520 St James Ave, Goose Creek, SC 29445, USA
3.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Free means free, right? If something is offered only contingent on paying for another service (like a general contractor to carry out your remodeling), then is it free?

Absolutely not. Watch out everyone! My intent was to buy every item for a complete kitchen remodel from Lowes, including floors, cabinets, fixtures, appliances, the works! Ten of thousands of dollars of stuff!

A little free design consultation up front would have been a terrific way for Lowes to up-sell, or at least make a big buyer happy. But apparently that's not the way it works. When I mentioned that while I'll buy all the stuff from Lowes, I intend to do most of the installation myself, then the conversation got a little awkward. It took a little while to finally get back to "well no, we don't offer design consultation unless the general contractor is hired".

Surprise! Don't get me wrong, I use Lowes all the time.

I like them. But this consultation scheme gave them a black eye in my opinion.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Remodeling.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I don't want anything. Just fix the problem. Advertise accurately..

Comments