Highland, New York
4.4K views 7 comments

I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract.Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement.

The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do, return the item to the place of purchase for replacement. No questions asked." After the the tool manager was called to the return desk. I was told that the model number is no longer carried.

When I asked for similar item they wanted to charge for difference in price? I tried explain the price of new one was the same as what I paid for the broken one. Now I asked to talk with the store manager. They made a phone call and I was finally given the new tape.

So much for a "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE" THANKS FOR THE HASSLE!!!

LOWES I'm buying Craftsman from now on!I've never had any problem returning a tool at Sears.

Review about: Kobalt Tape Measure.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lowes Replacement
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $10
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States #1221590

good for you, how is that working out for you now?

South Gate, California, United States #1203249

I've never had a problem returning Kobalt tape measure .I choose Kobalt over Dewalt and Milwaukee any day of the week.

Friendly customers make friend

I returned my craftsman 25' tape and they stopped making tapes.They gave me a Stanley with a limited lifetime warranty that only covers defects and must be returned by mail.

I gave it away and bought a kobalt. Returned it twice after wearing out due to typical overuse/abuse and they gave me the new one.

My advice: Just be nice to the customer service rep and there will be no hassles.Be a *** about it and they will bend over backwards to make it more difficult for you.

Mr Big

Try getting a replacement on a craftsman item... Before long sears will be gone.

Mr Big

joe

Hey

MauiAl49

Craftsman no longer make tape measures