Not only has our oven taken 3 months to get to my house....(with the microwave still not here yet) lowes sent some Neanderthal over to my house and this is how he left the wiring....not only is it a fire hazard but being the owner of an electrical company I am extremely upset and amazed at the fact that someone could do this work and think it was acceptable....stop hiring non-licensed people to do your *** and this won't happen...if one of my employees did this I would can their ***...not only does lowes have horrible customer service in the store but it's even worse outside of it

This reviewer shared experience about "all of the above" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Lowes and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lowes.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #1160429

Holy *** that is f'ing crazy!I'm a Flooring installer for Home Depot and have a few other accounts and with these accounts I have to have liability insurance for up to 2 million and workman's comp along with at least 3 yrs min exp criminal back ground check and references for installations going back to 3 yrs before I can even be a badged installer.

As do all sub contracting installers of any skilled trade. I know that in other fields such as in your case electrical. That the technician must have at least 2 yrs of completed schooling, 3 yrs on the job exp, and the same in insurance as I do.

So with that being said if it was the delivery guy delivering the oven that did that to your electrical, then sir you may have grounds for a lawsuit.

It is totally against policy for any delivery guys to make any kind of changes to a homeowners property. Meaning if it don't fit, or doesn't have the correct hook up or outlet for installation then they must stop immediately and let customer or home owner know immediately.

I know Home Depot has strict policies against that sort of thing.The same reason we have to carry our "own" insurance, have back ground checks, etc before we can even be badged as their installer and given work orders to enter any of their customers homes.

You say that you are an owner of an electric company, I notice that you did not say you were a contractor, so it does not mean that you are a licensed Master or journeyman electrician.If you did own your own contracting business, you would know all for the codes associated as you are liable for all that your Master does as he falls under your business umbrella.

So, you should have been paying attention and called the Master of the company providing service for your install. The employee that provided your service may not even be certified, you should know that. He only needs to work under the direction of a licensed Master as per code, who does not have to be at the work site. Though most jurisdictions require the worker to be at least journeyman qualified.

So, your failure is to not monitor the situation and allow him to leave without reviewing his work. I agree with the earlier comment below. As an owner, it would have been no cost for you to have even your master to come over and install it the correct way. This job is quite easy, a quick review of the codes and you could have installed it yourself.

Even with all of this said, Lowe's needs to be given reviews of the contractors that they hire. I do not work for Lowe's, but have used their contractors in the past.

They always are welcoming of contractor reviews and are willing to work with the customers, at least from what I found out.You should have contacted your local Lowe's first and...

If you own an electrical company like you say you do, why would you or one of your employees wired the outlet for the range? Seems odd that you would hire Lowes to do it.

to Anonymous #1168545

Lol! I thought the same thing!