La Habra, California

Assistant store manager Jessica is the reason I don't like going to Lowes. She is a shining example of horrible customer service. Ironically, the people working for her were decent. Slow to help customers...but decent on the whole. Here's my latest Lowe's horror story:

My wife and I had saved for years to build our dream kitchen. I ordered a $600 window at Lowe's, among a few other items, because they had a sale going. It arrived in 2 weeks as promised, and I called to schedule a pickup. When I arrived I waited 20 minutes for them to find my window (not terrible, but not the "immediate pickup" I was promised on the phone). Well come to find out the window was damaged. I pointed that out to Assistant Manager Jessica along with telling her that my install was planned for 2 days from now and her response was, "Well you shouldn't have scheduled an install so close to pickup of the window." Excuse me? Was I supposed to anticipate that Lowe's was going to screw up and damage my window or something? She offered to replace the window or give us 10% off. When I said I wasn't happy with the 10% off idea she told me, "I wasn't done talking yet" in the most condescending tone I have ever heard used toward an adult, and shook her head like she was talking to a 5 year old child. She pointed out that I already got 10% off the window when I purchased it. Of course I got 10% off when I purchased it! It was on sale! That's why I bought it at Lowe's in the first place! Believe me, if it were on sale anywhere else I would have gone there instead.

I demanded a replacement window, which they agreed to. Then I continued to wait another 43 minutes for them to find the door I already scheduled a pickup for. They had this door in stock as a regular item and it took them 43 minutes to get it to the front of the store! When I told Assistant Manager Jessica that I was "f'ing pissed" with their delays, poor customer service, damaged window, and her condescending attitude she told me that she didn't appreciate my language and walked away. I never raised my voice and used a single expletive to describe my current demeanor (seriously, check the tape) after taking delivery of a broken window, waiting over an hour for them to give me an in-stock door I already paid for, and tolerating her attitude and that's how she's going to end it? I thought I should have been thanked for keeping such calm attitude. Apparently not. Thanks Lowe's for delivering quality customer service once again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Replacement.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lowes Cons: Customer service from assist manager.

Comments