring are you putting this tile over?" And when I said "it's a stilt home and it's the upper floor which the sub floor is wood," he said "well let me show you ALL the things you will need to put tile over wood, it gets pretty expensive, " I replied "great.

, let's go over to where my husband is at so you can explain it to him, although my husband already knew what else besides the tile we needed to buy , but I was beginning to be floored by this guy's non sales attitude and wanted my husband to figure out what was going on, besides it being painfully apparent the Lowe's employee would much rather be fishing or anything else really, other than assisting a Lowe's customer. So he tells my husband and we say okay, thanks we will "add" those items to our list, will you please grab us 4 more boxes of that tile when you work out the logistics of it all. He started to walk away from us but then turned and said "well I want to make sure you both realize WE (and I assume since him and us were the only ones in the aisle and the only ones in the conversation that he meant LOWE'S. , "do not recommend putting tile over wood." So at that point I am beyond being floored, just downright perplexed.

THAT is not a policy of Lowe's , that is a policy of the fisherman pretending to be a Lowe's employee all the while collecting a Lowe's paycheck. So we say "well then cancel pulling more tile out of the inventory for us, we will have to figure out what other type of flooring we are going to do" and he very quickly replied "okay" and walked away. ( update: we bought floor tile and the necessary items to put it over wood at HOME DEPOT and it turned out GORGEOUS! !!) So back to YOUR comment.

.....I know I am NOT royalty nor was I born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have worked VERY hard for what I have. I HAVE worked in retail, then opened my own business, built up my clientele with EXCELLENT customer service and then sold my interior design business for a very nice profit when I decided to go to nursing school. I also have wanted to design homes since I was a small child, so when the opportunity presented to start "flipping" houses I jumped at it.

But with the miserable experience with Lowe's. , it almost killed that desire, as I was thinking there is NO way I am going to have to struggle with lazy people just to spend money to rehab houses, I DON'T want to do that! Thankfully we found that ALL other stores we visited to finish our first project the employees were beyond helpful and acted as if they were glad we were there. A LITTLE customer service goes a LONG way.

Lastly, we NEVER had the "arrogance " that because we were planning on spending a lot of money there that they should cater to us, remember I was more than willing to wait while he finished talking fish with his buddy and while he swept the floor to get the things I needed, nor did we say, "hey we have a lot of money you better rush over here and help us (smh) and while their manager lacks most every aspect of a good manager he did have enough common sense after seeing our list of items we were purchasing that we were spending a lot of money, so he smiled and tried to make nice only to end up proving Lowe's has ZERO customer service when it came to us.

I hope you don't have the same experience so, I would recommend NOT shopping at Lowe's.

@Anonymous

I have to add a little more because I reread your VERY snide comment...and let me tell you that ALL you made were EXCUSES for lousy customer service. Any and ALL training should be done OFF of the sales floor so there is NO perception that you are standing around gossiping and if it is URGENT ( which considering this IS retail and NOT an EMERGENCY ROOM, urgent is highly unlikely, so take the training behind closed doors., but if you HAVE to do it in front of a waiting customer than for goodness sake, ADDRESS THE WAITING CUSTOMER.

Let ME give YOU an example, while smiling say,"hey folks nice to see you today, I will be with you in just a minute , as soon as I help my associate locate an item." I PROMISE you NO complaint would have been made, that very small acknowledgement would have appeased your OTHER CUSTOMER and they would have been more than fine waiting ! Also we aren't *** we can and DID locate a cart to fill up, but the leaded front door was high on an upper shelf so we had no access to it even if it wasn't too heavy for my husband to lift himself. We needed them to take it down. So instead of listening to another speal of the logistics of how they took heavy items off of a shelf, we ever so politely asked the woman in the door department if when she had time to send up that door to the front so we could purchase it after we finished shopping in the other departments.

She told us she was the "ONLY" person working and she wasn't sure she would have the time ! That is probably the most ABSURD thing anyone could say in sales. Let me give you another example since you are so fond of them.....have you ever shopped at Publix ? They have the BEST customer service in the grocery business.

While I am quite certain the 6'4" 200 lbs 20 something guy in line in front of me can load his groceries into his car by himself...they ALWAYS ask "would you like help taking this out to your car?" THAT is why people are willing to pay slightly higher prices than other grocers, well that and their store cleanliness, which is ALSO related to THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. Something apparently you and Lowe's do not .

@mstevenson918

Your arguing with a hired gun. I would recommend to just buy elsewhere as opposed to putting up with their ***. Sooner or later they will get the message, hopefully when they are in receivership.

@klaatu

Thanks for the advice and yes I will never buy anything from them again. And yeah after seeing "Anonymous" all over the boards attacking the original posters I figured he/she/it is being paid by Lowe's to squelch people from complaining about them, instead of fixing the real issue.

Way to waste money Lowes....just making it even clearer you don't care at all about your customers when you pay this rude *** to publicly bully your customers !!!

Receivership it will be !!!

Smh @ all of you

Did you speak to the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager?

@Meee

Meee, I know my post was long winded but midway through my second "paragraph" I said we sought out a manager. He lied to us about when our items would be delivered and after reflecting on the entire disastrous experience I realized that the management at Lowes HAS to be to blame.

