State: Georgia Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (8 of 210 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Water heater installetion!

We was purchased water heater with installation. Customer service in store was very well. Person who helping for purchasing was very well. Installer absolutely difference story. He was delivered water heater and delay for 30 min. After observation utility space he was told me that he not able to installed water heater, because of different with diameter in exhausting pvc pipe does not match and we have to found different water heater with exhausting pvc pipe with diameter 2 inch and recommended founded different dealer or installer. I was found local plumber who provided equipment and installation with out any problem. He was very surprised on explanation first plumber and told me that any water heater with exhausting fan came with adapter for different diameter pvc pipes, but it was cost me little more. So be very careful what you wish for from Lawe's installer!
Reason of review
installation

Lowes - Installation Review from Atlanta, Georgia

3.0
My wife and i have spent several thousand dollars with lowes in the last few months. Our first purchase was a $2500 refrigerator. It was damaged being unloaded . The second was a $500 storm door which was installed improperly. When someone finally came to fix it a month later he was rude as *** to my wife and repaired the paint (which was scraped off because of the improper installation) with a bottle of freaking white out. The third purchase was a washer and dryer set ( $1200 ). The first dryer was defected and the second was (wait for it)damaged being unloaded. Im completely over Lowes. I purchase from them because they are local and I try to keep my money where i live. Customer service is a dying art. I will pay more money for good customer service and a good experience. Lowes doesnt fit that bill.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Savannah, Georgia - The Installation that didn't happen!

I went to Lowes in Savannah, GA to purchase laminate plank flooring for my den. They sent 2 (of their best?) installers out to look at and measure my room. The carpet was already pulled up and they measured the bare concrete floor. I talked with them about laminate flooring. Even though they wrote on the installation order that there could be an issue with the floor not being level, they gave me no indication that laminate would not work because the concrete was not level. I purchased the floor and had it delivered, it took 2 weeks to get on the installation schedule. Yesterday when the installer (not the same one) came out to do the installation, he took one look and said he could not lay the floor because the concrete was not level. The response I got from the people in the store was they never knew if a product could be installed until the day of installation. I paid $35 for the measurement of my room and they refuse to refund my money because a service was rendered!! I also have asked that they send a truck to pick up the product; a day and a half later no one has called to schedule pick-up. Oh, and I received a bill in the mail for all of this last week!!

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Terrible customer service while buying a dishwaher

Arrived at store on 7/30/13 around 5:45 and was met by a rep named Sam Sam was not well informed about the product but all in all did a good job. I was told I would receive a rebate equal to the cost of installation at checkout. Well, this didnt happen. Sam asked someone, Tim his manager, and was told by Tim that he would need to look up the rebate on in house computer and print it. Sam couldnt find it and tried to get Tim his manager to help. Tim said he had a customer, which he didnt, and that we would just have to wait. We finally got Tim involved and were told it was a computer problem which was a lie as Sam had no trouble using the computer. Time was arrogant and not helpful at all. It tood almost two hours to buy a dishwasher. Tim left a bad taste for Lowes and I wont consider them again. This store is on Bobby Jones Highway in Augusta Ga
Lowes Installation

Lowes appliance installation (not)

I, recently, purchased a gas stove from Lowes. I paid $36.00 for Lowes to do the installation. The installers connected the stove to the gas supply, turned on the gas *** and informed me that there was no gas coming out of the line. They departed after that. I had the gas company check the meter. They informed me that gas was coming through the meter. Following thorough and time consuming investigation, it was discovered that the Lowes installers, in order to adapt their 3/4" supply line to my 1/2" gas *** used a reducer fitting. Problem is the reducer fitting had female FIP threads and the gas *** was a male, flare fitting. In order to make this improper connection, they wrapped the threads with an abundance of Teflon tape and, on top of that, they brushed a bunch of pipe thread sealant on the threads. End result: all that tape and pipe thread sealant clogged up the gas ***. This is installation work at its absolute worst. Do not use Lowes installers, under any circumstance!

Your installer does not apply to all...so don't harp on the who do not use Lowes installers, you got a lemon...your installer doesn't install for all 1,000+ Lowes stores

Loss

Lowes in Columbus, Georgia - Botched range installation

Lowes - Botched range installation
Purchased a range and microwave in December. Installer COMPLETELY butchered the counter top when installing. Finally, after about 30 phone calls, negotiations and haggling....I received compensation for the cost of new counter tops....BUT NEVER AN APOLOGY! It was constantly a "I'm waiting to hear back from them" answer. No sense of urgency on their part. Terrible customer service!! See for yourself....it's HORRENDOUS!! This was an installation that cost me $350, done by a "professional". It will now cost me approx $1000 to install new granite counter tops. I won't every go to Lowe's again...and I've made sure all my friends know too!

Lowes is s great company . They should be suing you .

Since when is grantic made with wood such as your 50 plus years old counter tops .

You really should not have included the pictures . Just made yourself look *** .

Lowes should have told you no. Then when you get the better end of the deal you still are not happy.

That old junky counter top to Granite, pathetic. Oh and the issue wasn't the installer it was the fact your counter tops are at least 30 years old if not 40+

Those are laminate countertops in the picture. I know because we had the same exact counters in another house we lived in.

I understand being dissatisfied about damage being done to your home (we got no compensation or apology...in fact, we got victimized further by a large name plumbing company); however, I believe in being fair about complaints and what you expect.

The value of laminate and the value of granite largely differ and if they gave you granite countertops to replace laminate countertops and no apology and you have to put out 1,000 for installation then I'd be satisfied because those granite countertops add value to your home.

Your getting new granite counter tops?

In the picture is not new counter tops

much-less granite!

Why you griping?

Are you kidding?... I can't believe LOWES even went along with *fixing* anything on that awful looking countertop.

Now you have a NEW MARBLE countertop?... I think you got lucky! Lowes should have laughed in your face! YOU DEFRAUDED THEM!

HELLO? :eek :upset :cry :(

@WHATEVA

Right now Whateva, that counter top pictured is 20-30yrs old (***) press wood lam. You probably told the installed it was ok to damage it cause you were replacing it always.

And decided to Defraud LOWES. Shame on you.

Looks like African American work to me. No need to give Lowes a bad name :grin

I think Loews needs a website for *** customers. that counter top is over 50 yrs old and hand contact paper over top of it. I am Pissed at you, I do this kind of work and would have refused to install a new stove to that piece of *** top.you screwed all of us not just Lowes :(

That is laughable. I don't think they owe you a thousand dollars.

Wow...I don't think that cheap counter is even laminate! Shame on you!

The only reason you got that money was because Lowes didn't want the aggravation of whipping your butt in court! Your counter was messed up & u deserved an apology, but you did NOT deserve that much money!!!!

Why are you complaining about an apology when you just raped Lowes into a granite countertop when you only deserved to get laminate as it shows in your picture. Installing a range would not "butcher" granite.

You do not deserve an apology for what you just swindled, you should be ashamed. And what's even worse, they probably passed that new countertop price onto the countertops company and they were not at fault. You disgust me.

It's people like you that take advantage of the retail industry by trying to get stuff for free, thus rising the price on the rest of us and putting sub-contractors out of business. Please respond to this, please.

@????

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!! SOOOOO obvious!!! OMG!!

This post is confusing. You said you needed to pay $1,000 for new granite countertops, while your photos show laminate counters. Granted, the installer should not have been more careful, however those are not granite counters.

View more comments (12)
Loss

Lowes screws upmdoor installation. Won't fix the problem.

Purchased a door form Lowes inYork County SC and paid for them to install the door. The door had to be looked at twice and now it won't even close. They cam out took a look and decided it was a faulty installation BUT refused the claim. Now have to do a wild email goose chase and fire off to higher management . What pain.... Door wont even close all the way or lock. This leaves the house vulnerable and subject to anyone entering the house at their will. My dogs even escaped one afternoon and went running amok in the neighborhood. What if they had been hit by a car all because the door won't remain closed? I now have to secure the door by creating a blockade so it wont open. Complete pain in the *** and they're the ones whom installed it.

Area Installation Manager, Regional Installation Manager are the two people to talk to outside of the Store manager.

Lowe's likes dealing on the phone.

Lowes in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Lowe's Kitchen Cabinets

In November I took in two sets of Cad originated drawings for kitchen cabinets to acquire an estimate. The 'design specialists' showed us the door design and colors available. The design 'specialist' stated a specific manufacturer would be the cabinet supplier We then finalized the selections and and asked them to come to our home and measure the installation so as there would be no error. The design 'specialist'and install manager came out and measured. The installation was to be finalized prior to 12/31/2008. As of this writing 2/5/2009 the installation is not complete. The design 'specialist' and measuring totally "screwed up" and this has required our total costs to increase. NEVER AGAIN!

Hmmm....do any other Lowe's Specialists smell something funny here? Sounds like we are dealing with a "Complaint Specialist" who has been caught in his own story, as we Lowe's associates know that it is the INSTALLER who goes out for the site check and measure, NOT the Specialist! Me thinks there's a lot more to this story that the "Complaint Specialist" is leaving out!

had installer come for a measurment to install vinyl flooring. 24x9!

Installer wants 897.00 total for labor.

521.00 for underlayment/ 324.00 to spread the glue even though it is no glue vinyl! 67.00 to restretch carpet and wow im geting f__ked

I agree, this story sounds a little odd. I am currently an Install Sales Manager for lowes and my specialist nore I NEVER go out to do a measurement. SOS cabinets take 4-6 weeks to arrive so there is no way possible it would have been installed that quickly.

Your Story sounds a little inconsistent , you said you provided the drawings? So it was based on your own measurements? did you pay for a measure.?

Why would the Specialist and Install Manager measure. If the Installer is the one that measures before your purchase? By the way special Order Cabinets do take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.or Did you buy stock cabinets?

If you did then you where responsible for your own measurements,Lowe's does not Install stock cabinets. Home Depot is the only Company that sends the Designer for the first measure to the Home For a refundable fee Lowe's sends an Installer.

I have worked at both Companies andAll designs are checked before the sale is finalized.

View more comments (3)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111