State: Georgia City: Atlanta Clear all filters (38 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: Will not stand behind warranty

I have bought approximately $10,000 worth of appliances with Lowes. They sell you a extended warranty and won't stand behind it. I will never buy anything from them ever again! When I called to get service they could not find a repair company out. When they said they would send a company out the company never showed up. I called back and they said the company didn't service the area. I waited all day. No one ever called to tell me the company did not service the area. They sent out another company and they didn't show up at the right time. They were late. The worst company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

Dear Heartless,

I appreciate your feedback. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Lowes are their own warranty company. They have the their own warranty division. It has been over a year so the extended warranty company did kick in. I will try the manufacture.

Thank you for your input.

I still would not recommend buying anything from them. This is not the first time I have had trouble with them.

Extended warranties do not start until the manufactures warranty ends. I highly recommend calling the manufacture first even if you think the warranty is up they can generally help you a lot quicker and more efficiently than any retail store....

And it sounds to me like the issue is the repair shops, not LOWES... Lowes does not do repairs so it's contracted out they cannot help if the place they ask for help does a POOR JOB....

Be PlSSED AT the repair shop.... Lowes clearly has tried you tool.....

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Warranty
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes Troy-built mower tried to screw me 3 times and counting

Bought a Troy-built zero turn mower at the lowes in shelbyville Ky on 8-9-12 they tried to charge me $200.00 more than the tag attached to the mower. They claimed that the price was $2,799.00 not $2,599.00. After telling them they have it out front for $2599.00 and waiting 10-15 min for someone to go outside twice and bring the sign in they sold it to me for the $2599.00. They tried to sell me a two year warranty and when I asked how long the MFG warranty was they told me "1 year" and this warranty would make it two years. (Remember that point). I declined the warranty and took the mower home. With the dry hot weather I only used it 3 times until end of Oct. While mowing end of Oct the drive belt fell off twice and I put it back on and finished mowing. The next time I mowed Nov. it came off again and while putting it back on I noticed that the Cheap soft plastic cooling fan blades had been hitting the belt and melted the tips of the fan into hook shapes that pulled the belt off ever time you start the mower. Took it in to Lowes and explained the problem to them and they agreed that it was probably a MFG issue but I would have to pay the first $210 dollars of the repair. I asked them what kind of warranty this mower had and they told me a 1 year defect for the second time. Told them to fix it but would not be paying them for the work and called the 1-888-77lowes number and explained the issue to them. They assured me that this was not the case and would resolve it for me. Before leaving the store on 11-10-12. I asked about how long it would take to get it back and they told me about a week. Even I didn't think it would happen. I called to check on it on 11-15-12 and I was told that it would not be ready until Thursday the 22nd and someone would call when it was ready. I didn't think of it at the time but that was Thanksgiving day. Guess I was just being put off by someone to lazy to actually check on it. After waiting another two weeks 12-1-12 I had enough and went to the store and checked on it. After 10 Min's of waiting the Customer service teenager told me it was not back yet and someone would call me when it was ready. "No, I want my money refunded and get the store manager for me" With a snotty attitude she told me "She's the one who told me to tell you that". Again I told her "Get your store manager I want a refund." After a few more Min's a woman comes to the desk and starts to tell me that it was not ready. I asked her if she was the store manager and she replied "No I'm a Manager" again asked for the store manager. Five more Min's and I get The store manager. After explaining all of this to him and the fact the mower has a two year warranty not a one year warranty as I had been told 2 times. I have had my fill of the lies, attempts to cheat me out of money and the laziness of his employees to even check if it was ready. I explained at this point I only want my money refunded in full and not as any type of in-store credit. His response was I can't do anything until I find out if it is actually a Warranty issue. And If it was I would get it refunded on Monday. For some reason I don't think its going to be that easy. Any takers on this. I bet I'm back on here posting how they are giving me more BS.

There's so much fail in this post that I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, the one year warranty is through Troy Bilt, NOT Lowe's. By bringing it there you essentially are going to pay for a third party company to fix it. Lowes doesn't fix it. You should have called Troy Bilt ad they would have fixed everything for you.

And second, your entire tone is just so condescending, although, ironically, you come off like a complete *** and ***. You realize that if you go into these types of situations with a more positive attitude you'll get better results, right? You probably went in there screaming like a lunatic. If you went in there calmly, they would have been much more helpful, guaranteed. You sound older, but it seems you still haven't learned the basic rules of human interaction and grace under fire.

