600 N Tarrant Pkwy, Keller, TX 76248
1.7

I purchased a water heater 6 years ago with an 8 year extended warranty. However, Lowe's purged their system 5 yrs ago and lost all my receipts and Product Protection Plan (PPP) information.

I sent them my copies of the PPP and one representative offered me a onetime courtesy. I followed their procedures and hit many obstacles but, after 8 hr of back and forth phone calls, the manufacturer and Lowe's HQ Customer Service said they couldn't help me with the warranty and back paddled on their onetime courtesy. So on Day 3 I called the HQ of Lowes and they gave me the same run around. They said to "wait for a call" that never came.

Now I am in day 4 of getting a solution from Lowes.

I got so frustrated with this unacceptable behavior with back and forth conversations, so I went to Home Depot, purchased a new water Heater with a PPP that actually works. I asked Lowes to reimburse me for my out of pocket expenses and again they gave me the run around and refused to help me.

So far I have endured 4 days of unnecessary phone calls with no solution, failed to receive the extended warrant I paid for, and I lost the one time courtesy because of your unfair 'protocol'. All I have heard is a plethora of excuses to avoid delivering what they promised.

Their behavior of brushing me off with excuses was appalling.

This Company sells poor quality products and encourages customers to by the protection plan only to give them nothing in return for their money. It's a scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Lowes Pros: First impression of original sales person.

Lowes Cons: Poor customer service.

• Poor management skills
  • Defrauding Customer
  • Worthless Warranty

Comments

Sounds like another whiner that can't take responsibility for their own actions. Why do you expect store to keep track of your receipts?

You should have file your receipt and warranty away. If you had, you could easily provided the proof of purchase they need to process a claim.

Grow up and take some responsibility for your inability to keep your own records. Bet Home Depot will want a copy of your receipt as well if you need to file a claim in the future.