Chillicothe, Missouri

I MADE A PURCHASE IN LOWE'S. I CHOSE TO PAY CASH.

VERY IRRITATED TO RECEIVE A HAND FULL OF CURRENCY AND COINS WITH A STATEMENT OF "HERE'S YOUR CHANGE". I COMMENED THAT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE CHANGE COUNTED BACK , ALL I RECEIVED WAS A COOL STARE. IF CASH CUSTOMERS ARE A THING OF THE PAST AT LOWE'S, I PROBABLY WILL SHOP SOMEWHERE THAT STILL VALUES CUSTOMER COURTESY AND THE AMERICAN CURRENCY.

A SUPERVISOR WAS DIRCTLY BEHIND US IN THE CHECKOUT LINE. THAT SUPERVISOR OBSERVED THE ENTIRE TRANSACTION, BUT MADE NO COMMENT TO EMPLOYEE OR THIS CUSTOMER.

Comments

Texarkana, Texas, United States #632916

of course you whined about not having change counted back. You probably have a "problem" with something and anything every where you go. BYE, go shop somewhere else, I love hearing that so I know I wont have to deal with YOU again :)

RetailCop
Dallas, Texas, United States #567674

First of all....The CAPS LOCK is located to the left of the "a". I know your type.

Your the 70 - 80 yr old male, that loves to be pissed off.

What did you expect the clerk to say?? Grow up!!

nikalseyn
Bay City, Michigan, United States #564533

Do what I do. When the *** hands you a wad of bills and change, verrrry slowly count it out to ensure you received the correct amount.

This holds up the line. If you detect impatience from the cashier or customer behind you, just state that "if my change was counted out to me properly, I wouldn't have to delay everyone." But, you must remember that most of the cashiers are a product of public schools and thus almost completely ignorant of math and how to make change without a machine.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #564526

It's because no one knows how to count back change anymore... It's not that they are too lazy, they are just too ***!!!

Education/intelligence has NOTHING to do with being able to count back change. The reason why people don't count back change is because they're not taught to.

You can teach a monkey to count back change. Blaming education or the current generation's intelligence is extremely ignorant.

Around here, some do count your change back. At least those with an education.

Todays society relies on electronic gadgets to get them by in life.

Anything, such as counting money, puts the "fear of death" look into their eyes. Education is not what was years ago, but a "dumber America is a better America" is the norm these days.

I haven't had change actually counted back to me for years. Basically since the cash register figured out the amount of change a person had coming.

I worked in fast food, back in the late nineties and I was the only employee that did that. I always kind of figured I was the only employee that was old enough to know how to do that.

The thing that annoys me in any store is when I write out a check and the cashier looks at it, then thanks me using my first name. I am 72 years old and don't consider it polite for people young enough to be my grandkids to be calling me, a complete stranger, by my first name.