6.3K views

I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract.Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement.

The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do, return the item to the place of purchase for replacement. No questions asked." After the the tool manager was called to the return desk. I was told that the model number is no longer carried.

When I asked for similar item they wanted to charge for difference in price? I tried explain the price of new one was the same as what I paid for the broken one. Now I asked to talk with the store manager. They made a phone call and I was finally given the new tape.

So much for a "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE" THANKS FOR THE HASSLE!!!

LOWES I'm buying Craftsman from now on!I've never had any problem returning a tool at Sears.

Review about: Lowes Replacement.

Comments

Well, if you were "finally given the new tape", how is it you had a "monetary loss" of ten bucks? Sounds like Democrat math.

I used Kobalt 25' magnetic tape measures for years, and never once had an issue with warranty replacement. I was disappointed when Lowe's stopped carrying them. Now using Klein.

h.kitchener

First things first---don't even think about buying Craftsman tools anymore.They are not as good as many other brands plus Sears is on the brink and probably won't be around long enough to honor their once-vaunted lifetime replacement.

As for Kobalt, they make some good stuff and it appears you encountered a Lowe's employee who doesn't understand the Kobalt guarantee and/or didn't want to be bothered satisfying a customer. The Kobalt website shows the tape measure guarantee as having a "satisfaction guarantee" and if you need to return it, they say go to where you purchased it.

Kobalt doesn't seem to have an email for you to complain but they do have a telephone number to contact them at: 1-888-356-2258(1-888-3KOBALT).I suggest you give them a call Monday thru Friday 8-5pm EST and complain about their "guarantee." And, of course re-evaluate you buying anything from Lowe's.

to h.kitchener #1406039

The Lowes web site "satisfaction guarantee" states "SATISFACTION GUARANTEE [which is the only warranty that now applies to tape measures] If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the product to the place of purchase within 90 days.We, at our option, will repair it, replace it, or, based on your method of payment with a valid receipt, refund your money.

At some point, people, you have to understand that a company cannot keep giving away their products forever and remain in business.

Let's be reasonable here.And, by the way, I'm 71, and I cannot count on two hands the number of times I've seen tradesmen bring in beat up, abused tools, particularly power tools, to places like Sears and ask for a new one.

Who replace the kobaly tape measure?

They recently discontinued the Kobalt lifetime tape measures. When I went to return mine they gave me store credit and I found out just how terrible the Stanley FatMax has become.

to Michael B #1404551

FatMax is too pricey for the level of quality you get.

Just switched out a 16ft Kobalt tape today.Learned they are no longer lifetime guarantee.

Satisfaction Guarantee.What a joke

When are the kolbalt tapes coming back

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States #1221590

good for you, how is that working out for you now?