Lowes Tuscaloosa AL Manager is Rude

We purchased a box of sale flooring needing one more box and were told by salesman that other Lowes had to honor sales price. They told us to call manager at Tuscaloosa, AL Lowes, close to us, and gave us the person's name and phone number. It took nearly 2 weeks of calling to finally get the man on the phone. He never attempted to returned one of our 6 messages left. We went by after work and he was never in. The flooring sold out. His response was "you could have talked to one of the other managers", and "you are welcome to purchase the flooring in another city at full price plus shipping charges." First, Lowes ---- not everyone knows you have more than one store manager!!! Second --- it is really rude to not return customer phone calls and messages. Lowes - if you are serious about customer service, not wanting to *** off customers, don't hire people like this, and make them a manager!!! Signed, pissed off customer.

Retail Cops Suck just like Fun Cops!

Judson

I'll tell Lowe's that you are looking for him and you are upset because YOU weren't prepared for YOUR project. Why does everybody think a manager gives two f@%^$ about your "problem"?

What did you expect him to do? Let me guess....Pay a driver to go get the product. Also, you expected him to pay for the diesel for a truck that might get 8 mpg!! I know, I know...you spend thousands of dollars with Lowe's so this should be done for you.

One more self entitled consumer!!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

@Judson

Lol, new someone would sound off revealing themselves as a ***. The manager at this location is horrible and rude.

Its why I took my business to home depot. And I do about $22000 a month as a GC!

Tags
  • shipping charges

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: Change in minimum payment

I had a Lowes credit card but never used it. I was given the 5% discount on whatever I purchased at Lowes. My stove went out and I purchased one with a total of $400.00. Minimum payment was $15.00, so I paid $30. Their interest rate are 24.99%. I wanted to pay this off as soon as possible. I made the $30.00 payment for 3 months. My next bill stated my "minimum payment" was now $25.00 per month! Lowes raised my minimum payment to keep me from paying off the balance quickly. When I called their office and asked about it, I was told "they had a meeting" and decided to change the payment amount, however, Lowes fail to tell me about it and I but none of their other customers!
Nicole

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 072012_pc_Anonymous**

We would like to look into this issue. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

Lowes @ store level has nothing to do with raising payments or anything to do with credit changes. That's all the credit centers doing. U must have other purchases you made and increased ur balance therfore increasing ur minimum payment.

Patrick

if your next bill stated that the minimum was raised then obviously they did tell you. and why is a $25 minimum too much if you were already paying $30 anyway?

So you want to pay it off as quickly as possible, so you make $30 payments? Why not make $100 or $200 payments then?

How does raising your minimum payment keep you from paying off the purchase quickly? Raising your minimum payment will force you to pay it off more quickly and pay less interest.

View more comments (4)

Lowes

Speaking about Lowes in Thomasville,Ga. Poor service! went in to get building supplies for bathroom remodelling .purchased several thousand of dollars.Could not get any help to get items needed in plumbing department to answer my questions. Nor could I get help getting the items to counter and no one assisted getting things loaded,no one said if you put this on your Lowes Card you could get another 5% discount. That would have been a good amount of savings!What does Lowes teach when hired?You need to teach the consumer pays your wages! Try to help them more.Also on the display was some matching assosories,towel rack tissue dispensery etc. no more in stock .We ask if we could have the one's on display and was told no.Wanted you top buy more expensive products that would not match.

Seems like you must have had good enough service to be willing to spend several thousand dollars there. If the service was so bad, why did you spend your money there instead of walking out the door and going elsewhere?

big b

when these employees get hired, they get taught not to deal with people like you

big b

Nobody cares how much u spent. every customer spends thousands.

load it yourself lazy person.the vendor probably owns that display.

you whine a lot. shop at home depot

Review
#319191 Review #319191 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes order online 20 minute guaranetee Sucks!

I shop at the Lowe's Of S Dekalb-lithonia, GA Store # 2232. I ordered four items, went to the movies, got something to eat with the children and then went to Lowes to pick up my order. They hadn't pulled my order. At this time, I'm very upset because all the years of them matching my paint wrong, not pulling their online orders and the HORRIBLE customer service when something does go wrong (Trent - Ast. Manager) came front and center. I canceled the order and canceled my Lowes consumer credit account. Not one more cent from me!

Yeah right you have already been back

@Anonymous

Don't worry it was only because of the location but I've started give Home Depot my business. They need to get rid of most of you sorry people their.

You guys have NO customer service skills.

If you ordered online and the items were not ready for pickup within 30 minutes, Lowes is suppose to give you a giftcard for 25.00.

Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: Lowe's attempts prostitution to make a sale.

