State: Georgia Product: Lowes Warranty Clear all filters (6 of 114 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Milledgeville, Georgia - Washer Warranty worthless

Update by user Jan 22, 2016

OMG, so they give me Jan 22 as the day they will NOW come and get my machine fixed...remember it has been since Thanksgiving(Nov 2015 that is has been broken) They call my home and cell phone to say they are coming. THEN I get a call in the evening that they are rescheduling AGAIN until Feb 10th!!

WTF!!! This is not acceptable.

Original review posted by user Jan 15, 2016

My washer started to leak thanksgiving 2015, Called lowes they scheduled service with A & E. 3 weeks later, Service Man went to wrong, house, never called to verify. Weeks later, service man came and had to order parts, another 3 weeks later, another service man came and said NO didn't need those parts, ordered another part, today he was to come and install but NEvER SHOWED UP AND NO CALL FROM A &E. Now I have to wait another week for someone to maybe show up?!?! WHAT? 2 months without washer that is only 2 years old! REALLY!! A & E has the worst service and Lowes is no better as they have NO BACK UP service company for us to use. This is just ***!
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Misinformation from employees
  • Bad customer service
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Worthless Warranty

Lowes Installs

I worked for Lowes for 2 yrs as an Installer for 4 stores in Georgia. I got to see it all let me tell you. They pay the installers a fraction of what they charge customers for installs because apparently the store doesnt make enough money as it is. Then they do everything to dodge the warranty on the products instead of standing behind them. I had to help countless customers out to get their warranty handled and risk my job because I didnt agree with the way they blew off warranty issues. Lowes has to be the worst of them all and yet they manage to stay in business. Brand new appliances tossed around in the warehouse and we get them to the job and they have dents, broken pumps, etc. We were told we should of checked it before we left. They have managers in the Installed Sales office that know nothing and get customers pissed off by opening their rude mouths or just flat out blowing them off. They pick and chose what they want to pay installers on and then get pissed when they dont want to work out of that store. Then the dumba** that oversees all the Georgia stores is nothing but two-faced and does nothing to protect his installers. Customer could punch an installer in front of him and the installer never said a word to get punched and he would say customer is always right. STAY AWAY FOLKS.

We were warned not to install for Lowes and we should of listened. Nothing is ever the customer or stores fault.

Even though customers sign paperwork to help installers cover their butt, it is never honored.

We quit based on that as well as it seemed as if we were paying Lowes. There's something different about a Lowes customer then customers who come to our showroom.

a fraction of what they charge? I see you're a FORMER appliance installer. Appliance labor is only marked up about 30% so you actually get 70% of what they charge.

sounds like you are just a pissed off FORMER lowes employee who has a grudge here is a thought maybe you

should grow up, hold a steady job and spend some time working and not on the computer crying about not being

a good enough contractor lol

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Will not stand behind warranty

I have bought approximately $10,000 worth of appliances with Lowes. They sell you a extended warranty and won't stand behind it. I will never buy anything from them ever again! When I called to get service they could not find a repair company out. When they said they would send a company out the company never showed up. I called back and they said the company didn't service the area. I waited all day. No one ever called to tell me the company did not service the area. They sent out another company and they didn't show up at the right time. They were late. The worst company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

Dear Heartless,

I appreciate your feedback. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Lowes are their own warranty company. They have the their own warranty division. It has been over a year so the extended warranty company did kick in. I will try the manufacture.

Thank you for your input.

I still would not recommend buying anything from them. This is not the first time I have had trouble with them.

Extended warranties do not start until the manufactures warranty ends. I highly recommend calling the manufacture first even if you think the warranty is up they can generally help you a lot quicker and more efficiently than any retail store....

And it sounds to me like the issue is the repair shops, not LOWES... Lowes does not do repairs so it's contracted out they cannot help if the place they ask for help does a POOR JOB....

Be PlSSED AT the repair shop.... Lowes clearly has tried you tool.....

View more comments (1)
Loss
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes in Winder, Georgia - Warranty extended - Don't buy-for fools.

