State: Georgia City: Norcross Clear all filters (5 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Excellent CS in Appliances

5.0
Worked with Jatin, Appliance Sales Manager, who was extremely knowledgable about Washers and Dryers. He was able to provide me with a price match plus. I also me the Store Manager, Mike who was very professional. Would highly recommend this Lowes.
Lowes Sales Manager
Pros
  • Store managers professionalism
  • Cs from jatin in appliances
  • Ease of purchase
Good customer service

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Lowe’s performed faulty bathroom installation

1.3

Update by user Sep 11, 2018

This is my opinion and my personal experience and I have evidence to back up my claims. Lowe’s did provide a good installer for my bathroom counter install but even the process of going through Lowe’s to do this was very frustrating due to little if no call backs when trying to gather information on my project, not sending needed information in a timely manner, and not being upfront about realistic time frames of project completion. Lowe’s executive office did look into my project but has not rectified my situation to my satisfaction as of yet.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2018

I have had a horrible experience with Lowe’s. Worst decision of my life and I wish I had somehow known to avoid them. The sub contractor they assigned to my master bathroom project had horrible work ethic, installed materials incorrectly according to industry standards and they still have yet to give me a credit back for the work improperly done. They wanted to come “correct” the issues but this was the last straw with my project and there was no way I could take the risk again after experiencing such incompetence and I professionalism. I am a very patient and flexible person and this has been the worst experience of my life. Still not resolved and I have experienced emotional abuse by stall tactics and even Lowe’s executive staff that has chosen not to rectify this situation properly. I will never recommend Lowe’s to anyone and will never use them again. There are no words to describe how upset, frustrated and angry I am with how they have treated me and handled a mistake that they should’ve taken full responsibility of.

We had the same experience it was a 3-month horror story not only bad installation and service unethical. They operate in a fraudulent manner they substitute cheaper products they send a handyman instead of general contractor and that's just the beginning of the problems we had we're out $4,500 right now. Our experience was out of Union City Tennessee and their installation Department they give you the run-around every time you have a complaint that someone else you have to talk to I talked to at least seven people that never returned phone calls answer emails or address these problems.

You expected Rolls Royce service from a Chevy dealership. Why would you have such high expectations from a discount home improvement center?

View more comments (1)
  • Lowe s Corporate
  • lowes bathroom installation

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Demolished Kitchen with forced cancellation

1.2
The journey started with Lowe's about January. We went in the store looking to purchase cabinets. We were told that Custom Cabinets would take several months, and was advised to go with in stock they would take about two weeks; so we decided to just go with the in-stock cabinets. We paid for the measurements and it took about a month before the measurement guy came out. Then trying to get the cabinet set up we had to switch to another representative because the one that was in the store didn't know what he was doing. We visited the store several times and trying to get everything squared away so about 2 months later we finally was able to get things kind of setup. At this point we contacted corporate office of Lowe's to assist since the customer service was deplorable. We went through so much in 3-months that corporate made the manager give us a discount, however when we came in we didn't have the cost of installation established by the in store representative, so yet again another week went by before this could get done. Finally got everything going but then the cabinets had several delays and delivery with JB Hunt which caused us to be off work several different times. Finally when the cabinets were delivered, we open the packages and out of 12 cabinets ordered 10 were damaged. We contacted the corporate person in charge (Cindy) and informed them and sent pictures showing the damages and at this point in time the lady Cindy considered herself getting personally involved and upset with us in the whole process of trying to get things resolved (imagine that. We are the customers) that her solution was to just cancel the project because she felt we was being to difficult and hard to pleased. Are we supposed to accept damage cabinets and bad customer service? Now this time I'll kitchen is totally demolished and to cancel the project I told her that was not an option so I had to escalate to higher authorities in Lowe's management which took over two weeks with no return called on three escalation to get it resolved through Lowe's management. I told Claire that Lowe's need to live up to their obligation and get our project done because as of right now to have us and our kids with no kitchen no cabinets no sink no nothing it just bare and we have been eating out everyday incurring more expenses than we anticipated. Remind you that this process supposed to had only took two weeks and we are now on the 5th month. I'm very disappointed with Lowe's with this whole process and it's just not right for this to have taken place this way and to spend all these expenditures and still not have cabinets installed and for Lowe's to decide that they are going to cancel the project as a solution is unacceptable. So let's hope that the corporate office and resolve this issue and get our cabinets installed within next week. Corporate office told me they opened the file back up and have escalated above the department that canceled the project and left us in the awkward position. They told me there's nothing they can do but re-order the new cabinets but that's it. They are not installing them because it's cancelled and management refunded my money against my will. This company is a joke and don't care about people livelihood. I'm contacting the news.