A manager's staff is going to be a direct representation of his or herself. So to be direct, a managers staff is going to be as awesome as the manager or as horrible as apparently he is.

@mstevenson918

I doubt he lied about the delivery date. I expect some of your items were ordered and he quoted the expected delivery time supplied by the vendor of the product.

Unfortunately there are many things that can cause a delay.

Backorders, dock strikes, a truck breaks down, whether delays and the list goes on. If time is critical only buy items in stock and take them with you.

@Anonymous

Well your post makes sense, and ALL of those reasons would be totally acceptable . But considering the fact that Lowe's never called to tell us they weren't coming to deliver our items on the day he stated and i had to call them the next day to say "hey we sat here all day waiting on your delivery truck and it never showed w, what happened?" speaks volumes of their customer service.....ZERO !

Also considering he gave us a delivery date that was two WEEKS out and then the delivery didn't happen...THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A LIE !

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Customer Issue

My name is William Lee, I am an Asst Manager at Lowes in Ocala Fl. I have a customer who has an issue with his laminate floor, which he installed, and is wanting a call from the claims department. I have faxed over his information twice, at the claims departments request. He has still not been contacted and is very upset. His contact number is 352-361-1301 (Mobile) and home number is 352-861- 2362. Please have someone contact him concerning his issue. Customer has been patiently waiting for a lengthy period of time and does not understand why he cant receive a call from customer service...

You're not very bright, are you? You don't post someone's personal info on the internet. I work for Lowe's, and I can tell you that is grounds for termination.

@Anonymous

Well hopefully he has permission to post the customer's phone number, if so he will be okay, if not he is screwed because not only can it be grounds for termination as you say, but the customer whose phone number he posted can also sue him.

I called this poor customer at his house, 8/1/14. I am not affiliated with Lowes.

Anyway, he is aware and dealing with this post.

I'm typing this, so he doesn't get bombarded with calls from other concerned persons. I will now report this as "abuse," with the hopes that it's removed.

@mb

Let's all prank call him. :D

Looks like someone is just trying to get this guy fired. Can he really be this dumb? lol

@nobillyno

Of course this could be someone trying to get fired using William Lee's name as you claim. William is an assistant manager, perhaps one of the employees he disciplined,

You're fired!

William Lee you're not very smart Asst Manager. This is a public forum and is not associted with Lowes in any fashion. Matter of fact I would fire based on the fact how stoopid you are to assume this is a Lowes customer service forum.

View more comments (7)
Loss
$2000

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Defective merchandise

Update by user Apr 15, 2013

After weeks of arguing with both repair center and Lowes they both agreed to make good on their product, Lowes acknowledges that this incident should have never went this far and offered to repair with no questions, this incident could have been avoided by reviewing the repairman's findings which was all bogus, a drill is purchase for the purpose of conducting several projects to include drilling holes, setting screws etc. it is not purchased to sit on a shelf.

It has to have some cosmetic scratches and stains so next time a consumer request to simply just repair the *** chuck just do it and stop this *** unprofessional behavior which makes your company seem irresponsible to your customers, I want to thank Pissed Consumer for their assistance and the readers that supported me. Thank You

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2013

On 11/25/2012 I purchased a Dewalt cordless drill from Lowe's for $100.63 at the time I thought it was a great deal considering it came with two batteries but unfortunately I had made a $100 mistake,shortly after using the drill a few times I noticed the chuck was slipping and eventually would not counter sink any screws at all. On 01/30/2013 I decided to send the item back to Lowe's per their instructions for repair after a couple of weeks of no contact from Lowe's I decided to call and they informed me they would be sending the drill back without repairs due to missing parts and wear, I decided I was going to get upset for no reason at all since it was all lies, the drill has no missing pieces the only thing wrong with it is the chuck in which I just wanted it replaced and as of the missing parts I did not think I needed to send the charger since there is no other issue with the drill but the chuck. I believe this is an outright rip-off with very little you can do about it, I called the Dewalt factory and they informed me the store was responsible for the drill due to it being less than 60 days since purchase, at this time I will further my complaint against Lowe's until someone listens. I have heard that this is not an isolated issue with Lowe's customer service.

What's wrong with weedeater. That's what we call them. or grass trimmer.

I bought a Dewalt cordless drill in the winter of last year. I began having the same problem you did.

I found my receipt and return it for a full refund. Only difference is it was Home Depot not Lowes. I have never had a problem returning anything to Home Depot. They even guarantee their plants you can't beat that deal.

My brother in law had a Lowes card and after they gave him a hard time about a *** eater he went to the customer service desk got the manager that refused to take back the (one use) *** eater (telling him to send it to the warranty repair) he cut up the card and told him where to put it. Lowes is not known for is customer service here in Jackson.

Anonymous+LadyScot=Ignorance...lol you can change your userid but you can't change your colors. you must be foaming at the bit since you have been cut off from the walmart pages.

all you do and have done is attack consumers. if you hate the customers that put money your pocket so much then get a job where you do not have to see, speak or deal with customers..if you can...hehe

Do you work in a retail store? I doubt it so im sure you have no idea how anything works.

Go work at a retail store for a week an then maybe you will understand . You people think you have everything figured out an your always right but most of the time thats not the case.

