State: Georgia Product: Lowes Bathroom Remodeling Clear all filters (2 of 21 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Lowe’s performed faulty bathroom installation

1.3

Update by user Sep 11, 2018

This is my opinion and my personal experience and I have evidence to back up my claims. Lowe’s did provide a good installer for my bathroom counter install but even the process of going through Lowe’s to do this was very frustrating due to little if no call backs when trying to gather information on my project, not sending needed information in a timely manner, and not being upfront about realistic time frames of project completion. Lowe’s executive office did look into my project but has not rectified my situation to my satisfaction as of yet.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2018

I have had a horrible experience with Lowe’s. Worst decision of my life and I wish I had somehow known to avoid them. The sub contractor they assigned to my master bathroom project had horrible work ethic, installed materials incorrectly according to industry standards and they still have yet to give me a credit back for the work improperly done. They wanted to come “correct” the issues but this was the last straw with my project and there was no way I could take the risk again after experiencing such incompetence and I professionalism. I am a very patient and flexible person and this has been the worst experience of my life. Still not resolved and I have experienced emotional abuse by stall tactics and even Lowe’s executive staff that has chosen not to rectify this situation properly. I will never recommend Lowe’s to anyone and will never use them again. There are no words to describe how upset, frustrated and angry I am with how they have treated me and handled a mistake that they should’ve taken full responsibility of.

We had the same experience it was a 3-month horror story not only bad installation and service unethical. They operate in a fraudulent manner they substitute cheaper products they send a handyman instead of general contractor and that's just the beginning of the problems we had we're out $4,500 right now. Our experience was out of Union City Tennessee and their installation Department they give you the run-around every time you have a complaint that someone else you have to talk to I talked to at least seven people that never returned phone calls answer emails or address these problems.

You expected Rolls Royce service from a Chevy dealership. Why would you have such high expectations from a discount home improvement center?

View more comments (1)
  • Lowe s Corporate
  • lowes bathroom installation
Featured

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9 days. They'd say they'd come at a certain day and time and never showed up, they offered excuses for everything e.g., "my truck doesn't run, my employee is injured, I can't find a plumber...". They had promised to be done in a month (in writing) but when they weren't they said "they weren't obligated by anything in the contract". Their work was terrible. The tile didn't line up, they mis-measured the shower pan, the grout was sloppy, they installed the shower door backward, there were screws missing on the safety grab bars, they didn't cover any of my furniture, and they actually put parts on our expensive white comforter. The shower door leaks, the tile is uneven, it's ugly!

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

while i can feel your pain in the issue you had there's one part about your complaint you should realize. you're slamming lowe's when it was the contractor who did the bad job you claim they did.

if lowe's wanted to do right by you they'd take care of it and fix it at no cost to you.

if they refuse to help THEN i'd recommend that you not shop there anymore. so again place blame where it's due in the first place.

@notgivingit

The customers contract is with Lowe’s. They didn’t hire the contractor, Lowe’s did. Lowe’s need to be the contact with the contractor and get the issues resolved.

Well mike thats not true at all lowes sets the price for the contractors and for the stereotype of all contractors are the same is wrong as well maybe this was a case of just a bad contractor

Mike_mn
@Anonymous

Nice to know. I stand corrected.

Mike_mn
#1320588

Big Box stores use contractors at the 'lowest bidder'. So, expect the most inexperienced contractors.

With the missing screws on the safety handles... this could be cause for litigation.

What would happen in you grabed them to steady yourself, the handle came off the wall, and you fell and injured yourself?

If they won;t fix it entirely... total removal and redue, then take them to court.

#1320473

Never use the big box stores for remodeling labor. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent contractors.

M.F3_a-z0-9

Sorry you got burned; TY for the heads up!

@M.F3_a-z0-9

Does anyone know of a person that has not been burned by Lowes.

View more comments (9)
Preferred solution
Full refund

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111