State: Georgia Clear all filters (11 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
Lowes - Washer and Dryer Deliver - Can't Be This Difficult
Lowes - Washer and Dryer Deliver - Can't Be This Difficult
My wife and I came into our Loews to purchase a washer and dryer, seems simple, BUT! We were told sorry, but the Washer and Dryer you need is not available in the McDonough, GA store. We were given two other stores Newnan and Stockbridge to call for dryer and washer....
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Sence of urgency family days without w &d and counting
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Non Caring
Lowes - Botched Door Installation and They Want Me to Buy a New One!!!!
I'm going to try to make a long story short. We purchased a door from this Lowe's location- front door, side glass, and storm door. Recently, water damage started appearing on the door and the floors (my husband had tried to caulk it because we assumed there was a leak...
Lowes Door Installation

Lowes in Cartersville, Georgia - Sloppy work

2.6
Lowes - Sloppy work
Lowes - Sloppy work
Poor work. gutters damaged trash left in yard. Piece of old roof left hanging in gutter. I took 2 pictures there are lots more damage trash.
OutlyingZorse

Who was the roofing contractor? Was it Ozark Roofing by chance? We have recently gotten the shaft by Lowe's.

Lowes Roof Installation
Poor customer service

Lowes in Milledgeville, Georgia - Misleading sales in store

2.5
Lowes - Misleading sales in store
Asked to speaker department manager about prices. His comment to me was cooperate handles prices. If I have a problem with it this why LOWES has lawyers on lawyers for problems like this and walked away
FrozenToucan675

Misleading install date date. When I paid for install date, sales tep added two weeks to contact.

When I questioned it, she said its just an estimate. I was told install would be 4-8.

Rcvd a call from installers on 4-3 stating earlest they could install was three weeks from 4-3. So, just Know you will not get what you contract and pay for!

He is correct. Corporate sets the prices.

Most clearance signs will say "up to 50% off". This case could be a signage issue. Which is still through Corporate. I suggest calming down and ask a little more nicely.

Some stores are willing to work with prices. But you have to understand that they are trying to make a profit and getting rid of clearance items at the same time.

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue
Featured

Lowes in Snellville, Georgia - Whirlpool refrigerator

2.5
Lowes - Whirlpool refrigerator
Purchased refrigerator on March 3, 2018. It is not cooling....had so much food spoilage..can only get refund for spoilage if i provide receipt for purchases. Who keeps their supermarket bills. Called WHIRLPOOL HEADQUARTERS...very rude customer service, and only because i purchased the warranty i am getting repairs done for a $1400 appliance not a replacement. WHY!!! WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCE AGAIN. Buyer beware.

What brand of appliances do you think you will be able to buy in the future that will replace a defective appliance rather than repairing it?

We have a very similiar model Whirlpool with similiar problems. Have to keep on coldest setting to keep get temp tp 41. Several service calls, ended up buying extended warranty after 4 repair calls in 1st 3 months.

WP2008

Hello! We are terribly sorry to hear of your concern with your Refrigerator.

If you could please email us at Whirlpool_Digital@Whirlpool.com with your contact information (Phone number and complete address) along with the model and serial number, we would be happy to look into this matter further for you. Thank you, Whirlpool Social Care.

@WP2008

Lol - they aren’t going to help you - lol - they only responded because they want other people to think that they are interested in helping you- lmfao

#1462049

The warranty covers repair, not replacement, thats why. Have you ever bought a car?

They don't give you a new car if the transmission fails a month after you bought it, they repair it. You will find the warranties on most expensive products covers repair, not replacement.

@Anonymous

Damaged or defective

Lowes in Rincon, Georgia - Major Home Renovation Disaster

3.5
Lowes - Major Home Renovation Disaster
Lowe's Rincon Ga. In the beginning I was given permission to record. Contract signed 1/27/2017 Displaced from home since 3/13/2017- current. I have recordings of being told .1.) In my house being told No you cannot have another contractor do the work. This is before the second floor is put in. 2.) told to sign off on a floor that work was not completed if I don't he will. I have 6 hours and 30 minutes of recordings about my renovation with store management. Included are pictures of the 5th subcontractor's work; of first contractor and this is the second floor that was laid. Pictures: 1.) Line popped as guide to keep everything square. It is hand drawn with a pencil. This is front door ( 2.) 2" sheet rock screw grouted in (3.) 2 of 8 tiles marked shows hollow areas. This is guest bath entry. (4.) Kitchen in front of cabinets. (5.) Second subcontractor; of first contractor wired whirlpool heater and pump to smoke detectors each need dedicated circuits. Code violation and voids warranty on tub. (6.) Removal of first floor marked area that chipped on removal.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Poor customer service
Featured

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9 days. They'd say they'd come at a certain day and time and never showed up, they offered excuses for everything e.g., "my truck doesn't run, my employee is injured, I can't find a plumber...". They had promised to be done in a month (in writing) but when they weren't they said "they weren't obligated by anything in the contract". Their work was terrible. The tile didn't line up, they mis-measured the shower pan, the grout was sloppy, they installed the shower door backward, there were screws missing on the safety grab bars, they didn't cover any of my furniture, and they actually put parts on our expensive white comforter. The shower door leaks, the tile is uneven, it's ugly!