@Anonymous

Look I do not care about Lowe's or Dewalt they have more money than I do so that being the case I will try to protect my money just like they do. I am tired of hearing all of this bs about who is at fault and who is responsible all I know is that no store or manufacturer is going to rip me off without a FIGHT.

Everyday you hear about faulty merchandise sold and no one taking responsibility it is obvious that manufacturers are sh*tting all over us selling these cheaply made products and wanting us just to take it well I got news for you my friend I am not I want what I paid for, everything is more expensive today than it was a few years ago and yet it is of worse quality. I have purchase many items and a good portion of them have been returned due to faulty workmanship.

trimmers,stoves,refrigerators,washing machines,etc.etc. and you are telling me to deal with the manufacturer I don't think so.

You might have bought the product from lowes but lowes bought it from dewalt. Dewalt made the bad drill not Lowes.

So therefore u need to have a problem with dewalt. Its covered under a manufacture warranty not a lowes warranty. Why would it be lowes responsibility for 60 days that makes no sense. An the first time you said it was under 60 days an then in your comment you said 3 months.

3 months is 90 days not 60. So which one is it.

@Anonymous

You sound like an *** and you probably are one. I buy a product and it goes defective in 2 or 6 months it goes back to place of purchase you ***.

You buy a Ford vehicle from a dealer who do you take it too? The dealer *** not the manufacturer.

There is no need to deal with manufacturer unless you purchased directly so as for your idiotic comment I agree with popo56. ***

"I decided I was going to get upset for no reason at all since it was all lies," THIS MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A TROLL. I would also like to point out no manufacture would say it was the stores responsibility.

I work for a similar store and the manufactures wants to deal with the customer when this type of situation occurs any repairs on it would be under the manufactures warranty.

Companies specifically tell my store not to return items have them call them so they can deal with the problem. If the store dealt with it it would just be a returned item that was defected out then the manufacture would cover the cost.

popo56
@Heartless

Should have been "not going to get upset" and if the item is under 3 months you pos it is the stores responsibilities, I did not buy the drill from Dewalt I bought it from Lowe's so f*&ck off you worthless pos.

View more comments (8)

LOWES SUPPORTING RUSH LIMBAUGH

LOWES HAS LOST MY BUSINESS BY SUPPORTING RUSH LIMBAUGH INCLUDING MY CREDIT CARD WITH THEM. THEY SEEM TO FAVOR HIM AND HIS INSULTING STATEMENT TOWARDS WOMEN ABOVE THEIR CUSTOMERS. HOW CAN THEY SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO OBVIOUSLY HATES WOMEN WHO HAVE ANY OPINION AT ALL. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A HOME THAT NEEDS ALOT OF WORK AND HAVE BEEN SPENDING MONEY LEFT AND RIGHT AT LOWES. IT WILL NOW GET SPENT ELSEWHERE. WAKE UP, ALOT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE WOMEN AND HE BLATANTLY INSULTS THEM ON A DAILY BASIS. KEEP ON ADVERTISING WITH HIM, IT'S YOUR FINANCIAL FUNERAL! LOWES ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT MUST BE RUN BY ALL MEN.

I'm a woman and support Rush...Take what he said in context and reference!! The Ignorance of some is remarkable.

This is the result of people listening to main stream media and not knowing facts!!..GOOD FOR YOU LOWES!!! DON'T LET THE MEDIA AND PUBLIC PUSH YOU AROUND

I'm a conservative. Rush Limbaugh stupidly called a women a "***" on his show.

His remark has been vilified (justifiably) by nearly every commentator on television.

What bothers me is the lame-stream media's double-standard.

Last year liberal comedian Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the 'c' word (rhymes with "runt") on his show, in addition to mocking her Down Syndrome son. Yet not one person in the maintsream media has ever mentioned it!

She is what she is... Go on a cut up your card and pay the balance off too.

Rush insults liberals, not women. Get with the program here. This is not a politics forum.

Boycotts are useless and childish.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Treating associates badly

Managers continue to treat associates like *** and keep their jobs. Someone I know works for Lowe's and they did not hire any additional help for the Christmas season in the garden with the addition of the tree tents this year, there is one person in the morning to work inside and out and one person to work at night inside and out. They also have to watch the seasonal inside area to cover that associates lunch, but the manager wants to know why everything is not done? What's the plan, no matter this associate has asked for help in the garden area many times and the closing manager gives him *** for taking too long to get done working. How can you run a business this way, oh, wait they are too big of a store to matter and be held accountable! LOWE'S SUCKS and I tell everyone that!

Our store has consistantly gone down in the Employee Opinion Survey with the number 1 issue being LOUSY Store Manager with a 99% poor rating. Finally corporate wanted to know why we rated it so low.

They sent in about six differnt people over a three day period to "confidentially" ask us why. The Result??? RETALIATION! Threatened jobs, forcing people that are dating to transfer to other stores.

not letting people working 4 hours take 15 minute breaks (violation of Federal law), changing schedules, cutting hours etc..AND the joke is that all of this is being enforced by the same Store manager we complained about. And he dates a vendor rep that is in the store all of the time.

If the job market returns I see a mass exit of Lowes employees. This store is equal to a circus being ran by the clowns.

