I purchased tile from Lowe's for the family room , dining room and hall way. I paid to have a Lowe's employee come out measure and look around.

I was given a price for everything, the tile, grout, thin set, self leveling material, quarter rounds to go on the base boards, and transition pieces. I was very through to make sure $ 4172.49 covered everything. They showed up at my house at 9 AM as scheduled, I was out of town at a meeting so my 24 year old son met them. He was told the floor was not level enough.

He called me on my cell phone and I spoke to the installer that assured me someone from Lowe's would contact me in 30 minutes and they left. Of course I never received a call. When I returned home I called Lowe's after 3 tries to speak to a human being and being transferred to extensions that did not answer or hung up on I demanded a manager. I spoke to a person who at least claimed to be a manager but obviously was not very experienced and he transferred me to installation which said they knew nothing about it and would call me back.

When they called me back they said I would have to pay $800. to have my floor leveled. To say the least I was extremely upset. We agreed on a price that I paid to have the work done and now that want more money.

I told them fine we would level out the 2 spots they were referring to and to come back tomorrow. I was then informed if we leveled it and the installer did not think it was done properly they still would not install my floor. The manager finally cut the price to $400.00 which of course they demanded up front before they even show up. Keep in mind I spent an hour at work dealing with this mess and I have nothing but bare floors, all of my family room furniture and dining room furniture is shoved in every hole possible even outside under an awning, There is no where to eat dinner, no where to sit and this is already Wednesday.

So basically if I don't pay them more money I am stuck. I have spent a small fortune at Lowe's over the years but after this I will drive right past them to Home Depot.

I am anxiously awaiting what will happen tomorrow when they show up here. I will be here and I will watch everything they do.

I didn't like: Lousy service after the sale.

Comments