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

while i can feel your pain in the issue you had there's one part about your complaint you should realize. you're slamming lowe's when it was the contractor who did the bad job you claim they did.

if lowe's wanted to do right by you they'd take care of it and fix it at no cost to you.

if they refuse to help THEN i'd recommend that you not shop there anymore. so again place blame where it's due in the first place.

@notgivingit

The customers contract is with Lowe’s. They didn’t hire the contractor, Lowe’s did. Lowe’s need to be the contact with the contractor and get the issues resolved.

Well mike thats not true at all lowes sets the price for the contractors and for the stereotype of all contractors are the same is wrong as well maybe this was a case of just a bad contractor

Mike_mn
@Anonymous

Nice to know. I stand corrected.

Mike_mn
#1320588

Big Box stores use contractors at the 'lowest bidder'. So, expect the most inexperienced contractors.

With the missing screws on the safety handles... this could be cause for litigation.

What would happen in you grabed them to steady yourself, the handle came off the wall, and you fell and injured yourself?

If they won;t fix it entirely... total removal and redue, then take them to court.

#1320473

Never use the big box stores for remodeling labor. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent contractors.

M.F3_a-z0-9

Sorry you got burned; TY for the heads up!

@M.F3_a-z0-9

Does anyone know of a person that has not been burned by Lowes.

View more comments (9)
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!

Lowes - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!
It took us 3 years to make a final decision on getting someone to do our deck. We signed a contract on May 3, 2014 with Lowes to get our deck done. We had very clear instructions on what we wanted; it is July 28, 2014 and we have yet to receive that deck. Lowes subcontracted their companies to do the work which is fine. However, if the service is going to be mediocre that is a problem. The first contractors went over everything with us and when it was time to get started, they were running behind and when they arrived, there was no project manager only the workers that only spoke Spanish. They were asking my husband what were they supposed to be doing?? Really, aren't they supposed to know? Also, they came to our home with someone else's plans not ours. My husband sent them away and we requested them to get another company that could handle the job. It took them weeks to resolve that issue, now we have the second company, they have torn down the deck, we had a dumpster in our driveway for a week, it was full so they took it away. But, they had more stuff to go in the dumpster and it is sitting in my driveway for the 2nd week now. It is a mess and no one has answers, they will not call us, we contact them. We have been getting the run around since we signed this contract. They come to work when they decide to we have had to tell the same people over and over again how we want our deck and I am so over it! I am so unhappy about how this has been handled! This deck is over $8000!!! When we try to get someone on the phone we get transferred and we have people telling us that it is not their responsibility. I will never deal with this company again!

Only fools have Home Depot or Lowes build it for them. Hire your own contractor that way you know exactly what your getting and can hold that contractor accountable.

Going to a big box store and expecting stuff to get done is ignorant, corporate makes it impossible for employees to get stuff done at the store level. They also hire inexperienced people so they have lower expectations and can pay them less.

They do not hire carpenters, plumbers or electricians. It's all random people off the street with limited building experience.

@SharkNasty

Only a fool assumes that I only spoke with one contractor. I have spoken to many people and Lowes did not request half of the money upfront.

Now that is foolish to give a stranger half upfront. I can still hold Lowes accountable how foolish are you to think that I can't! I don't know why people think that others are cheaper! That is so not true.

I put this out to vent, I don't need your advice! I got this! I will definitely handle it at the end.

Big companies like Lowes has a lot to lose, do you work for them because you seem to think you know much about how they work. Are you one of the idiots that is handling the project??

This is why you hire your own contractor. When you go to Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your project.

Take the time to interview and investigate your own contractor. You will also save money.

Lowes marks up whatever the contractor is charging them. Put that money in your pocket and have control over the project at the same time.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Columbus, Georgia - Botched range installation

Lowes - Botched range installation
Purchased a range and microwave in December. Installer COMPLETELY butchered the counter top when installing. Finally, after about 30 phone calls, negotiations and haggling....I received compensation for the cost of new counter tops....BUT NEVER AN APOLOGY! It was constantly a "I'm waiting to hear back from them" answer. No sense of urgency on their part. Terrible customer service!! See for yourself....it's HORRENDOUS!! This was an installation that cost me $350, done by a "professional". It will now cost me approx $1000 to install new granite counter tops. I won't every go to Lowe's again...and I've made sure all my friends know too!