Maybe some of your added comments mean you work for Lowe's and just want to make the person posting this seem bad or wrong, but I happen to know that this person is a good manager and works hard. Lowe's supports their *** store managers no matter how they treat people.

I have numerous times seen good employees at this company treated poorly while unqualified managers with poor people skills go farther. If employees or customers were important as my original point was, they would have enough employees to cover a department, it takes much more than 3 associates to cover the garden center without xmas tree tents and helping other department.

That is 3 associates total assigned to the department not per day for 101 hours a week....Customers deserve better and so do the associates! Whoever said it was the associates fault is an ***.......!

In this instance, Lowe's doesn't suck, the Zone manager making the schedule dosen't know what they are doing. Just because one person doesn't now what their doing doesn't mean that the company sucks.

I would also like to know about the person complaining.

In most instances I come accross the person complaining isn't worth keeping anyway. They just like to sit back and ***.

Congratulations you broke up dustins marriage a former zone manager and broke up another engagement of another former zone. Braden stay away from her shes bad news. ocd sucks when it comes to guys.

@osage beach lowes brandy

That's not the only marriage she broke up! Does she track down married men with the intentions of ruining their marriage?

Your friend couldn't file a complaint themselves? Are they a wuss? Quit being a nosey snitch!

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Pets in Shopping Carts

Why does the Zephyrhills FL management allow customers to bring in their pets and put them in shopping carts> The shopping carts are not cleaned after pets are allowed to ride in them. This is a health hazard when I place my child in the shopping cart behind a dog. Management needs to put up signs stating non service animals are not allowed in the store. I consider this a health risk to my child and myself. I have seen dogs walking with the owners and dog in the shopping carts some with blankets under them and some without. Why
#1203853

Blankets keep carts clean. You can't keep out disabled people legally.

If they need a dog, It has to be on a leash. The cart thing is a policy each store has.

I say if the service dog is on a blanket, It is allowed in a cart. Use a leash otherwise.

I am visiting Fort Myers, FL where there are dogs in shopping carts everywhere. I was in Belks, Lowes, and Costco and saw dogs in the carts.

Costco was the only ones that approached the customer asked the 2 questions they are allowed to ask and the animal was to a service dog and is not welcome in the store. I looked online and people with true service dogs are also irritated with small dogs in the carts and they distract the service dogs that are untrained and they cannot perform their duties. The ADA says that service dogs should not be in shopping carts but walking or carried by the person. A diabetes alert dog can be carried on the person to smell the breath of their master.

It irritates the heck out of me to see people abuse this law which, was made for people that really need it. People only think of themselves and not others. I am allergic to dogs and if it is in the shopping cart I may throw a coat in the cart and become ill. I think most store just want to avoid a law suit so they don't approach people.

But a grocery store of any kind should never have a dog in the cart - it could be illegal.

This practice of people who think their dogs are cute is ridiculous. I feel like starting a "NOT IN MY CART" campaign.

@Anonymous

A child that has Poopy Diaper that leaks in a cart is more full of germs than a Service Dog on a Blanket or a cover over the seat and Does Not *** or *** in the cart!!!!!!!!!!

Get a life! Seriously.

My dogs are much better behaved than most kids these days.

You should get a job in a corporate HR setting as I am sure you'd get your jollies out of taking away benefits and instituting policies that demoralize workers.

I don't know...I've seen alot more filthy kids than dogs in stores...or anywhere else for that matter.

I think you're ridiculous. Your kid has more of a health risk going to SCHOOL then he does riding in a cart after a dog!

Some people just find things to *** about.

People who come into contact with dogs have healthier immune systems. What about kids with loaded diapers that sit in those shopping carts? Ever think of that?

You arent at a grocery store you are at a home improvement store. Even in a grocery store there is tons of salmonella and e coli.

Your children are also known for spreading eay more germs in shopping carts than a dog.

Why dont you clean the cart before putting your child in anyway, are you that lazy? Dogs are hardly allowed anywhere anymore, leave the few places left alone.

Well... what about the bag of manure I could put in the cart? The cart isn't sanitized after that, either...

after reading through these comments its obvious why lowe's cant make up their minds about letting animals in the store.... half of you treat them better than humans and feel entitled to let your "fur children" everywhere you go. i personally dont give a *** either way, i just wish the company would grow a BACKBONE and not worry about *** a customer off.

At Tough Love, if u ever tried 2 do that 2 my dog or me he would personally rip of your head because he has more humanity in his big paw then you have in your whole body. At least my dog won't hurt anybody intentionally unlike YOU!

I think rules are rules and the public safty on customers should always be observed. Store managers that break the rules should be writtne up and or even replaced.

Dogs in shopping carts is just nasty and this is one reason I will not be shopping at Lowes. There are state laws that don't allow animials into stores that sell food and Lowes sells food at the front counter.

It is my intention to report such behavoir to the athorities then let Lowes coporate deal with the state goverments. Sometimes the rights of others is much more important than the store greed of making a sale, thus Lowes will not recieve another dollar from me until their own policies are followed.

@Tim Grover

How exactly is a dog in a shopping cart nasty? Do you mean to say that dogs are inherently nasty?

Shopping carts are dirty and I'm sure covered with germs to begin with -- and this is due to humans, not animals.

