State: Florida City: Tampa Clear all filters (3 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Horrendous Customer Experience

1.7
Lowes - Horrendous Customer Experience
I went into the store and purchased a washer and dryer (didn't finance, but 100% purchased). They said the earliest they could deliver it would be a week and a half later. A week after the purchase I received a call saying they no longer had that set available for me. I HAVE NO WASHER AND DRYER AND A TON OF DIRTY LAUNDRY! Then, they tried to sell me a very inferior washer and dryer for the SAME AMOUNT so they could get it to my house sooner. I immediately went somewhere else and got the first model I had originally purchased from a competitor retailer. Lowe's didn't own up to the mistake and didn't go out of their way to make a decent resolution for me. Horrific customer service. Mistakes happen, but it's how they're dealt with that shows people the professionalism of a business and its employees. Looks like it's Home Depot for me here on out.
h.kitchener
#1471908

Not sure why you are so distressed. Lowe's found out they could not supply you with the model you wanted and called when they found out.

They offered you a different set which you refused so the sale was cancelled.

It's nice you got the same model from another retailer, so what is the problem here? Sounds like you just want to complain about something.

The reason you had to wait a week and a half is they had to order it from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer had no more available, what did you expect them to do? Either you choose another model from them or do as you did and found someone that still had the models you wanted on hand.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Reason of review
Order processing issue

2.3
Lowes Cashier Review from Tampa, Florida
I made a purchase at Lowes on Commerce Palms Drive, Tampa, Florida 5/20/16. I purchased a stacking rocking chair from the back of the gardening section. It was dirty but was the cleanest of the others. I brought it to the cashier, and she said its a lovely chair but its filthy. I told her all of the chairs back there was in that condition. She gave my daughter windex and a paper towel and told her to get started cleaning while I was getting the money for her. I gave her $43 and joined in helping my daughter clean the chair. The cashier said I will put the change here on your phone for you ($0.22), I took my receipt and change from her and put it into my purse. I pulled the cart to the front of the cashier to not block the other customers behind me. After about 5 minutes i was finished cleaning the chair and gave the cashier back her garbage can, windex, and paper towel. I said thank you and proceeded to walk out of the door with my purchase when the same cashier abandons her customers and asks me did you pay for that? I dont think you paid for it. I said yes I did. She asked for my receipt, after looking at my receipt she says no this is not it, embarassing me in front of the other customers. Meanwhile I've got all of her customers eyeballing me as if I stole a big chair from the store. Then she says oh yes it is, ok you did pay for it. Then tells the other customers its a lovely chair but it was so filthy while I walked away. I was so upset I regret I didn't return it and buy the chair at walmart instead. I should have been offered a discount for the dirty chair I paid full price for, or at least the cashier could have gotten someone to come and clean it for us. Instead, I cleaned it myself with my daughter and was still racially profiled and accused of not paying for it by the cashier who I just paid.
Lowes Cashier
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy
Lowes has an amazingly sweet staff designed to grab your money quick but then try to get your merchandise delivered and don't complain about our terrible service. When the refrigerator in my condominium died I started searching for a replacement online for a unit that would match the limited space available. I found a match on the Lowes website but their delivery and pick-up policy was not clear so I called the company for clarification before placing the order. I explained that my niece was living in the unit and I needed the unit delivered as soon as possible as she had a new baby and milk in the freezer that had to stay frozen. The women on the line told me that the unit included free delivery and pickup of the old unit and delivery would be no problem. I thanked her and said I would go online and order it and she told me that I could place the order with her and there would be no need to go back to the website. We received the order notification via email and I forwarded it to my niece to schedule delivery. She called me back within minutes to tell me that the unit would not be delivered for at least 2 weeks as it was a special order item - this was never mentioned when Lowes took the order. I tried to cancel the order so I could get the items somewhere else and customer service told me that it would be 5-7 days before the money would be refunded as they already charged my card. As I was complaining customer service kept telling me that they did disclose to me the delivery date which was getting me even more irritated. I said please point out where on this order it says the date when this order can be delivered. She pointed me to a small date on the delivery button on their website. I said "I never got to order this online your sales department took the order over the phone". She says I know but I wanted to show you that we do tell you how long it will take for delivery. What really pushed me over the edge is we still don't have the refrigerator but received a survey email questioning the unit. Well we gave them the feedback their terrible and deceptive service deserved. Today we got back that they rejected the survey review because it didn't match their guidelines. Since the survey was pretty much to the point I am guessing happy reviews are only accepted.

When you selected the model online and you had to enter your zip code to show the price (mandatory) in a box to the right it tells you when it will be available or if its currently stocked, as this should have been explained by the sales associate was probably just trying to get a sale . Probably just pushed the order through thinking that you were aware of the ETA due to you being online.The 5-7 day delay to get refunded on your card is not a Lowe's thing it is actually your bank when a refund issued it is instant, you can get cashed out which is the faster way of receiving your money back, if not your bank will give you the 5-7 day time frame. Further more Lowe's is one of the main appliance stores that contains stocked appliance and a wide selection , why didn't you check for stocked item's you would have been eligible for free next day delivery, you have to assume some responsibility at some point.

I have had all good experiences with lowes they credited me pretty much the cost of a jacuzzi spa tub for coming in the wrong color .which was a hearty credit.I was remodeling my bathroom at the time, and had to rent one of those small containers to store all my bathroom stuff.but I'm glad I saw this so I can look out for any billing problems,which would be on synchrony banks hands.

mz6594

Yes Anonymous reading is important. You must have miss read that the order was placed over the phone...

As it was wrong for the salesman didn't tell you when it would come in it was just as wrong for you not being able to properly read.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Delivery Service
Loss

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111