Medford, Oregon

Picked out tile and carpet at Lowes. We installed the tile ourselves but when it came time for the carpet install that's where they list me to Home Depot.

Wished we gave Home Depot all our money. The installer called to schedule measurements. I let him know we don't get home until 3:30 pm but that the store assured us that would not be a problem as they do measurement until 5 pm. Brandon told me he lives in Rosevurg so he needs to leave town by 3:00 pm.

I called the store tinker them know their installers quit at 3 pm and wondered if they had other installers. Christine told me no but she would call the company to see what was going on and would call me back. One week later and she never called me back. So, I called and spoke with the main manager, Scott.

Scott assured me I could call and speak with Ryan and he would take care of me and that he was aware of the situation. So, I called Ryan and he knew nothing about it but when I suggested he speak with Scott and call me back he rudely informed me he was standing next to Scott when I called original. Ok great! Ryan let me known the installer was not going to answer the phone on Sunday just for me.

As a consumer I already knew that :) but thanks. Ryan assured me he'd call me on Monday and make arrangements. Funny, Ryan was the end decision I went with Home Depot on Sunday and ordered carpet but good thing I did because Ryan never called me back today. Lowes, I was a solid customer and even drove across town for you when Home Depot was right in my neighborhood.

Bye-bye Lowes and hello Home Depot and every other local store I can find. Customer service still matters.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Carpet Installation.

Comments

RIGHT! Go to Home Depot!

No one on this site is going to fall for THAT one ! Read the Home depot complaints sometime.

@Anonymous

I know, right. On the Home Depot complaint site they are always saying “I’m going to Lowe’s”.

And what is with this site anyhow? The majority of the posters have some sort of pattern to the name they leave.

It’s always a stupid variation of an adjective, name of an animal, then a three digit number. For example: RavishingTerrier243