Read the "Get a LIFE" post below. Kids drooling and humans coughing/sneezing on carts or their hands then touching carts, plus kids yelling in stores while the parents do nothing, is way more disrupting and hazardous to health than a dog in a store.

@Tim Grover

I wouldn't care if dogs aren't allowed in shopping carts, but the store should be allowed to make the decisions about who and what is allowed in the store. To me, this post isn't about putting dogs ahead of humans but parents putting themselves ahead of other people.

Responsible parents don't blame a pet that has been bred to live in a human environment for germs found and touched by hundreds of people in a public place. Responsible parents clean and sanitize for their children and train their kids to live in the world, not expect everyone else to sacrifice for their sake!

I also think that goes for dog owners but believe me we hear enough of it. Also, seriously educate yourself about real dog safety issues and not just anti-breed propaganda.

@Tim Grover

I agree. Service animal fraud is increasing as a direct result of how poorly this law was written.

Even service animals should not be in shopping carts and the ADA supports this.

A business, especially one that sells or prepares food, should simply be reported to the state agency that is responsible for food safety inspection. Let the corporations deal with health/safety violations and the problem will take care of itself.

I like dogs and cats, having a total of five.

But I don't think they belong in stores. I especially do not like the dogs that are on leashes that the owner can "pay out", givng the dog 20 feet of leash.

I was in Lowes (Winter Garden, FL) and a strange dog was sniffing me. I can't believe Lowes allows dogs!

Corporate should be consistent. In my opinion, if a dog bites my kid in a Lowes, Lowes would be liable.

@People First

Actually, if anyone should be liable, the pet owner should. Or are you one of those people that would sue McDonald's if you spilled their hot coffee on you and burned yourself? Of course, this is assuming that your kid didn't initiate anything with the dog and was taught to ask the owner before petting.

First of all, I rarely see, if ever, dogs drooling,licking, doing anything to contaminate a cart. However, I have seen babies,and children lick their hands,fingers they stick in their mouths, rub their noses, sneeze, drool and etc.

while riding in a cart. Personally, all the carts are filthy, however, I would rather use a cart after a dog then a baby or child that has been in the cart. Most animal germs and disease are not transferrable to humans, unlike the widespread germs, infections, etc that humans carry and transmit to each other.

One last cincher, dogs aren't in the store yelling and bellowing that I have seen babies and children do. Personally, if one should be left at home, so should the other.

@Get a LIFE!

I totally agree.

@Get a LIFE!

Haha, that is awesome. I can't stand entitled parents. If I had a kid I would probably sanitize everything around them before and after they use it anyway because I am responsible and don't expect others to do my work.

I have worked for Lowes for seven years. The policy is no animals except service animals.

Last year we were told if we saw a customer with an animal in the cart to call them. For the first couple of weeks, they were told please leave the animal home the next time they came in. This lasted about 2 weeks. We would call and tell them about animals and nothing was said to the customer.

I had a guy with a large boxer leave me a present in the middle of the aisle. I called management and told them and was asked to clean it up. I told them if I wanted to clean up dog ***..I would buy a dog. The manager who was allowing dogs in ended up cleaning it up.

They still allow dogs in. They are afraid of upsetting the customer and losing a sale.

I say screw the sale. If you have a dog in your cart I walk the other way.

#1203852
@Lowes Employee

Only housebroken service dogs are allowed in by law. You can ask dog owners to take their dogs out if they aren't housebroke.

"The shopping carts are not cleaned after pets are allowed to ride in them." Get over yourself! Your precious little fragile child is more likely to pick up nasty bacteria from all the human hands on the cart handle. Do *you* clean up all the drool left behind on the cart when you take your brat out of the seat?

What the *** is wrong with our society today. Choosing pets over people, cmon.

Yes kids are a pain in the *** at times,as well as adults, especially nowadays but that's our own fault. There is no disicpline and no consequenses and it seems like that is becoming the norm. For people to ignore a store policy that says no dogs is wrong, the policies are there for a reason, what's next allowing them in restaruants.

Rules are rules and if they keep getting bent or broken then we are just hurting ourselves and others in the long run. We need to get back on track, bring your kids up right people and people quit worrying so much about your pets, they are just that, PETS.

In NC, Lowe's home state, the appearance of pets in their home improvement stores has been comparatively recent. I've shopped at their stores all across the state (I own several homes) for many years and it has only been in the past few years that I began seeing pets introduced into the Lowe's stores.

For many years I never saw a single pet inside a Lowe's store.

Then, slowly, I began encountering pets during a small percentage of my visits to their stores. As time passed, I felt I was seeing pets inside their store locations more frequently.

August 16, 2010 I contacted Lowe's corporate HQ to mention this and also to inquire as to their animal policy within their stores.

I was assured that NO Pets are permitted; service animals only.

Reassured concerning this policy, I began to track my visits to their stores over the next several months and was astonished to find that from a sampling of 15 consecutive visits, I encountered pets inside their stores on 12 of those 15 trips! During two of those visits I encountered multiple pets inside the stores.

Armed with these simple statistics I again contacted the Lowe's corporate office January 31, 2010 to inquire about any changes they may have made to their "No Pets" policy. Their email response was: "the policy for pets in the stores is: For safety and sanitary reasons, no animals, other than service animals are permitted at Lowe's locations".

