54 views
1.5

Lowes prepared a quote for a whole home generator system. I paid for the installation 100% up-front, which is their policy.

The local rep, who coordinates with the contractor and the town sat on the permit application for over a month. He asked me to write the permit application for him and he asked me for more money for filing the permit. The permit fees were included in the money I paid up front. He failed to include all of the paperwork I gave to Lowes, resulting in an additional 4 week delay to reply to the town's questions.

All of the answers to their questions were in the HOA documents I provided to the local rep. I paid for the generator install in June 2020. The install is now taking place in Feb 2021. The contractor is now telling me the whole home generator cannot be connected to the pool or sprinkler system.

None of this was disclosed during the initial quote. I had even asked about the pool. Beginning to end, this project was poorly managed by Lowes.

They no longer use personnel from the local store to handle installations, so I am working with someone from the corporate location out-of-state. Do not use Lowes for installations.

Location: Oviedo, Florida