Lowes is s great company . They should be suing you .

Since when is grantic made with wood such as your 50 plus years old counter tops .

You really should not have included the pictures . Just made yourself look *** .

Lowes should have told you no. Then when you get the better end of the deal you still are not happy.

That old junky counter top to Granite, pathetic. Oh and the issue wasn't the installer it was the fact your counter tops are at least 30 years old if not 40+

Those are laminate countertops in the picture. I know because we had the same exact counters in another house we lived in.

I understand being dissatisfied about damage being done to your home (we got no compensation or apology...in fact, we got victimized further by a large name plumbing company); however, I believe in being fair about complaints and what you expect.

The value of laminate and the value of granite largely differ and if they gave you granite countertops to replace laminate countertops and no apology and you have to put out 1,000 for installation then I'd be satisfied because those granite countertops add value to your home.

Your getting new granite counter tops?

In the picture is not new counter tops

much-less granite!

Why you griping?

Are you kidding?... I can't believe LOWES even went along with *fixing* anything on that awful looking countertop.

Now you have a NEW MARBLE countertop?... I think you got lucky! Lowes should have laughed in your face! YOU DEFRAUDED THEM!

HELLO? :eek :upset :cry :(

@WHATEVA

Right now Whateva, that counter top pictured is 20-30yrs old (***) press wood lam. You probably told the installed it was ok to damage it cause you were replacing it always.

And decided to Defraud LOWES. Shame on you.

Looks like African American work to me. No need to give Lowes a bad name :grin

I think Loews needs a website for *** customers. that counter top is over 50 yrs old and hand contact paper over top of it. I am Pissed at you, I do this kind of work and would have refused to install a new stove to that piece of *** top.you screwed all of us not just Lowes :(

That is laughable. I don't think they owe you a thousand dollars.

Wow...I don't think that cheap counter is even laminate! Shame on you!

The only reason you got that money was because Lowes didn't want the aggravation of whipping your butt in court! Your counter was messed up & u deserved an apology, but you did NOT deserve that much money!!!!

Why are you complaining about an apology when you just raped Lowes into a granite countertop when you only deserved to get laminate as it shows in your picture. Installing a range would not "butcher" granite.

You do not deserve an apology for what you just swindled, you should be ashamed. And what's even worse, they probably passed that new countertop price onto the countertops company and they were not at fault. You disgust me.

It's people like you that take advantage of the retail industry by trying to get stuff for free, thus rising the price on the rest of us and putting sub-contractors out of business. Please respond to this, please.

@????

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!! SOOOOO obvious!!! OMG!!

This post is confusing. You said you needed to pay $1,000 for new granite countertops, while your photos show laminate counters. Granted, the installer should not have been more careful, however those are not granite counters.

View more comments (12)
Lowes Installation

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2445 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes sold defective Frigidaire Freezer
We bought a FRIGIDAIRE freezer that was delivered July 19, 2011. Followed cooling instructions to prepare to freeze. Picked up a steer we had processed (600lbs) and put in freezer on July 21, 2011. Everything froze fine, I got hamburger out of it once and a roast on Saturday, July 23, 2011. All was well until today, July 30, 2011. Opened the freezer to get steak out and meat was thawed, blood on everything it was still cold and the bottom portion was still somewhat frozen. Called Lowes who put me through to the warranty department. They could not send anyone out until next Tuesday. Lowes wouldn't bring us another freezer or let us pick one up today to hopefully save some of the meat. Went to Sears purchased a Kenmore and am taking the bloody, stinking freezer back to Lowes. Long story short after 11 days the freezer thawed around 300lbs of meat. Won't buy another Frigidaire product and done shopping at Lowes!

I think Kenmore is made by frigidaire.check it out.

Sochale -

As the rep from Electrolux has taken credit for - the freezer was made by them, not Lowe's. I hope you enjoy the Kenmore freezer, most likely made by Electrolux (Kenmore doesn't make anything). Another bright consumer.

I apologize for the inconvenience and concerns this unit and customer service received from Lowe's has been causing you. I would like to further assist you but in order to do so, will you please email me directly at Chris.Polk@Electrolux.com with your unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number and date of purchase of the unit? When you send the email please make sure to have "HELP CENTER" somewhere in the subject line for tracking purposes. This way I can create a footprint in our system when the account is created. You will have proof of our correspondence and if you ever need to reference it in the future you will have a reference number.

Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look forward to further resolving this matter.

Chris Polk