Evidently some of the Lowe's store managers have decided either through ignorance of the policy or by reason of activism to overrule their corporate office’s policy in this matter.

Reading some of the comments posted here by animal owners it is clear they have been making arguments in favor of permitting their pets largely anywhere they wish to take them in a manner very like those arguments made for many decades by another special group: Smokers.

Smokers often and loudly contended that they should be allowed to smoke anywhere they wished since it was their “right” to smoke where and when they wished. It was not obvious to them that others’ rights were being assailed when they introduced their smoke into public access locations. The important thing here I think is, “they were introducing something possibly dangerous and often unpleasant to others” and therefore were the ones creating the problem; non smokers did not introduce anything dangerous or repulsive to the smokers in that regard. Smokers, determined to “exercise their right to smoke”, complained bitterly and often engaged in name calling and threats to press their position.

Reading the postings of the animal owners here, the similarities are I think pretty obvious.

For those who wish avoid having to deal with the introduction of others’ animals into Lowe’s stores, I recommend following the advice of the retired Lowe’s employee, Starrider: If you don’t like animals; don’t go where they are allowed”. While he no doubt did not mean that in any charitable way it is never the less a good idea. Vote with your wallet as I have done: shop elsewhere but at least inform the Lowe’s corporate offices of your intent and the reason. That is exactly what I have decided to do if Lowe’s decides they will not reign in their individual store managers.

@NC Lowe's Customer

Blah blah blah .. Animals are cleaner than a lot of humans.

Calling corporate office.. Mind your own business..

#1203858
@NC Lowe's Customer

DIY allows pets. Rax allows pets.

Home Depot allows pets too. So if you need building supplies, then "DON'T LICK THE CARTS AND DOOR HANDLES. YOU WILL BE FINE".

Grow up. Kids with sticky hands are more of a germ problem then a dog.

zoobiesmom

All the people I have ever known who don't like animals were usually not raised with pets and are ignorant about them. When I say ignorant, I don't mean it in a bad way.

Everyone is ignorant about something. My husband & I do not have human kids by choice.

We prefer animal kids, and we are very happy this way. We bring out bulldog everywhere we possibly can and my dog is more behaved than the uncontrolled, spoiled screaming kids people bring to public places.

#194329

A dog is an animal. Children are human.

The people here who put a dog infront of a human are *** and should not be allowed out in public.

A dog, cat or any other animal can be left at home. Deal with it "animal people" some people are afraid of dogs and no matter how much you believe your dog is safe there are always instances were the best animal can attack.

If you want to be Leno-y, we can have you come down here, and you can do high fives! We could put a wig with a gray streak in your face!

We can have you read off cuecards! We'll put Kevin Eubanks over there on guitar!

Correction, A dog is probably more welcome in Lowes than an adult who has an out of control child in the cart.

Ihappen to have a very smart Shih Tzu.He has never had an accident in the house, he is groomed very often,he even gets his teeth brushed every day. I have taken him with me to Lowes several times.

He has ridden in the cart,but be sure of this,he has never left any of his bodily

excrements in the cart of on the floor.

He has never cried to the top of his lungs for something he wanted but could not have, and he has never pulled anything from the shelves that had to be cleaned up by one on the associates. So I would venture to say that a dog is probably more welcome in Lowes than a dog.

Please try and come up to me while I have my dog with me in lowes and try something ***. If your so allergic to dogs.....

or are so ueber protective of your kids....

stay home. You are the humans that should be omitted from natural selection in the first place.

Service Animals Only......Thats what the big sign On the front door of all Lowes stores state. Leave the *** dog home.

I hope your f.a.g. dog gets run over by a forklift.

#620181
@Service Animals Only

You are probably the biggest *** I have ever heard of who wishes for a dog to be run over probably a heartless *** like yourself! My dog is the most well behaved animal I know and he is a lot more behaved then half of the screaming kids that come into the place that I work!

I have cleaned up more "accidents" by kids then I have ever cleaned up after my dog and mind you I've had him since he was a puppy! So don't give me that *** about dogs!

Clearly you are not knowledgeable when it comes to dogs.!

Knock Knock to Tough Love

If you ever happen on me with my dog in a cart and "attempt" to slam it against the wall, they would be picking you up in pieces with a spatula. Talk about a loser, you got anger issue there kid??

I retired from Lowe's and animals being allowed in the store is great. I am so sick of everyone *** about everything.

My dog is my kid.

If you don't like animals; don't go where they are allowed. Oh and Papaman, you are the one that is pathetic and am sure you live by yourself picking your nose as the only means of attention you will ever get.

My 2 cents are this:

I too would rather ride in a cart slobbered all over from a pet than a car that a baby sat in. My own nephew always has a runny nose and is always sticking his hands in his soiled diaper. So no thank you.

We should allow pets anywhere there isn't food. If you have a problem then shop elsewhere.

Or can I find a shop that is doesn't allow kids.....

I thought germaphobesjavascript:ac_smilie(':x') had a pocket full of disinfectant wipes on them at all times. So swab the cart out, dogs have half the pathogens of humans, at least you cant get swine flu from dog drool, like you can from somebody else's kid!

Being exposed to allergens, dirt, and germs plays an important role in the development of your child's immune system. Your negative attitude and incessant complaining is certainly doing your child more harm than being exposed to a dog. My dog is probably cleaner than your kid anyway.