It should have been pretty obvious when it took 2 months to even "kind of" get an order for stock cabinets set up that you should have walked away and gone elsewhere. You could have gone to a local cabinet shop and had custom cabinets built and installed for a similar price in a fraction of the time you spent with lowes. Why didn't you pay attention to the warning signs that problems were ahead and run from Lowes?

Product
Cabinet
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Not Very Honest

On September 21, 2015, I contacted Lowe's San Bruno store in order to purchase an interior door for rental property that I own in San Mateo, California. My first call was with Lorisa who told me that she was in a meeting, but would call me back in one hour. After three hours I called her back. I provided her with specifications on the door. She was going to research the available products and call me back. Needless to say, that did not happen. I called Lorisa a total of four times that day and was finally able to arrange for an installer to go to the house and measure the door opening. Lorisa did find me a door that met my specifications and she sent me a quote via e-mail. Because she did not have the measurements she used random dimensions for the size of the door. The price of the door was to be $228.67. I was to pay $199.00 for installation and $45.00 to have the door measured. The $45.00 charge was to be credited back to me if I purchased a door from Lowe’s. William went out to measure the door on September 23rd. He told me that the measurements would be downloaded to Lowe’s that afternoon. I called Lowe’s the next day; because I have tenants living in the house who do not have a bathroom door. I was told that it took 3 days for the measurements to download (they really should look into updating their computer system). I waited until September 29th and when I did not hear from Lowe’s I called them. At this point Lowe’s had not made a single call too me, all calls originated with me. Ruben confirmed that Lowe’s had received the measurements from William. Ruben was going to put together a contract and send it to me by e-mail. After at least six alleged attempts, I finally received the contract at 5:00 p.m. on September 30th. The contract reflected a material price that was 30% higher than the price I was given and reflected a labor cost that was 57% higher than what I was told. I called Lowe’s and spoke to a male who identified himself as the manager of the mill works department. I told him that I wanted an explanation for the substantial increase in the price of the door and installation. He explained that the actual door was 80 inches tall and that this was not a standard dimension. I told him that I would be checking this with the manufacturer, at which point he hung up on me. I called the store back and asked to speak to the manager. It turns out that the male who identified himself as the manager was not really the manager. It also turns out that 80 inches is a standard height for an interior door. At this point Lowe’s has wasted over three hours of my time. It has taken over ten days to do a task that should have taken two days. It is obvious to me that their staff has been intentionally wasting my time. I’m sure that they will not find the situation as amusing when I send Lowe’s a bill for my time. Needless to say, I will be calling Home Depot the next time I need an appliance replaced.

I do not know what is going on as of late with Lowes, but in the past, I have had no problems. But lately, the smallest things turns into a disaster.

Even calling the customer service department is bad. You get a totally different answer from each person you talk to about the same problem. So today I have spent 2 hours of my time trying to get answers about a refrigerator repair, that was supposed to happen two weeks ago. (Mind you it's not even a year old) The last rude representative told me that I needed to call the manufacturer even though I paid for a 5 year warranty through Lowes.

When I explained to him that Lowes needed to honor the warranty I purchased, regardless if it was still under the manufacturers. The rep. than hung up on me. Than another 20 min to get someone to help.

But thank God for the internet and Google. I found a different number for customer service (800)-445-6937 and finally got some satisfaction.

But I really do question why a new refrigerator needs a part. Going forward, I probably will go to Home Depot for appliances and I will never buy another Frigidaire if they break in less than a year.

Review
Cons
  • Employees
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Rude customer service

Large Appliance saleswoman demanded her space after telling another customer she wouldn't help them without an item code because she had other customers demanding her time. When I became angry about a $2/ft refrigerator water line add-on, rather than trying to appease me, the customer, she whined saying it wasn't her fault and she wasn't being rude. Mind, no one ever mentioned the word rude to her but she arrived at that conclusion on her own then denied it. She also informed us, after the purchase, delivery would not be the following day, as posted on every appliance but, within a few days following receipt of the refrigerator in the store, which would be three weeks or more. This occurred at the Beaver Ruin store in Atlanta and was for a supposedly in-stock item. I told each Lowe employee I would write this review. None cared.

Why do you feel you shouldn't pay for the water line? They have to pay the cost of materials and time to hook it up.

Customers like you that think retail employees need to bow to them and grant your every wish really ruin a day for a sales person. They are only following company policies. They don't own the store and have the authority to give things away. Quit being a PITA and you will be treated a lot better.

As far as next day delivery you will find it's rather hard to deliver something they don't have in stock. Stores do on occasion run out. Then you have to wait for more to come in. Once they are in delivery can be scheduled.

Sorry,she can't go in the back room and build you one.

Too bad everyone can't work a week in a retail store as part of their high school education. Bet people would understand it's not as simple as you seem to think.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Over-priced add-ons
  • Customer service received
  • Price
Reason of review
Inability to deliver as promoted AND poor customer service
Loss
Tags
  • Promotional Traps

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111