State: Georgia City: Atlanta Product: Lowes Manager Clear all filters (9 of 297 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Return of storage item

Lowe’s considered my storage item a Christmas item and would not let me return it. It wasn’t large enough and I have no use for it.

I'd be willing to bet your "storage item" was for something to do with Christmas like a tree box, wrapping paper container, ornament box or something made to store Christmas decorations. These items are sold only at Christmas time and would be covered by their seasonal policy just like any other Christmas item.

Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!

Lowes - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!
It took us 3 years to make a final decision on getting someone to do our deck. We signed a contract on May 3, 2014 with Lowes to get our deck done. We had very clear instructions on what we wanted; it is July 28, 2014 and we have yet to receive that deck. Lowes subcontracted their companies to do the work which is fine. However, if the service is going to be mediocre that is a problem. The first contractors went over everything with us and when it was time to get started, they were running behind and when they arrived, there was no project manager only the workers that only spoke Spanish. They were asking my husband what were they supposed to be doing?? Really, aren't they supposed to know? Also, they came to our home with someone else's plans not ours. My husband sent them away and we requested them to get another company that could handle the job. It took them weeks to resolve that issue, now we have the second company, they have torn down the deck, we had a dumpster in our driveway for a week, it was full so they took it away. But, they had more stuff to go in the dumpster and it is sitting in my driveway for the 2nd week now. It is a mess and no one has answers, they will not call us, we contact them. We have been getting the run around since we signed this contract. They come to work when they decide to we have had to tell the same people over and over again how we want our deck and I am so over it! I am so unhappy about how this has been handled! This deck is over $8000!!! When we try to get someone on the phone we get transferred and we have people telling us that it is not their responsibility. I will never deal with this company again!

Only fools have Home Depot or Lowes build it for them. Hire your own contractor that way you know exactly what your getting and can hold that contractor accountable.

Going to a big box store and expecting stuff to get done is ignorant, corporate makes it impossible for employees to get stuff done at the store level. They also hire inexperienced people so they have lower expectations and can pay them less.

They do not hire carpenters, plumbers or electricians. It's all random people off the street with limited building experience.

@SharkNasty

Only a fool assumes that I only spoke with one contractor. I have spoken to many people and Lowes did not request half of the money upfront.

Now that is foolish to give a stranger half upfront. I can still hold Lowes accountable how foolish are you to think that I can't! I don't know why people think that others are cheaper! That is so not true.

I put this out to vent, I don't need your advice! I got this! I will definitely handle it at the end.

Big companies like Lowes has a lot to lose, do you work for them because you seem to think you know much about how they work. Are you one of the idiots that is handling the project??

This is why you hire your own contractor. When you go to Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your project.

Take the time to interview and investigate your own contractor. You will also save money.

Lowes marks up whatever the contractor is charging them. Put that money in your pocket and have control over the project at the same time.

Loss

Lowes Tuscaloosa AL Manager is Rude

We purchased a box of sale flooring needing one more box and were told by salesman that other Lowes had to honor sales price. They told us to call manager at Tuscaloosa, AL Lowes, close to us, and gave us the person's name and phone number. It took nearly 2 weeks of calling to finally get the man on the phone. He never attempted to returned one of our 6 messages left. We went by after work and he was never in. The flooring sold out. His response was "you could have talked to one of the other managers", and "you are welcome to purchase the flooring in another city at full price plus shipping charges." First, Lowes ---- not everyone knows you have more than one store manager!!! Second --- it is really rude to not return customer phone calls and messages. Lowes - if you are serious about customer service, not wanting to *** off customers, don't hire people like this, and make them a manager!!! Signed, pissed off customer.

Retail Cops Suck just like Fun Cops!

Judson

I'll tell Lowe's that you are looking for him and you are upset because YOU weren't prepared for YOUR project. Why does everybody think a manager gives two f@%^$ about your "problem"?

What did you expect him to do? Let me guess....Pay a driver to go get the product. Also, you expected him to pay for the diesel for a truck that might get 8 mpg!! I know, I know...you spend thousands of dollars with Lowe's so this should be done for you.

One more self entitled consumer!!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

@Judson

Lol, new someone would sound off revealing themselves as a ***. The manager at this location is horrible and rude.

Its why I took my business to home depot. And I do about $22000 a month as a GC!

Tags
  • shipping charges

Lowes order online 20 minute guaranetee Sucks!

I shop at the Lowe's Of S Dekalb-lithonia, GA Store # 2232. I ordered four items, went to the movies, got something to eat with the children and then went to Lowes to pick up my order. They hadn't pulled my order. At this time, I'm very upset because all the years of them matching my paint wrong, not pulling their online orders and the HORRIBLE customer service when something does go wrong (Trent - Ast. Manager) came front and center. I canceled the order and canceled my Lowes consumer credit account. Not one more cent from me!

Yeah right you have already been back

@Anonymous

Don't worry it was only because of the location but I've started give Home Depot my business. They need to get rid of most of you sorry people their.

You guys have NO customer service skills.

If you ordered online and the items were not ready for pickup within 30 minutes, Lowes is suppose to give you a giftcard for 25.00.

