State: Florida City: Tampa Clear all filters (27 of 4788 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes Refuses To Honor Extended Warranty!

I bought an extended 5 year warranty for our front loading washer only to have them tell me they are refusing to honor it due to where they put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the washer where it was wet and rubbed by the door over and over and because they can't read the numbers, they refuse to fix it! Our of several stickers on this machine, this is the only sticker that is so worn you cannot read it! We have only had the washer for coming up on 3 years. I will never buy from Lowes again due to their unethical business practices!

Lowes did not put the serial number sticker there, the manufacturer did. Also, extended warranties are a waste of money.

These extended warranties are not backed by Lowes, but an outside company. If you want to blame anyone, blame the manufacturer and yourself.

Tags
  • lowes extended warranty

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Retract my previous complaint of Lowe's.

Recently complained of a GE cooktop I purchased from Lowe's. Since it was past the 30 day return date-I was not able to return it. I called the corporate headquarters and talked to a very nice person named Nicole. She and the local manager here in Sarasota, Gary, took care of the problem and let me return the cooktop for a full refund. THANK YOU is all I can say! Great customer service and they went way over and beyond what was expected. I never expected a refund but was hoping for an exchange. A forever customer of Lowe's here.

Now if they could empower their local staff to make simple customer retention decisions like this one. But that would be bad for this website!

katie95467

Stll no help from lowes about Bfs lawn tractor. They dont stand by their extended warrenty.

We have told them what was wrong and they insist there is nothing wrong. Obviously they dont now their *** from there elbows and havent shopped there since.

nikalseyn

Glad to hear of your experience at Lowe's. We have been buying our appliances from them for some years now with great prices, service and free delivery. Highly recommended.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Don't buy GE cooktops from Lowe's!

Purchased a GE ceramic cooktop from Lowe's. This cooktop sucks, and with Lowe's horrible appliance return policy-I wasn't able to return it. It took some time to realize what a piece of junk it was and by then it was too late. If you cook ANYTHING!, even boil eggs and the water bubbles onto the cooktop-it takes a lot of paper towels and a lot of ceramic cooktop cleaner to clean the mess up. Count on 15 minutes of scrubbing this cooktop with clean, dry paper towels to remove the residue from the cleaner and any food/grease particles that may be left on the stove.
ptprct

UPDATE! I called Lowe's corporate office to complain about this stove and they very graciously took the cooktop back and refunded my money.

A forever fan! Thank you Gary in Sarasota and Nicole in North Carolina!

quit being lazy and use a razor blade, takes anything of any glass surface, duh

Why would any retailer want to take back a used appliance that you haven't been able to keep clean? Glass cook tops take a lot of work to keep clean.

Once food gets burned on it gets harder and harder to clean off and some foods will eventually bond to the glass. It's not Lowes problem that you didn't do a little more research before you bought the product.

And how is this Lowes problem??

Perhaps your cooking ability may be the problem.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - $75 to take Measurements and no report receivedj

Made appointment 4/7/13 in Boynton Beach Lowe's store to discuss kitchen remodeling. Anna Valverde advised she can't discuss till I have "detail measurement report" done. I paid the $75 for this measurement report. I re-met with Anna Valverde today 4/20/13 for the purpose of going over the $75 measurement report and kitchen ideas from these measurements. I mentioned I have a telephone wall plate on wall where she wants to put cabinet. She told me I need I get telephone company or hire electrician. I mentioned I already have under cabinet lighting again her condescending attitude advised well you need to hire an electrician we only do cabinets and counters. We talked about my existing sink which is one year old and her attitude again was if you want corian you need to replace sink and you need to get yourself a plumber. My husband and I decided meeting was over since we are already at $10000 and this does not include cabinets back splash, pluggmbing or electric. We asked for our "paid" measurement report that we paid $75 for. She told us that is the property of Lowe's. We left and we are pissed.
Loss
Lowe's Store is cheating on the extended warranty to the customers is not worth the paper it is written on, I porches a lawn mower and a 3 years Extended warranty in Lowe's store after two years of use my machine stop working I check the basics on my mower before...
Honest4Sure

Congratulations! Your lawn mower has a 2-year warranty and you purchased year 3!

Brilliant! Motors last 10 years. Compounding matters is that the company you purchased the plan with no longer does Lowes plans - so customer support would be exceedingly tough.

Good luck. Next time, stop listening to retail clerks.

LOWES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Husband purchased a Samsung Front Loader Washer and Dryer as my Christmas gift on Black Friday. The washer was delivered on time as scheduled however, Lowes did not bother to call us and tell us the dryer had not come in yet. Ok, no problem, disappointed but Dept Manager said it would come in the week after. NOPE, now LOWES is saying sometime in January. Of course the charges have hit our credit card without a product to show for it. Come pick up the washer Lowes and refund our money. Bad business, not cool, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lowes is off our shopping list, never again. Dont mislead your Customers Lowes not cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets put this in perspective. By policy and the ad once the stock is gone the sale is over.

So your store really helped you by allowing you to order the item at a cheap cheap price. So shut your pie hole you baby and tell your husband he is a real prince for buying you a washer and dryer for christmas.

Next year you will get a new steam cleaner and a hoover. Go stick your head in *** and thanks for never shopping lowes again...

So basically your husband is bossing you around treating you like a slave by purchasing a washer and dryer for you. Basically he gave you a chore for Christmas.

What a lazy *** He even got you to complain for him. Can't even write his own complaint.

No matter how big a retailer Lowe's is or will be, they do not have control over manufacturers and cannot magically force a manufacturer to deliver a product by a certain time, even if it's at the stake of a customer's satisfaction. So when they tell that an appliance might take more time to come in, what they really mean is -- it's going to take more time for it come in.