Some (including me) people are allergic to dogs. Why should we be subjected to animals while we're inside shopping?

It's pretty simple. Leave your pets at home. They're not your children. They're not equivalent to children.

They're not human. See the difference?

If you can't bear to part with your precious little dogs, stay home and order what you need online.

#1203859
@Allergic

I'm disabled. Why is your allergy more important than my disability.

You should stay home. I need to get things I need and a service dog makes it possible for me to survive. Being disabled is no picnic.

You sneeze. Take a pill.

The disabled could die.

I can't believe you are that selfish. Read ADA laws.

my compaint is that i had to bag my own purchases today while the lowes cashier was busy playing with a dog. now as i am a big girl and wear big girl panties that really wasn't too bad, but when i had to pick my change up out of the floor because the *** couldn't wait long enough to make sure she was putting it in my hand before she let go of it, that made me mad.

no apology, no please excuse me maam, nothing. she just grabbed up the **** dog and started kissing it on the nose and letting it lick her in the mouth. so i truly hope that since she was so uninterested in doing the job she is paid for that the ugly stinking mutt had its nose and tongue up the dirty smelly butt of some other ugly stinking little mutt right before she let it lick her in the mouth. which is sickening by the way.

i love dogs, i have two of my own, but i would never think to push my animals down someone elses throat. not everyone loves animals. leave your pets at home, no one gets bit and the pets are safer.

if you can bring dogs to the store can somone bring their 30 foot pet python??? same difference.

What a bunch of losers! Leave the MUT home.

Next time I see it in the store I will personally rip that thing out of the cart and throw it agents the wall as hard as I can! Then you won’t be able to say “My dog has never made a mess in the store”

papaman63 - Your proctolgist called, they found your head.....

PAPAMAN63 is a real sicko.

HA. I am a Lowe's employee who enjoys the little dogs the customers bring into the store.

they are all so well trained and wonderful. and NEVER have i ever had to pick up after an unruly dog running a muck in a store or make an over head call for a lost dog or tell a dog to stop trying to break whatever they have. *** ive never even heard a dog bark in my store. yet children run around like heatherns climbing shelfs screaming and doing whatever they *** well please while their dear ol mums and dads just sit there picking out their blinds.

its *** me off that someone would even complain about this. allergies are understandable but unless ur child or u are all over the dog a dog walking or riding around with a customer will never produce enough allegens to cause even the most asthmatic child to go into a coughing fit. and if they do seek immeadiate treatment becuz ur child should be in a plastic bubble. I dont see why this would be a problem.

and on shopping carts whats the difference between the germs all over ur nasty grimy childs hands as they go into their mouth while riding in their car seats and a shopping cart? hah nothing. these carts get rained on coughed on sneezed on and everythign else. one dog sitting on it will probably make it cleaner.

haha never would i ever put my child in a cart that i didnt santitize myself. or atleast put a blanket down. u dont seriously expect me to go outside my store and wash and desantitize every single buggy in my store??? if u do ur insane.

so get a life and stop finding something to complain about. its sad how *** and arrogant some ppl are.

@Bri-Cashier

Bri, I think you're lovely. I kept staring into your eyes when I spoke with you and I can't stop thinking about how beautiful you are.

LoL

I liked your boots! ;)

DOGS ARE ANIMALS AND ARE MENT TO KEPT OUTSIDE. PATHETIC, LONELY AND DISTURBED PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO BRING DOGS INTO STORES(EXCEPT FOR SERVICE DOGS).

YOUR *** MUTT CANT HELP U PICK OUT A COLOR,APPLIANCE OR ANY ITEM YOU ARE THERE FOR. KEEP *** DOGS AND ANY OTHER ANIMAL YOU SICK PEOPLE LOVE AT HOME. ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS. HUMANS ARE WHAT WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT.

YOUR *** DOGS CAN STAY AT HOME BY THEMSELVES, A CHILD CANT. YOU WERE A CHILD AT ONE TIME ALSO,WELL MOST OF YOU CLASSLESS PEOPLE WERE.

KEEP DOGS AT HOME WHERE THEY BELONG. THEY ARE DOGS.

shame on you lady. some pets are peoples children. I'm sure you clean the cart after using it so it will be clean for the next person to use.

Really! You have nothing better to do than complain about a dog in a Lowes store.

If you feel that it is a health risk to your child and self maybe you should shop at a store that has a no pet policy. Here in Redlands CA we have two Lowes stores that I frequently shop at with both of my Papillions, Keylee and Teemu. In the numerous trips to Lowes my dogs have taken with my wife and myself, I have never had a complaint about my dogs or been asked not to bring them back to the store by the staff. They have never urinated or defecated in a store.

They have never barked at, bitten, coughed on, spit on, or vomit on another patron of the store. They are not allowed to run rampant through the store unsupervised. They are not pulling merchandise off the selves and breaking it. They are both kept clean and well groomed and better mannered than some children I have witnessed in the stores.