Long story short: Don't buy the extended warranty..They don't have in house repair they contract it out. So naturally you get put on the back burner because the contractor will always do the job that pays today rather then a warranty job where he has to wait on his Lowe's check. There is no time limit so Lowe's can just wait you out. They got the that passive aggressive thing going on. Talk nice, but there not going to help. The lady I talked to on the phone was telling me that they can't next day air for every customer. What Horse muffins! They collect millions of dollars in warranty sales which most is pure unclaimed profit and Lowe's won't even Next day air a part for a Customer that has spent Much Much money with them. Never shopping there again.
Review
#207626 Review #207626 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Valdosta, Georgia - Convinced me on an extended warranty

I purchased a Samsung french door refrigerator a month or so back. I declined the extended warranty because consumer reports stated the 1 year manufacturer is sufficient and much of what could go wrong usually happens within the first year. I usually take the gamble. The sales lady said Samsung didn't warranty the compressor for 5 years any longer, only for 1 year and for that reason an extended warranty was good to have. I went back the next day and bought one because I became concerned. We took delivery almost 1 week later because it had to come from the distribution center and coordinate with our schedule for being home. We read the paperwork on how to run it and found that there was a 5 year manufacturer warranty on the compressor. I called Samsung and it was verified. I called my Lowes and spoke to a sales person who verified there was only 1 year. I didn't argue. I only wanted to see what another sales person would say. I recalled Samsung and told them what I had been told by my sales person at time of purchase and how the second sales person claimed the same. Samsung told me again 5 years. I called the store manager explaining what I did and how his sales people are giving out misinformation. He said companies change the rules all the time and possibly they didn't know about the 5 years. He stuck up for his people and made me feel like I was a ***. He did tell me that I could come in and get a refund on the $150.00 extended warranty which I did. I felt that I was given wrong information to buy the warranty because they use a separate insurance company with nothing to do with Samsung and a local repair service and they make good money doing this.

Like your comment Classyglass3d. Vendors tell the stores anything to get their products into a store.

What happpens 3 1/2 years after the product is sold? Lowes extended warranty recognizes when they sell products that fail the customer expects some recourse to be available from the store that sold them the product. The cost of an extended warranty doubles the warranty time and the product can be replace at the local store no questions asked. I am not saying Lowe's solution is ideal however consider the following.

Home Depot current store policy is any customer who has a problem and that product is covered by a warranty they are directed to that vendor. The local store will do nothing and cannot do anything. This results in a flood of HD customers complaints posted on the web - what else can they do? Recently HD response to the flood of bad publicity?

A "SocialTeam". Customer Service surfs the web posting the message "I would like to look into this for you as soon as possible. If you could email me @homedepot.com, with your contact and information, I can assist. Thank you in advance - Social Media Resolution Expediter, Home Depot." When you contact them them, they give you the email address of the vendor.

Which is exactly what the local store did. THAT IS ALL THEY DO. HD what is wrong with you?

I speak from costly hard learned experience at Home Depot. I recommend you just pay Lowe's extended warranty, it is better than what the other store is going to do for you.

#201098

This consumer has a (one) very valid point, but seems unaware of the other failures possible in her new refrigerator. There is also the condensor, the evaporator and the circuit board that are covered only by the 1-year manufacturers warranty.

These are also very expensive repairs, and are only protected by Lowe's Extended Protection Plan.

I know, because I was unfortunate to have to rely on this and was totally satisfied with the outcome...Lowes replaced the refrigerator at 3 1/2 years because a power surge destroyed these components in my Samsung refrigerator. My advice to this consumer would be to run, not walk, back to the Loew's store in question and see if an EPP can still be purchased for her appliance.

View more comments (1)
Review
#202847 Review #202847 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Warrenty service not so hot

i have extended warrenty for duet washer and the people they send to service it is not knowledgeable in the front load washers. i have water that is in the tub of the washer when it is not in use. my husband called them and they told him it was normal. i just called the service again and they will hopefully send someone who knows what they are doing. also it took them a week the last time to come back to my home to undo a mistake they made and i couldnot use my washer until they returned do you think they cared no. also they wait until close to 5 to show up to do they repair then they run through it to get done

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111