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Horrible valspar paint

My husband and I purchased Valspar low odor one coat paint to paint our small den. The smell is horrible! It also does NOT cover in one coat. The den was antique white, and we went to a desert color which is at least two shades darker than the previous paint color. It took two full coats to cover these walls. We will never purchase this paint again! Lowes needs to check these complaints out! We did talk with the manager at Lowes in the Greer store, and she said they had had no complaints. I will now inform her of this website!

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our products. I would like to assist both you with the problems you are experiencing. Please contact me directly at tdunne@valspar.com or by phone at 978-463-2412. I look forward to working with you.

Thom Dunne

Consumer & Customer Relations Manager

Valspar

Lowes Manager
The Loews Department store on Dickerson Road in Nashville did not key locks to my two new doors costing over $1,000. They kept the key to my front door on a Friday to re-key the new locks by and asked me to pick my key up on the following Monday. I did after paying...

People that don't know what they are talking about cause a lot of problems.

View more comments
Lowes Manager

Columbus, ms workers at lowes are low down.

8/20/11 i went to Lowe's in Columbus, ms. and asked for help !!! i am a divorced woman and my 80 yr. old mother lives with me. our air conditioner went out .. as i have learned it was a fuse in the past. i took the whole fuse holder to Lowe's and i found the fuses that i needed and then i asked for help to make sure that i had the right one... the if you wanta call him thatan employee went and checked and yes , i had the right ones.. i was gonna get two packs... i asked him could he check the ones that were in the holder and he said no... i ask him if i bought the thing that checked it would he help me and he said no... i asked for the manager ... i asked him the same thing and he said no..... if i buy something why cant they help me with it??????? that is what is wrong with this country ....folks don't won't to help others or do their jobs. it is so sad for management to be so low down. i see now where the name lowes comes from

You being divorced, your mothers age, or who lives with you, has NOTHING to do with your purchase at LOWES. If you go to a STORE to make a purchase, it us up to YOU to use that item for its intent, after the purchase.

If you need a handyman, hire a HANDYMAN. You wanted/paid for fuses, and got a salesman to sell you fuses. When you go to the grocery store do you expect the cashier to go home and cook the food for you also? The "problem" is NOT people not wanting to do their jobs, it people thinking they know what retail employees jobs are!

How many years did you work for Lowes? I misses that part.

Did you ask the manager if or who they could suggest, and the cost, of the installation department, or just expect to pay for 73% ground beef and get Prime Cut Steak? Duh!

They were doing their job. It is to help you find the product.

It is not their job to install parts, even something as simple as a fuse. The reason they won't put the fuse in for you is the legal system in our country.

If anything had happened to your air conditioner after you put the fuse holder with the fuses they put in it you would have no problem finding a lawyer who would gladly take Lowes to court and try to get you a bundle of money (of course they would take their cut as well). It is not worth the risk of a lawsuit to help people any more.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Rude and unwilling

I work for a large church and am the Executive Director of one of its Ministry's. Approximatly April the 25th I went into the store and purchased several items including item #44125 a outside light. Approximatly 4 weeks went by and we used everything and decided that the light was not the correct one we needed. I was going to run down to the Lowe's and exchange it for the correct one. I was told I would have to wait for the manager on duty and waited for about 15 to 20 minutes for him to arrive. When he did show up he was rude and I proceeded to tell him that all I wanted to do was exchange the light brand new still in the box so I could get the correct one. He ask me when I bought it and I told him about when it was purchased and that it was paid for by check. He proceeded to tell me that he had looked and that light was not purchased at that time and he did not believe I purchashed that light from his store. The box has the store number right on it and he never walked over to a computer to look at anything. He proceeded to tell me he was not going to do anything for me. In short Lowes has lost my business forever Darell Adams Owensboro Kentucky

Didn't your god tell you to take the receipt with you?

Loss

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Very rude in the paint department

I have went to lowes hardware in va for years and never had so much of a problem from one individual, as i did today. Hers how it started i had bought some paint "the best" as told by the employee, well as i had some problems with the coverage. i called and the lady was very rude to me as was her associate in the backgroud she was telling her "she didnt want to talk to me or she would holler at me" Well needless to say she was more less calling me a liar, so i called the store manager he then told me to bring the paint back, which i told him and he said he would talk to the associate, needless to say i will not return to the paint dept at lowes again, id rather get my pain some other place, more curtious ppl. youd think with a big sale they would be friendlier.

It is customer like you that put a big pain in the you you know were! Peoppe in the paint dept give good advice and you the customer hear only what you want to.

You want to get the job done the cheapest and quickest way possible, but you ask what is the best! That is bull!

If you are told to do your job this way and then pick the cheapest products you can, well buddy thats what you get a cheaply made and poorly done job! Dont blame the Lowes Paint Dept for you short comings!

Brian F

Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, it's OK, I don't mind. I don't mind.

Well I mind! I mind big time?

And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ.

It's customers like you that cause us pain....you can NEVER be satisfied, even if we did it 110% correct, and threw ouselves on a sword afterward, you'd still complain about something! Also, the word is couteous, not curtious. Oh the pain...the pain

Just one question. You posted I will get my pain some other place.

Is this a typo or did you purposely type Pain because of the bad experience you experienced. (the rude attitude, accusing you of lying ect.)

View more comments (3)