My wife and I have had to tell children not to run up and start petting them, grabbing their faces, or pulling the long hair that hangs from their ears and tails while the parents stand and watch without correcting their unmannered rude children. Don't take me as a child hating ***, I have two childeren of my own, well they are 18 and 19 now, but they are still my children. When a child walks up and has the manners to ask if they can pet my dogs I will tell them and their parents that they don't ***, but they will lick them to death at witch point they can decide if they want to pet the dogs. I have never had a parent or child that declined to pet them after being warned of a tongue bath.

The children enjoy petting the dogs as much as the dogs enjoy being petted. I have had adults of all ages approach and enquire about the dogs and pet them. This all being at a store that the Califorina Health Department doesn't find as a health risk and bans all animals except service dogs from, such as a business that sales and serves food for human consuption. I have been in restaurants trying to have an enjoyable and sometimes expencive meal, while an unruly child is allowed to wail at the top of their lungs, throw food across the restaurant, wipe their infectious green snot all over the table, seats and any other thing they can touch, cough without covering their mouths while their ignorant parents sit and watch and not say a word.

And this same behaviour has been witnessed in grocery stores where I purchase food products which I expect to be clean and safe for my families consuption.

And by the way, these businesses are deemed by the California Health Department to be a health risk to you and your child from my clean, mannered and well behaved dogs. Oh, and by the way my two children have grown to be two clean, well groomed, well dressed, well mannered, polite, cutious, respectful, employeed and healthy model young adults, which my wife and myself are just as proud of as our other two children, Keylee and Teemu.

You probably need to watch out for kids biting you, kicking you, stepping on you, pushing shopping carts into you, throwing things at you, spitting at you, or calling you names more than a dog biting you. You sound like a person I would tell my dog to *** on purpose.

To all of those complaining about dogs in stores, you must be pretty retarted to think that pet owners would bring untrained dogs into stores. Yet I have seen plenty of unruly kids in stores.

If your child is not old enough to walk, put them in your stroller. Babies can't sit in shopping carts anyways.

And if you are worried about cleaniless, the last thing you can expect to be clean is a shopping cart where hundreds of strangers' hands have touched it, dust, rain, dirt, lord knows the bacteria in there if it is from a supermarket with raw meat. Get real.

i have lived and worked all over the u.s. and in europe, and only lowes seems to constantly violate their own policy on pets in the stores with the knowledge and consent of management.

there is no concern for the health and safety of the pets or the customers or the employees. in fact i have stopped shopping at lowes because i have kids who are deathly allergic and lowes refuses to do anything about it when i comment to management about the dogs in their facilities. the inmates are running the asylum and they are idiots. i cannot wait until someone sues lowes because a dog bit them in the store, or because someone tripped in urine and fell on the coment floor because lowes allowed "fee-fee" in the store so they would not upset ms.

customer and make her go elsewhere to buy her curtains!!!

or just plain ask ms. customer to leave the dog at home next time!!!

I have children and own German Shepherds. I love them both and yes the dogs are much cleaner than the kids.

Here is my smeel: In some other countries dogs are allowed everyplace a human is yes, even church. There dogs tend to be very well trained and well behaived. I personally feel that the US would jump on board with that idea as my dogs are very highly trained and bring me joy. My children are not as well trained but much smarter ;-) I have a perfect 5 year old that is potty trained very healthy and can read quite well.

She was born with a German shepherd in the room and she has had one by her side since the day she was born. She has never gotten any unusual illness or picked up any germ her body couldn't fight.

My point here is simply this, if we don't expose ourselves and our children to germs how will our body know how to defend itself? To much sheltering breeds weakness.

I'v worked in retail for over 30 years. I've never had a problem with any dog that came into a store in a cart.

On the other hand I have seen children *** *** and puke in the store. Parents will let their children run around with gooey hands making a mess of displays, throwing literature on the floor.

They cry, complain and fuss making it hard to converse with their parents. Give me a dog in a cart any day.

I've worked in retail for over 30 years. I've never seen a pet in any store I ever worked at cause a problem.

I have seen children *** *** and puke in stores.

Parents let them run all over with gooey hands making a mess of displays, throwing literature all over the place, crying, nagging and making it hard to converse with their parents. Give me a dog in a cart any day.

You should leave your child in the hot car with the pet?

Every day at least one cart in each supermarket in the US gets urinated in by a child, many suffer even worse. It is your responibility, as a concerned parent to clean any place you sit your child. Also if your child makes a mess it is your responsibility to clean it up.

pets in shopping carts are ridiculous just think of the employees that have to clean up a mess left behind by pets. Trained animals for medical reasons are okay. People are so rude.

i would like to just say.... you are complaining about managment because of the dogs in the carts, mgt has nothing to do with it , employees are trying to make everyone happy it's not our faul that customers are not smart, they could walk there dogs!

and justin is right ! these are never cleaned so i would worry about the other kids that where there before your child !

Have a question?

Contact information provided by:

www.lowesceo.com

Good point! However Lowes does post a sign saying no animals allowed unless service animals but your right people do it every single day, all the time at all Lowes.

My husband has worked for Lowes for about 8yrs in 3 states & this has always gone on & been my question to him as well!

Yesturday some people brought in a pot bellied pig! was a service pet though!Lowes is very very customer service focussed in many ways, this i guess is one of them!

pets are cleaner then children. it would be better for your child to sit in a cart after a dog, not another nasty child. at least your child cant catch hiv from a dog.

View more comments (65)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111