They can't speed up the process, no matter how hard they yell or ask Samsung.

Trust that they want your appliance to come in as much as you do, if only for you to stop giving them a hard time for something they cant control. :cry

It is now feb 16 2012 I too was to receive a washer and dryer for christmas and STILL have not seen it and they always tell me its smasungs fault well I DONT CARE whos fault it is should have told us up front but when I call they always say the mid of the next month not a good way to treat customers!!!!

#402069

Don't expect perfection out of others, even businesses, until you've achieve perfection yourself.

If this is all it takes to get you pissed, I can promise you that you are not a happy person.

Grow up and enjoy life.

Buy at Lowes and your fueling the Chinese economy. Almost everything they now sell is import junk from China.

Even if it's a little more, try going to an Ace Hardware, Best Hardware or any other local retailer that's more community based. Lowes is ALL ABOUT CHINA.

I'm gonna assume you got a heck of a deal on it, since it was black friday. Quit being one of the sheep and wait all year to purchase items on black friday...cheap ***

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Pissed

Today was my day off and part of our agenda was to go to your Lowes store in Brooksville Fl on Broad st. We had all of our info because we want to get a new kitchen, cupboards countertops and flooring. We rang the button for service and a gentleman came and informed us that there was no one available to give an estimate. He even called to confirm that no one was scheduled today. I would tend to think that if you are a store open for business that an individual would be scheduled in every area to assist customers. I understand that the ecomony is tough which is why I am shopping around for the best bang for my buck, but my time is also valuable. I work hard for my money and have been saving for this and am anticipating on spending around $10,000. may not seem a lot to some but it has been hard earned and a big expense for us. I will not return to your Brooksville store.

The best thing to do is schedule a design appointment. Someone could have left a message for a designer to call you back to schedule an appointment.

Designing a kitchen is a very complex. It requires a minimum of 2 hours to complete.

I know you stated that no one was scheduled today but someone may have called in sick.

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - United Flooring Hudson, FL

United Flooring gives terrible customer service and floor installation services. United flooring will lie to your face and give you the worst installation from Lowes subcontractors ever. United flooring scheduling from lack's ontime commitment's. Installers are less than professional. United Flooring does not keep installers accountable to industry standards. United flooring provides all floor covering installations for Lowes and covers Hillsborough and Pasco counties. Makes floor industry look very poor at best primarily for bad service. Why Lowes allows United flooring to install the flooring professionally is a question that only Lowes Installation services can answer. I highly recommend you do not use United Flooring.

just had install today by two of the most experience, AND, courteous united flooring installers. I couldn't have been more pleased with their demeanor,efficiency, work ethic.

I believe it was a father/son team and they worked quickly and left a neat work area when finished.

Its how they are treated as to how they treat you. Don't expect miracles just sincere and honest efforts

Lowe's in Enid, Oklahoma is much worse, bribing officials and inspectors, lying to OSHA for the many roof leaks leaving puddles all over their floor, and poor work environment. The managers are the worst that I have ever dealt with, and I have visited over 32 states as a construction contractor working with Lowe's. :zzz

Bingefox

You are getting what you paid for. Let me explain.

Bye going threw loews you are using a middle man. Not to be ignorant but common sense tells you that if a company is taking less money to perform a job there is a very good reason. If Loews is taking a cut then United has to pay their employees but taking something out of the pot.

(Wich is more than what they pay their employees)you are going to get a *** install. Go with a local service, not contrator who subs out the job.

View more comments (2)
Review
#220696 Review #220696 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Imposible to Reach a Live Person at Lowe's!

Worst customer service EVER!!!! I bought a vanity/lavatory/faucet online and paid $406.60. 1 month later I noticed on my credit card statement that Lowe's had charged me twice for the same item! I've tried contacting a live person through the 1-800 # three times and waited over 30 minutes each time, but I couldn't reach a live person! When I called the store where I picked up the lavatory, they told me that I had to keep calling the 1-800#. I will never go to Lowe's again! I need Lowe's to return my money to my account!

Go to the store instead of sitting at home on the phone

Call the story on a Monday morning (between 6 and 8) and ask for the credit coordinator.

There are also two 800 numbers to call. One if for us and one is for you. The one for you in on the back of your card. You should not let the credit center influence how you feel about Lowe's, since the store and the credit center are two different things completely.

But the easiest solution is to call the credit coordinator.

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Small minded sub managers drive you nuts

I worked for Lowes for five years as a kitchen and bath designer. I have also worked atthe Home Depot and Builders Square in the same capacity. I am a cabinetmaker by trade with over thirty years experiance. I also was a cabinet installer for Lowes with a vendor number. I worked 60 plus hours a week and the more hours I worked the less I made..Chinese overtime it was called. For the first 40 hours I made $15 an hour..for the next 10 hours I was payed $4.00 an hour and for the last 10 hours of the sixty hours I was payed $2.25 an hour which was on a Saturday..10 hours of getting my brains beat out for about $10 extra in my paycheck. I bailed Lowes butt out of the fire too many times to count and I constantly had to deal with inconsequential sub managers..they are a joke. Wake up Lowes and treat good employees like gold and not slaves and something less than human.. Eventually I just walked out of the store for my own physical and mental health.
Fat Mart cart rider

Ummm sub managers? WTF does that mean.

Department managers or Zone managers?

Clarify tard face. And go cry some more.

ha ha ha you asked to be screwed

Review
#190113 Review #190113 is a subjective opinion of poster.