Me and my husband are both disabled. We were in the garden center and asked for assistance.

We waited more than 20 minutes and no one ever showed up to help us. My husband advised the cashier I had talked to and told her no one ever assisted us. All she said was "oh," and proceeded to call someone. My husband told her that we no longer needed assistance as he couldn't stand any longer and we just left.

Lowe's employees need to understand that when a disabled customer requests assistance is because they can't do it themselves. We will shop at Home Depot as they have always assisted us with what we need.

Comments

I have been to both Lowes and Home Depot and it is like night and day, Lowes employees are rude, hateful,disrespectful, and their moral is very low. Home Depot's employees are friendly, helpful, and treat you with respect. If it wasn't for the employees working for Lowes and their jobs, I would hope Lowes goes bankrupt and the management end up homeless because they deserve it.

The fact with Lowes is that the store is always short handed and most of the employees that they hire now do not know anything or they are lazy. Lowes not care about anything but the bottom line and the numbers.

they say they have an open door policy but it is a joke, the employee opinion surveys for the company have been going down drastically in the past few years because the managers abusew the employees so much, you can read the same thing all over the internet from so many stores about the abuse and unlawful firings that they have. To get ahead at Lowes you have to have no morals at all and you have to not care about people at all. That is Lowes new future plan, customer does not matter and you must not have any feelings for other human beings, they plan to implant chips in all there employees soon to shock them if they are nice to people and if they care about others. Lowes will soon be a company that used to exist, bankrupted because they did not care and had no heart.

Home depot is seeing this and re-training their people to compensate for Lowes lack of humanity in their stores. Shop at Home Depot the employees there are human beings and not abused monsters like Lowes are.

Cumming, Georgia, United States #629730

I agree bad service is never acceptable but get all the facts before you try to get someone fired which is what complaining to the manager can do. If you can not wait leave and go somewhere else.

You have the right to do that. But please do not place say all disabled people are like the poster. I to am disabled and I have a job and go to work everyday rather then live of the taxpayers. Not once have I used the disabled card in any store.

I feel regardless of your disability you should be able to do for yourself and not expect everyone to do things for you. If I can't stand long enough for the person to help me I will sit in the front of the store on the chairs they provide for their customers and let the service desk know I am sitting their and need help.

People will be more apt to go out of their way for you if you are nice. You do not sound like a nice person to begin with.

Tampa, Florida, United States #629142

Being fat and lazy does not count as a disability,,Look at the 500 pound heifers riding around Walmart on those scooters and paying for their slop with food stamp cards,,,, :p

Whether you are disabled or not you may have to wait for service in a big box store. They have a minimal staff and those people may be tied up helping other customers.

Just because they are paged doesn't mean they are going to ignore the customer they are assisting and come running to you. Another fact is that what you may call 20 minutes may well have only been 5.

Most times when a store manager investigates a claim like this by reviewing the security tapes they find the customer has only been waiting a few minutes rather than the 20 to 30 minutes they claim. :cry :cry :cry

Disabled? The word for I'm a lazy phatfvck who can't do anything for myself?

My mom is legally disabled yet she would never behave in this manner. What I mean by that is she wouldn't act all entitled and mighty. She wouldn't post on a online forum crying about something she didn't have all the facts about. She would have eventually just did it herself!

I'M GOING TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AT MY WORKPLACE. CUSTOMER ASK FOR ASSISTANCE FROM THE CASHIER, CASHIER PAGES FOR ASSISTANCE, PERSON STARTS TO COME TO ASSIST THE CUSTOMER, ON THE WAY THEY BUMP INTO SEVERAL OTHERS WHO NEED HELP! YOU CAN'T JUST IGNORE THEM YOU MUST HELP THEM!

After helping 1 2 3 4 5 6 who knows how many others you forget about that page. YOU CAN SOMETIMES SPEND UPWARDS OF 30+ MINUTES WITH JUST 1 PERSON. BE patient, find someone else! Don't just stand around going I'm disabled I can't believe this.

DO FOR YOUR *** SELF! It's one thing to be disabled it's another thing to use it as a crutch to be lazy....Most people wouldn't even be disabled if they properly took care of themselves when it came to health and fitness.

to Heartless #627832

I have so much more I would love to add to this topic. I forget that you disabled people know everything!

You would never forget about a page that just happened a few minutes ago when you are being bombarded by questions! I would like to add other possible thing occurred. A fair amount pages go unheard. At least once a month we page our manager and he doesn't respond, want to know why?

BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HEAR IT. SOME KID WAS SCREAMING AROUND HIM AT THAT TIME YOU NAME IT...

STUFF HAPPENS. GET OFF YOUR DISABLED CRUTCH AND DO FOR YOURSELF.

nikalseyn
Bay City, Michigan, United States #627517

It doesn't matter if you are crippled or not, there really is no excuse for this kind of service. I would have gone straight to the manager's office and complained.

I urge you to at least send an email to Lowe's corporate and tell them what happened.

They might just forward it to the Lowe's store manager, but they really need to know someone has fallen down on the job. You might want to try Home Depot or Menard's.

to nikalseyn #644759

email robert.a.niblock@lowes.com and tell him what happened to you, he may help you, maybe!!!!!!!