First to explain, I head up a Contractor's Network through my church in Kennesaw, GA. We in the congregation take things such as integrity, honesty, and fidelity VERY seriously. Every wedding, baptism, and funeral is a community event and all of those who work with us are members of our church, or friends of members of our congregation of like faith and belief. The actions of a woman at the Lowe's location I will mention, and the action/inaction of the location AND corporate management afterward has ruined the reputation of this company for good. One afternoon in mid to late February, an associate of mine and I visited Lowes #0615,10580 Duke Dr., in Alpharetta, GA to compare prices on materials for a major project my contractor network was to start within the next couple of weeks. Since this particular location was closest to one of the job sites (there are three sites in all for the same client), we went in to do our research. As my associate went to cover a different department, I went directly to Commercial Services. I was met by Amanda - who WAS knowledgeable in what I was looking for. However, when I stated that we were there for comparative shopping and not to buy at that moment, she became quite irritated, pushy to secure and make the sale then and there, and very rude. My associate finished his rounds and joined us as I was explaining (for the third time) that I was only there to gather information. It was then and there when Amanda leaned in and asked "What would it take to get you to secure your purchase here, today, and now? I'll do anything to ensure you both leave happy and with everything you'd both want as men." I excused myself and suggested that it was time to leave. As we walked away, I overheard this woman utter an expletive that was directly related to what she intended to do to secure the sale. A few moments later, while we were in the parking lot, I answering a phone call and my associate looking up our next destination, Amanda made a point to drive her vehicle past us, wave an obscene hand gesture at us, then speed away. A couple of days after, I tried phoning the store manager to file a formal complaint. I was left on hold for about fifteen to twenty minutes, then rudely asked for my phone number and what exactly the nature of the call was. After I gave the specifics, I was then hung up on and never heard back. I then e-mailed Customer Service via the address on the Lowe's website. That was two weeks ago. I have since been asked to repeat my story THREE times to three different individuals and then asked to provide all sorts of unnecessary information that has nothing to do with my complaint. It's obvious that, in spite of all the complaints online in dozens of sites such as this, that Lowe's doesn't care about customer satisfaction or the damage their employees are doing to a company with an already tarnished reputation.

There isn't even anyone by the name Amanda employed at that store.

Now that's what I call employee commitment.

Are you reallllllyyyyyy sure it happened like that? Or, where the fires of *** barking at your door for learing a bit to much in her direction!

Or, perhaps you did a 'Jim Baker', and need to humiliate her because she refused your advances?

Very improbable.

I'm sure if the associate's name was Bob and he asked what would it take to close the sale, you would tell him about the fires of h e l l that await homosexuals.

Yes it is standard proceedure for people like amanda to suggest her body for a sale. It is part of the training in the retail model.

"If the customer is fact finding get rude then run out a jump in your car and fly them the bird while speeding" That was the first policy they make them sign.

Handed down by the head pimp and ceo of the south side. For being with a church you sure are a good story teller.

Your assumptions of Amandas are untrue. All she wanted to do was secure a sale.

If it meant giving you a discount, talking to the store manager to get a deal set up depending upon how much you were purchasing, etc.

She is there to do a job and nothing else. Get your mind out of the gutter and grow up.

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: Lowe's Next day delivery JOKE!!!

Purchased a Whirlpool side by side on Saturday, they wouldn't deliver until the following Saturday (& we live in a small town). That's one week not next day. So, my husband and I couldn't wait and rented a Uhaul. We have 3 kids, one that needs refrigerated medication. Brought the fridge home in the Uhaul on Sun, husband and neighbor scratched the top of the fridge door bringing it in (never would have happened if their people delivered it next day) So Lowe's contacts me with an offer of a $50 gift card. What about the $100 for the Uhaul, $600 for a new door since it was scratched? You say "next day" delivery...joke! Never again will I purchase from them I am beyond pissed and unsatisfied.
Scarface

If it says next day, it should mean next day! They had medical needs.

Can you people read Or are some of these commentors complete idiots? I think the latter.

You have some nerve. Your husband damaged something and you expect the store to pay for it?

Be thankful you got the $50. I would not have given you squat

OK so they told you before you paid for it that it would be 1 week before they could deliver right? Its their fault you decided to rent a Uhaul?

and YOU scratched it and you blame them? I suppose you are one of the "people of walmart" get a life.

Product
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: Horrible valspar paint

My husband and I purchased Valspar low odor one coat paint to paint our small den. The smell is horrible! It also does NOT cover in one coat. The den was antique white, and we went to a desert color which is at least two shades darker than the previous paint color. It took two full coats to cover these walls. We will never purchase this paint again! Lowes needs to check these complaints out! We did talk with the manager at Lowes in the Greer store, and she said they had had no complaints. I will now inform her of this website!

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our products. I would like to assist both you with the problems you are experiencing. Please contact me directly at tdunne@valspar.com or by phone at 978-463-2412. I look forward to working with you.

Thom Dunne

Consumer & Customer Relations Manager

Valspar

Lowes Manager
The Loews Department store on Dickerson Road in Nashville did not key locks to my two new doors costing over $1,000. They kept the key to my front door on a Friday to re-key the new locks by and asked me to pick my key up on the following Monday. I did after paying...

People that don't know what they are talking about cause a lot of problems.

View more comments