3.4

I should have followed that old adage in purchasing from Lowes. In the first experience, I purchased a refrigerator to be delivered. The guys who showed up with it were not strong enough to carry it up our stairs. My husband happened to come home as they struggled and had to assist them with the delivery. The walls and stairs were scratched while doing so.

This past winter I purchased a new Whirlpool water softener. It was delivered, installed and old softener removed. The technician asked me if I would like to use the remaining water softener salt from the old unit. I said yes. He added that to the new unit, which was a somewhat smaller unit. In checking the salt level a couple months later, it was at the very top. I called Whirlpool to ask about this. They told me the old salt should never have been used and that the softener should only be filled 1/3 of the way up otherwise it will harden - which it did. They told me to fix that by adding hot water daily and recharging after that to make the salt loosen.

I called Lowes thinking they would want to know that this was not done properly by the installer. The blame was shifted to the local manufacturer/installer. He said they should not have done that but why didn't I just scoop out all the loose salt and throw it away? I'm wondering why I would have to do anything to fix an improperly installed appliance! The Lowe's rep also wanted to blame me because I admitted the tech had asked me if I wanted to reuse the salt and I said yes. This causes what they call "bridging" (or salt hardening) and apparently I was supposed to know that so it was my fault for saying go ahead and use the old salt? His only response was that he would file a report and send to the installer and have them contact me. Because - it wasn't Lowes's problem. . . .hmm. . . my credit card says I purchased it from them!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of lowes water softener installation from Lowes. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lowes to "i am unhappy with how the installation dept responded to my report. i wasn't asking for anything. i just thought they would want to know that an installation was not incorrectly. lowe's didn't want any part of the blame".

The most disappointing in user's experience was improper installation and installation department. Author liked the most product was fine. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lowes for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments