136 Turnpike Rd Suite 100, Southborough, MA 01772, USA

I bought two large Christmas lawn decorations from Lowe's just before Christmas in 2015, spending over $200. Both have fans to blow them up.

They worked fine for last season. When I went to set them up this year neither of the fans would spin. They appeared to be rusted and corroded. I went to the local Lowe's and was rudely informed that 'the seasonal return policy is 30 days with a receipt, sirrr'.

I asked for the manager and he puffed out his chest and repeated their policy. He was a big guy and seemed to want to intimidate me.

I politely argued my case with no success. 'Have a nice day' (sarcastically) was the last thing I heard as I turned to leave.

Product or Service Mentioned: Christmas Decoration.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1267986

You are aware that all seasonal merchandise has that policy as many try to abuse the policy before that allowed all refunds, which in turned raised prices. It is not the store's fault that you can not maintain a product.

So you put them away with some snow or moisture left on them and the moisture rusted the fan, does't sound like a defect to me. Why should the store or manufacturer be responsible for improper storage?

Do you realize that when a store takes products back that aren't defective but abused we as consumers cover that cost in the form of higher prices? I for one don't want to have to pay for your improper storage and am glad Lowes refused your return.

offconsumerpissed
Muncie, Indiana, United States #1259629

Don't ya just hate when companies don't let you return used stuff you bought a year ago? Ugh!