3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jul 31, 2017

It's been a month now since our deck was finished. I've tried many times to contact someone from Lowe's to call me and come out to see the results of our finished deck.

Stopped in to talk to someone higher up the ladder than the serviceman that took our order for the deck. He was very nice and understanding and said our complaint has gone up to corporate level and he would contact another man higher than him who would call us. A week went by and no one called. We went back to Lowe's and he said he would contact corporate again and remind them.

Still no phone call. We have deck boards that is getting worse everyday. There are splinters and knot holes everywhere. Space between boards are getting wider everyday and it's only been a month since deck was built.

Most of the boards are cupping and holding water. Should have been installed bark side up, but most are installed bark side down. the birds are taking a bath on our deck. Never get Lowe's to install anything.

They will tell you anything just to appease you, and nothing gets resolved. READ your contract before you sign.

Update by user Jul 05, 2017

I would like someone from Corporate to call me so I can tell them exactly what all happened when Lowes Specialist came back with their contractor to make a few changes that I complained about. If you could send someone to my house, I would SHOW you what all they messed up on, and the shoddy work that was done.

We went to the Lowes in Somerset, PA on North Center Avenue. They did not resolve any of my problems. Please call my home phone 814-703-8160.

You need to actually see what I'm complaining about. Thank you.

Original review posted by user Jul 04, 2017

We ordered a free standing deck from Lowes. They sent a Project Specialist for Exteriors to our home to measure and tell us what it would cost to install.

He went through all the different wood materials we could get and asked what we wanted. We told him we wanted GOOD quality lumber and a beautiful job. We did not quible with the price, we paid in full, in advance what he asked for. We ended up getting very poor grade material delivered, full of knots, falling out and we received poor quality work with BIG mistakes made.

We called them and complained, they came out and made some minor adjustments that I'm not sadisyfied with.

They made us pay for large pieces of material that were partially used and scrapped the rest. I feel that I've been mistreated in all ways.

Review about: Lowes Deck Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments