State: Georgia Clear all filters (162 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Ellenwood, Georgia - This service is very poor

Purchased riding mower thru Lowes and XPO was the delivery choice of Lowes. Best to AVOID LOWES AND THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE. Experience was a TOTAL DISASTER and their driver promised a $50 LOWES Gift card for my troubles and that was just a BIG LIE to put me off and shut me up. LOWES and THIS COMPANY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON TIME PERFORMANCE Was very very poor, mower would not start for a delivery demo. No Gas in mower, dead battery and delivery men were very unprofessional and liars in the highes degree. Additionally, no followup from LOWES after my complaint phone calls. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO *** GOOD....AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID *** LIARS
Xpo Logistics Delivery Service
Cons
  • Drivers
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Valdosta, Georgia - Lowe's doesn't care about customers

1.7
I purchased a Maytag Bravos washer & dryer from Lowe's in Ellijay, GA. Bought the extended warranty. Had to keep the pair in storage for a couple of years after moving to place that wasn't large enough. Recently took out of storage & started using. Extended warranty is still in effect. Clothing wasn't getting clean. Watched through clear lid to find that clothing wasn't even getting fully wet through entire wash cycle and not moving from the top. Lowe's sent repairman and then a Maytag factory rep. Both watched a load through cycle. Both said they agree does not wash properly, does not add enough water and is rough on more delicate clothing. Both said they wouldn't have it and both said I need to get another washer with tall agitator & deep water option. But both also said they would not tell Lowe's this - they would have to report that the "machine is working as it is DESIGNED TO WORK". I pulled up my model's manual online. It even states in the Troubleshooting section: If you experience - Not cleaning or removing stains Possible causes - Wash load not completely covered in water Solution - Washer senses load size and adds correct amount of water. This is normal and necessary for clothes to move. Do not add more water as this lifts garments off washplate, resulting in less effective cleaning. Hmmmm- To clean clothes & remove stains, it is necessary that the clothes be covered in water; but in this model it is normal that all the clothes are not covered through the entire cycle and they don't want you to add more water. THIS IS INSANE! Lowes will not do anything unless a repair person tells them the washer is unrepairable. I even tried to get them to send out a manager from the local store. "They don't do that."
WP2008

Hello, We completely understand your frustrations. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist you further since you are in contact with your extended service provider. Any further concerns would need to be addressed through your Extended Service Provider.

Review
#1062022 Review #1062022 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Maytag Washer And Dryer Combination
Cons
  • Refuse to make good on product
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Trade this washer for a cheaper brand that has tall agitator & deep water option

Lowes in Columbus, Georgia - Special Ordering

2.0
We went into the stood and ordered a door online by using a sales rep at the store, we paid for the door at the cast register up front and went home. 10 days later we had not received a phone call letting us know when the door would be in so we called Lowes. They told us that they didn't see where the door had even been ordered (even though we paid for it) and that if we email them the receipt from purchasing the door they would reordered it. Instead of emailing it we drove back to Lowes (30 min one way) and spoke with a sales rep and a manager and they ordered the door again for us and set up a delivery date this time to have it delivered to the house. On the day that the door was suppose to be delivered (2 weeks after ordering it), we called Lowes to find out what time the door would be delivered and they told us that they did not see where the door had been ordered and that they would try to locate the door and let us know. This is beyond ridiculous!
philMcCrackin

Did ya'll hear about lowes new business model ? well what little customer service they do have is now getting farmed out to a call center so you can't complain to a store manager .

not only that but they are taking all the local contractor jobs floors , heating and air ,door installs and giving the installs to a company out of state !

that will be great service . on top of that all the deliveries will also be farmed out leaving no one accountable for damages to the product or home .

Product
Door
Order processing issue
Full refund
Featured

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9 days. They'd say they'd come at a certain day and time and never showed up, they offered excuses for everything e.g., "my truck doesn't run, my employee is injured, I can't find a plumber...". They had promised to be done in a month (in writing) but when they weren't they said "they weren't obligated by anything in the contract". Their work was terrible. The tile didn't line up, they mis-measured the shower pan, the grout was sloppy, they installed the shower door backward, there were screws missing on the safety grab bars, they didn't cover any of my furniture, and they actually put parts on our expensive white comforter. The shower door leaks, the tile is uneven, it's ugly!

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

while i can feel your pain in the issue you had there's one part about your complaint you should realize. you're slamming lowe's when it was the contractor who did the bad job you claim they did.

if lowe's wanted to do right by you they'd take care of it and fix it at no cost to you.

if they refuse to help THEN i'd recommend that you not shop there anymore. so again place blame where it's due in the first place.

@notgivingit

The customers contract is with Lowe’s. They didn’t hire the contractor, Lowe’s did. Lowe’s need to be the contact with the contractor and get the issues resolved.

Well mike thats not true at all lowes sets the price for the contractors and for the stereotype of all contractors are the same is wrong as well maybe this was a case of just a bad contractor

Mike_mn
@Anonymous

Nice to know. I stand corrected.

Mike_mn
#1320588

Big Box stores use contractors at the 'lowest bidder'. So, expect the most inexperienced contractors.

With the missing screws on the safety handles... this could be cause for litigation.

What would happen in you grabed them to steady yourself, the handle came off the wall, and you fell and injured yourself?

If they won;t fix it entirely... total removal and redue, then take them to court.

#1320473

Never use the big box stores for remodeling labor. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent contractors.

M.F3_a-z0-9

Sorry you got burned; TY for the heads up!

@M.F3_a-z0-9

Does anyone know of a person that has not been burned by Lowes.

View more comments (9)
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes in Columbus, Georgia - Worst customer service department clerk

Arrived at Lowe's to find one white lady at counter and black man at the opposite counter waiting for the only sales clerk on duty. As I continued to wait patiently in line an employee walk up and assisted the one customer, the black man, whom walked off following the employee. As the clerk continued to assist the lady in front of me, she walked to the opposite counter and began making phone calls meanwhile another black lady was also waiting in line behind me. For five to ten minutes we continue to wait and the clerk is still waiting on the telephone and then begins to assist the white customers walking up to the counter as we continue to wait in line. We then ask why was she assisting customers on one side who are all Caucasian and ignoring the fact that we African Americans had been in line for the last ten minutes waiting for service. The clerk then became rude and justifying why she is helping them while waiting on the telephone. We immediately asked to speak to the manager who then stated she wasn't present so she could not verify what we were saying was true but If it did happen she apologize as the clerk stood there with a smirk on her face as if the situation was funny.....our response look at the camera. I see nothing funny about your employing agency losing money because of the ignorant behavior of its employees.

So, no complaints against the black man, just the white woman who obviously was a racist and a bad person because she happened to be white. GROW UP AND GET A MORAL COMPASS!

The world is not out to get you because you are black. You are your own worse enemy and the only one in your way is yourself.

Define helping those other people. Was it just answering questions?

Definitely pretty difficult to ASSIST somebody while talking on the phone to ASSIST somebody else. This tells me that those others walked up yelled some *** question and rather than listen to those people sit there and bitchhh that employee answered their question and let them walk away.

Clearly there are just a bunch of jackasspeople in your town and min wage employees just trying to do their job.

One word: perspective.

View more comments (1)
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Manager Review from Cartersville, Georgia

Cartersville George store Karen associate I asked for help she told me she would help me within 5 to 10 minutes she was not back so I went to look for her or the product that I was looking for and found her flirting with a guy in appliances literally hanging all over him your employee should care more about the customers and not flirting with other associates we will no longer be doing business with Lowe's we have switched our contract but to Home Depot
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Covington, Georgia - Dump and run

5.0
I purchased a upright freezer from Lowes. They delivered it today. They had me sign off as they were bringing it in the house. They set it down, plugged it in and walked out. When I looked at the scid/feet it was sitting on (placed on the freezer so a hand truck or fork lift can be placed under it), I was told they leave that so that it will be level. I returned to the store to inquire if they were to actually set it up or just dump it off the truck and run. The sales assoc. assured me they were to have set it up... The sales assoc. has placed a order for them to return tomorrow to remove the protective feet and level it. Now, that's two days wasted dealing with poor customer service. I have purchased a dishwasher to be delivered and installed this coming week. I was also going to purchase a stove and fridge... I'm wondering if I should cancel the dishwasher purchase and look elsewhere for the other appliances?

I wouldnt get them. Never a good idea to let someone else do that for you. Let alone pay those ridiculous prices.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Customer Care Review

4.2
So I went to Lowe's yesterday myself a 50 year old retired woman and my 7 year old granddaughter period after walking up and down the same aisle for 15 minutes looking for a piece of plywood actually 6 pieces of plywood... 3 pass me in the aisle trying to look busy ... will not look my way so I find the counter in the construction aisle... Another man standing there sideways he refuses to acknowledge my presence so I walk out I will never return to Lowe's I have to drive 20 miles further to Home Depot but that's where I will shut from now on. You seen the commercial of the couple trying to find help to buy a washing machine in a store similar to Lowe's or Home Depot and their hollering hello hello and the echo is coming back at them that's exactly how I felt yesterday while I was walking out of the store past six or eight other employees chatting with each other on their phones nobody acknowledged my presence in the entire store I had a tape measure in my hand that I return to the aisle that I got it from in the proper location.

Lowe's is a self service home improvement store. Always has been. If you actually wanted an employee to help you, you should have shopped at the local lumber yards and hardware stores when they were begging for your business 30 years ago.

Lowes Customer Care Review

2.1
Lowes says it has a discount for veterans but when my wife to use her state issued VA card ( which is a emblem of a flag on her drivers license ) she was denied the discount. Lowes said it only takes VA issued cards. Funny most states, like Georgia now link the VA card with your DL so Lowes can say it offers a discount but doesn't have to hornor it.

Lowes in Kennesaw, Georgia - 2nd bad service situation with Lowe' s Delivery

About this time last year, I had an awful experience with Lowe's and with their delivery company. My refrigerator was supposed to be delivered between 12 - 4 and they got there at 9:00 pm. They took my refrigerator out and set up my new one, which had a huge ding in the stainless steel. When I pointed it out to them they said it was not a problem, they would replace the door later. When finished with the installation, they did not go over much with me on what to expect with the ice maker, water, etc, they just wanted out of my home. After 4 hours, no ice, after 8 hours no ice. Spoke with my Lowe's store who said they would send me another refrigerator, which they did and everything ended up ok - after several days, no ice and water during the Thanksgiving weekend! But the Marietta Lowe's did step up to the plate and got everything taken care of after a week!! Enter situation # 2 with Lowe's. I sold a home with a new refrigerator from Lowe's in it (oh, no). The new refrigerator did not work. The delivery people did NOT EVEN SHOW UP for the first repair call, so we scheduled a 2nd one but they earliest they had was almost a week later. They were 2 hours late on the 2nd one, said it was a Freon leak which they could not fix, changed their mind and said they had to order a part which would take 2 weeks to get in. We contacted the manager of the CONYER's LOWE's, who was having a new refrigerator delivered on Sunday, September 18.They were calling on the night of the 17th to tell us when it would be delivered - NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN!! At 3:00 on the 18th, when we had not heard from Lowe's STILL, we found out they sold the one slated for our delivery and it would now be the 22nd before they could get us another one. Really, Lowe's? How horrible! There is a young Buyer in a home without a refrigerator at all and you expect him to wait 2 weeks to be able to have food and drinks in his house? Please SPREAD THE WORD that this company does not use reputable delivery people, they do not care about your inconvenience and you are not valuable to them in anyway except on the initial purchase! Once you have paid, you are DEAD TO THEM!!
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Awful very unprofessional and uncaring
Reason of review
Poor cust svc, delivery issues
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered