State: Georgia Product: Lowes Manager Clear all filters (17 of 296 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
3.8
I explained the issue again, and was met with the most unpleasant attitude I’ve ever encountered at a store. We were both taken aback after his treatment of the cashier and his demeanor towards us. After retiring from a retail store after 35 years, I was pretty...

The manager probably had much larger issues to contend with than a $10.00 return. I'm sure he was pissed that he had to deal with another cheap skate that bought a tool, used it once, and returned it for a refund instead of just keeping it.

This happens several times a day i am quite sure. And it would *** me off too!

View more comments
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Employees
  • Inventory
Cons
  • Management
  • Manager

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Return of storage item

Lowe’s considered my storage item a Christmas item and would not let me return it. It wasn’t large enough and I have no use for it.

I'd be willing to bet your "storage item" was for something to do with Christmas like a tree box, wrapping paper container, ornament box or something made to store Christmas decorations. These items are sold only at Christmas time and would be covered by their seasonal policy just like any other Christmas item.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in East Point, Georgia - Customer Service

2.3
Went to this location out of convenience, had an expectation that the customer service would be the same as it is across the board with other Lowe’s locations... (I was completely wrong) I had a project that I wanted to complete this weekend that would have cost a little under $200 once I priced everything that I needed. As I walked and grabbed the items that I needed, I realized that their inventory was a little off from the information that I received previously... No biggie... I was flexible with my choices, so I switched my items up. As I began gathering the replacement items, I asked one gentleman in appliances to assist me, he told me to wait and that he would help... after 15 minutes he walked away and didn’t return.. I tried not to allow that to steal my excitement. I walked each aisle hoping that i would find other items to incorporate.. I got the the aisle with PVC piping and had a brain storm.. I walked over to the register in the wood area and spoke to an older lady... she educated me that they would cut the pipe to my specifications and that she would page someone for me... she pages twice and no one ever showed up.. (I waited for 38 minutes) I decided to call the store at this point and ask for a manager to come over to assist me.. the first call that I made... after selecting “0” no one answered. I tried again, this time the operator said that she would page the manager on duty.. I heard her page this manager twice and again... nothing! Once I realized that my mood was changing, I took it as a sign and walked past the lady again at the register that helped previously and thanked her... I’m not sure of what is going on at this location, but there is room for improvement and opportunities of growth. Your business is losing sales for various reasons, your employees that are being paid to assist your customers are not accountable to their role and the managers are to busy to answer the phone! Sounds like you either need more employees, dedicated employees and possibly more managers. I highly doubt that i am the only person that has experienced this, as I went through this process today... I watched others that were in the store with me, experience some of the same lack of assistance. Camp Creek Ga (6/1/2018

Definitely not Plagiarism... AND they weren’t busy with other customers!

Plagiarism

This complaint is a chapter in a book.

Uh, maybe they were busy with their OTHER customers?

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Cartersville, Georgia - POOR SERVICE

1.7
MY NAME IS BILL AYERS ON 17 AUG I STARTED A JOB OF REPLACING MY 20 X24 DECK.I WENT TO LOWES CARTERSVILLE,GA TO GET MY MATERIAL.I WENT BACK TO THE LUMBER AREA AND FOUND THE RACK OF ADVERTIZED DECK WOOD 5 1/4 X 8 THE PRICE WAS 4---SOMETHING.I LOADED MY WOOD NOBODY ASKED TO HELP ME.I STOPPED TO GET SOME OLYMPIC STAIN 25$ OFF 3 GAL.AND PICKED UP SOME OTHER THINGS.I BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH LOWES 30 YEAR. HAD 10000.00 LOWES CARD AT ONE TIME.WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE YOUNG MAN CHARGED ME FOR PREMIUM I TOLD HIM I GOT OFF THE 4 DOLLAR HE DID NOT CARE AND BECAME BELIGERANT.A LADY NAMED MICHELL STEPPED IN AND HELPED SEEM IT WAS LOADED ON THE WRONG RACK.WITH NO FURTHER HELP I AND MY WIFE LOADED IT ON THE TRUCK.WE STARTED OUR PROJECT.MY SON HAD BOUGHT ME A NEW DEWALT DRILL FOR MY BIRTHDAY HE BOUGHT IT AT LOWES IT STOPPED WORKING I WAS TIRED AND IT WAS95 DEGREES TOOK IT BACK THE FIRST CLERK GAVE ME ATTITUDE HE WOULD NOT HELP ME I GOT MAD AND ASKED TO SEE A SUPERVISOR I WAS RASING ***.THE SAID THEY WOULD NOT SWAP IT AND THEY COULD NOT TAKE IT BACK THEIR SYSTEM WOULD NOT WORK WITH OUT THE RECEIPT.IT WAS A GIFT.THEN RICK WALKED UP AND TOLD ME TO LEAVE HE WAS CALLING THE POLICE I ASKED HIM TO GO TO THE PARKING LOT AND I WOULD FIX HIS PROBLEM.I LEFT AND WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND BOUGHT ANOTHER DRILL I WANTED TO FINISH THE JOB.I'M 71 YEARS OLD VIET NAM COMBAT VETERAN 33 YEARS ARMY.I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE ATTITUDE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.I NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF EXPERIENCE AT ANY LOWES.I WILL SEND THIS TOO BBB AND COUNTY BLOGS I RESPECTED HERE. AND RUN THIS IN THE NEWS PAPER.I PROMISE TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH LOWES AGAIN AND I WILL SPREAD THIS TO EVERY ONE I NO IN THIS COUNTY AND EVERY WHERE I GO.CALL THE POLICE ON ME BECAUSE I'M MAD YOU DID DISHONORED ME AND FAILED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU PRODUCTS.WILLIAM H AYERS

I am too a Vietnam Combat Veteran different store different problem still same disrespect to the elderly! I would recommend another look at this store from our brothers in arms.

You're shopping in a self service, big box store. Of course your going to load your own lumber.

Yes, the wood was stocked in the wrong location but they and every other retail store has the right to charge the proper price for the items you take. As far as the drill goes, you are bringing in a high theft item without a receipt. No one knows how old it is and if it was even purchased there. You aren't going to find many stores that would treat that return any different.

It would be easy enough to ask your son for the receipt to get the drill taken care of.

It's obvious you got hot and loud otherwise they wouldn't have needed to call the police. I don't know where you plan on shopping, Home Depot won't be any different.

@Anonymous

you probably never built a 400 sq deck and had the tool go bad so you would not understand the frustration of sat afternoon trying to finish and your new dewalt stopped working,thanks for your comment

@Anonymous

I've built plenty of decks and own quite a collection of Dewalt and Bosch tools. If I have a tool that doesn't work when I buy it, I take it back to the store for an exchange WITH MY RECEIPT.

If they fail later they go to the service center for repair. You're just one of those people that feel they can return anything to the store for any reason. Stores just don't make enough money on products anymore to eat the loss on returns like yours.

It's time you realize the "consumer is always right" mentality is a thing of the past. Stores have to protect themselves from consumer abuse to stay in business.

Please stop shouting with the capital letters, Bill.

I can't read your complaint because it annoys my eyes.

Capital letters are for proper nouns and starting sentences.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Service and manager attitude
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
I WANT THIS RICK MANAGER FIRED AND ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE CHANGED TO THE WAY IT USED TO BE
  • defective products
  • Lowes Very Poor Customer Service

Lowes - Manager Review from Cartersville, Georgia

Cartersville George store Karen associate I asked for help she told me she would help me within 5 to 10 minutes she was not back so I went to look for her or the product that I was looking for and found her flirting with a guy in appliances literally hanging all over him your employee should care more about the customers and not flirting with other associates we will no longer be doing business with Lowe's we have switched our contract but to Home Depot

Lowes - Manager Review from Alpharetta, Georgia

1.5
Terrible experience as Lowes long time customer. I will never buy another item from them ever again. We had a repair man come out to repair our 2 1/2 yr old refrigerator 4 times. Each time we called they always was rude and never showed any empathy. I call lowes for the 5th time and they wanted to send another repair person out. If they couldn't repair it the previous 4 times what makes them think it would be fixed the 5th time ? After being spoken to rude and being on hold without anyone coming back to the phone i called back again and was transferred to executive support. After not getting anywhere with the rep. I asked to speak to his manager and he told me "no you will not talk to anyone". He continue to speak down to me. I then asked to speak to a manager and he would not consent. I called the Lowes CEO office and they transferred me to another rep. She would not help and transferred me to the rude rep again after i said i would not work with him but was willing to work with anyone else. Lowes took my money for the protection plan but will not assist me in getting my refrigerator replace. They sold me a lemon and don't care. How many repair visits do it take to understand that it is bad. If this is their excellent customer service what would be worst.
Not as described/ advertised

Management at the Lowes in Pooler

There is a store Manager and four Assistants. Only two Assistants are excellent, the rest are horrible. They preach constantly about engaging the customers. Only two of the four assistants engage. Not even the Store Manager greets. They constantly hire seasonal employees and curtail their employment after 90 days. The turn over rate is huge. The store Manager prides himself with his unethical actions. such a shame because Lowe's is an excellent company with poor Management. Trials and tribulations, constant drama on the front-end. No one addresses the actual issues. People design unique excuses for calling out or not reporting to work. Morale is low in this store. When entering this store the tension feeling is high. The store does not seem inviting.
#962047

I'm not sure how yiu can say 'Lowe's is an excellent company but they have poor management." What exactly makes them an excellent company then? Their workers only reflect the lousy management's attitudes and lack of drive.

Computers don't run a corporation. The buildings don't make an excellent corporation. The products they sell don't make an excellent corporation. Is it the "concept" that you think is excellent?

Lowe's is a wretched corporation where customer satisfaction is non existent. I'm surprised their doors are still open.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!

Lowes - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!
It took us 3 years to make a final decision on getting someone to do our deck. We signed a contract on May 3, 2014 with Lowes to get our deck done. We had very clear instructions on what we wanted; it is July 28, 2014 and we have yet to receive that deck. Lowes subcontracted their companies to do the work which is fine. However, if the service is going to be mediocre that is a problem. The first contractors went over everything with us and when it was time to get started, they were running behind and when they arrived, there was no project manager only the workers that only spoke Spanish. They were asking my husband what were they supposed to be doing?? Really, aren't they supposed to know? Also, they came to our home with someone else's plans not ours. My husband sent them away and we requested them to get another company that could handle the job. It took them weeks to resolve that issue, now we have the second company, they have torn down the deck, we had a dumpster in our driveway for a week, it was full so they took it away. But, they had more stuff to go in the dumpster and it is sitting in my driveway for the 2nd week now. It is a mess and no one has answers, they will not call us, we contact them. We have been getting the run around since we signed this contract. They come to work when they decide to we have had to tell the same people over and over again how we want our deck and I am so over it! I am so unhappy about how this has been handled! This deck is over $8000!!! When we try to get someone on the phone we get transferred and we have people telling us that it is not their responsibility. I will never deal with this company again!

Only fools have Home Depot or Lowes build it for them. Hire your own contractor that way you know exactly what your getting and can hold that contractor accountable.

Going to a big box store and expecting stuff to get done is ignorant, corporate makes it impossible for employees to get stuff done at the store level. They also hire inexperienced people so they have lower expectations and can pay them less.

They do not hire carpenters, plumbers or electricians. It's all random people off the street with limited building experience.

@SharkNasty

Only a fool assumes that I only spoke with one contractor. I have spoken to many people and Lowes did not request half of the money upfront.

Now that is foolish to give a stranger half upfront. I can still hold Lowes accountable how foolish are you to think that I can't! I don't know why people think that others are cheaper! That is so not true.

I put this out to vent, I don't need your advice! I got this! I will definitely handle it at the end.

Big companies like Lowes has a lot to lose, do you work for them because you seem to think you know much about how they work. Are you one of the idiots that is handling the project??

This is why you hire your own contractor. When you go to Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your project.

Take the time to interview and investigate your own contractor. You will also save money.

Lowes marks up whatever the contractor is charging them. Put that money in your pocket and have control over the project at the same time.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Statesboro, Georgia - Horrific experience with cabinetry department

First let me say that the designer I worked with (Jack) for my kitchen renovation was exceptional: patient, knowledgeable, and detail oriented. The problem was the installation manager (Nigel) who refused to do the installation because (1) my 6-yr old pre-existing cabinets (Kraftmaid) "might" not be the same color as the new cabinets and I "might" not be satisfied, and (2) his installers "might" destroy something taking it down or putting it up and "who would pay for it?" First, we added cabinets 3 years ago and there was no problem with the colors, why would there be one now? And if I accept that risk, where does Nigel get off telling me what I "might" not be happy with it so he won't do it? If you're that concerned that we're that picky, check our order from 3 years ago; you'll see we had nothing but praise. And, second, if his people destroy something, who do you THINK would pay for it? Are you really going to turn down $20,000 worth of business because your installers might break a $300 piece? Hire better people if you have that kind of concern. I'm sure Lowes has had problems with other customers to be so eager to turn down business, but treating all customers as if they were brainless is going to kill its client base. It's certainly soured our relationship with them.

I'd be hesitant to take on your job as well. It's amazing how people will swear up and down that the match is perfect until the product comes in and gets installed.

Then it's nothing but a bunch of complaining and wanting discounts or even full credit because they didn't match the originals. In the future do the whole job at one time. If you decide to add on later, replace the whole thing, not just a part.

It's a fact of nature that the colors in wood will shift over time. Even if you bought cabinets from the same manufacturer in the same color the new cabinets will not look the same as the 6 year old cabinets.

@Woodworker

I'd be hesitant to have you take the job, too, if you haven't figured out that the whole issue is resolved with a simple waiver. Lowes doesn't even offer one.

Home Depot, on the other hand, when through the entire caveat emptor problem with stains+time (again) and then got my signature that THAT would not be a problem they could fix. Problem solved: cabinets are on the way. Oh, and here's another feather in the cap of Home Depot, the price (for exactly the same cabinets) was considerably less than at Lowes.

I completely agree with you on one point, though, that the adage "the customer is always right" has been outrageously abused.

We have turned into a society that expects something grandiose for virtually nothing, and merchants and service people alike are paying for it. Something to keep in mind, though, is that the backlash falls on the rest of us consumers, too.

View more comments (1)
  • Lowes cabinet installation

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes Tuscaloosa AL Manager is Rude

We purchased a box of sale flooring needing one more box and were told by salesman that other Lowes had to honor sales price. They told us to call manager at Tuscaloosa, AL Lowes, close to us, and gave us the person's name and phone number. It took nearly 2 weeks of calling to finally get the man on the phone. He never attempted to returned one of our 6 messages left. We went by after work and he was never in. The flooring sold out. His response was "you could have talked to one of the other managers", and "you are welcome to purchase the flooring in another city at full price plus shipping charges." First, Lowes ---- not everyone knows you have more than one store manager!!! Second --- it is really rude to not return customer phone calls and messages. Lowes - if you are serious about customer service, not wanting to *** off customers, don't hire people like this, and make them a manager!!! Signed, pissed off customer.

Retail Cops Suck just like Fun Cops!

RetailCop

I'll tell Lowe's that you are looking for him and you are upset because YOU weren't prepared for YOUR project. Why does everybody think a manager gives two f@%^$ about your "problem"?

What did you expect him to do? Let me guess....Pay a driver to go get the product. Also, you expected him to pay for the diesel for a truck that might get 8 mpg!! I know, I know...you spend thousands of dollars with Lowe's so this should be done for you.

One more self entitled consumer!!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

@RetailCop

Lol, new someone would sound off revealing themselves as a ***. The manager at this location is horrible and rude.

Its why I took my business to home depot. And I do about $22000 a month as a GC!

View more comments (2)